It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Avocadoshag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hi ATSers,
I've been lurking here for maybe three years, finally decided to sign up and become a (hopefully) contributing member.

I first came here following a link from a news story about some kind of paranormal activity; I began reading the top stories regularly in a kind of tabloid entertainment way. But what caught my attention were the in-depth threads and (mostly) intelligent commentaries on a wide variety of subjects. Since the Deepwater disaster this has become my favorite news site because of the "man in the street" contributions.

So, thanks for the years of entertainment and thought-provocation, and I hope I'll be able to contribute to the scene here.

~Avocadoshag

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Howdy Avacadoshag! Fan of guacamole by chance?

Welcome aboard, glad ya decided to join in!
Ats rocks for sure, interactive news and concepts of the grandest scope. Where else are you going to find such a cool hood?

spec

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hi Speculativeoptimist

thanks for the greetings! I took a look at your profile and the first thing I saw was the thread on great drummers...I think you and I will get along just fine. I've been playing drums since I was 9, now I'm 49 so it's been awhile. You've got all my faves listed there, I was going to add Gavin Harrison but someone beat me to it. Among other projects he plays with Porcupine Tree; I saw them perform in Seattle last fall and was blown away by his smooth style and work with a double bass pedal.

And yes, I like guacamole but I'm a big fan of ugly green carpet

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

Hey another drummer, cool! Glad ya dug the thread and hopefully some more vids will be brought onboard of other drummers I am unfamiliar with.
Have a good one

spec

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hey there, paranormal activity eh? Interesting... I hope you find what helps.

Welcome,
Ryan

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, O green, shaggy, guacamole-eating one. I'm sure you and I will get along just fine.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
ct.iscute.com...
WELCOME TO ATS AVOCADOSHAG!!!

Originally posted by avocadoshag
Hi ATSers,
I've been lurking here for maybe three years, finally decided to sign up and become a (hopefully) contributing member.

procrastinator! (please don't check the threads on my profile page, you will discover that it took me 5 years to provide my introductory thread)

So, thanks for the years of entertainment and thought-provocation, and I hope I'll be able to contribute to the scene here.
~Avocadoshag

i'm glad you are here.

i hope you enjoy your ATS experience, and please don't post crap,
ET

-edited to fix quote

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.....and thank you for the best screen name I've seen on here in a long time!
You're gonna fit right in, I can tell.......

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the greetings everyone; and to ET: I'm planning to stop procrastinating...one of these days.

top topics

join