It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lunatic Fringe Strikes Back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
An article by some guy writing for the Examiner has given James Gilliland an opportunity to explain why nobody takes his claims very seriously....it's the fault of ATS.

A recent ATS thread...Ultradimensional UFO: James Gilliland and ECETI Censorship drew the consensus that ECETI wasn't censored by anything other than its own lack of credibility. They've been posting a variety of videos for years now. Their ECETI website invites people to marvel at Catfolk from Sirius. They're a harmless bunch and a weekend at the ranch is probably good fun. Imagining the NOSS satellites are peace and love aliens saying hello is a great video opportunity.

The video is creatively described by the Examiner...

In the video, the UFO is shown to roll and tumble during flight. Numerous appendages extend and retract back into a central luminous body. The appendages appear to contain bubbles of dark matter constrained as if by magnetic lines of force creating shapes something like the petals on a flower.
Ultradimensional UFO defies censorship, appears at ECETI

The Examiner has a spectacular track record of backing the wrong horse. It's my experience that they actively avoid every opportunity to present facts. If two cars had a race and one of them had no tires or even an engine...an Examiner writer would bet on the latter. Having lost, they'd claim the race was fixed. I point this out to give James Gilliland the benefit of the doubt. What the article says he said...and what he really said could be different.

Gilliland related how one MUFO investigator told him that Above Top Secret (ATS) had already debunked ECETI UFO contact at a time when ATS were actually on-site at the ranch conducting an investigation. However, Gilliland said that the ATS team "completely sanitized" their reporting of events. British singer-songwriter Robbie Williams was also there and according to Gilliland the ATS team produced significant recordings of multiple ships, orbs interacting with people on the field, spontaneous healing and sounds from the UFO's but never released these important findings to the public.
Ultradimensional UFO defies censorship, appears at ECETI

ATS can't 'sanitize' what ECETI posts on You Tube or 'censor' anything Gilliland or The Examiner chooses to publish. The sad fact is ECETI haven't provided anything to generate interest. The Examiner has supported any lame duck that comes into view.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It's funny you bring up how the examiner backs the wrong people and does no research. This is so true, any UFO report made on MUFON "investigated or not" or cgi video on youtube that gets an article on the Examiner as a real and credible UFO case. There is never a follow up article nor any research in to the claims or people behind it.

Like the CGI pyramids and countless other hoaxes. Like when Alison Kruse was suspended from Youtube for her lude behavior and trolling the Examiner had an article accusing TPTB of covering up her footage. It was if she herself wrote the article. That there was disinfo people and the whole usual crock of crap and cop out the lunatic fringe and hoaxer rebuttal all the time . Nor did the Examiner mention she was a known hoaxer or the debunking of her footage,MUFON's statement that she was a hoaxer either.

UFO Digest is just as bad of a tabloid type of paper and the National enquirer in the subject. The Examiner does not employ real reporters or require anyone to have any degree to write an article just freelancers with no experience. They had an add in my local paper hiring people with just good writing and editing skills and photographers. It said no experience nececary and it shows.

No they do not do any research they only listen to the lunatic fringe for some reason. Gilliand is a hack, that footage of the bug using night vision is the new trend in hoaxing anymore. They use the same half wit hoax methods and when they are ignored or debunked they use it as a conspiracy theory.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by theMegaladon]

[edit on 20-8-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky.....

I'm glad you posted this.

Upon my review of that video a few days ago, it struck as to how far Gilliland has fallen into the muck & the swamp of the UFO hoaxers & con men.

I also think he might have some other "non-UFO" problems up there. :shk:

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

He wasn't always like this though, was he?

I wonder if his relationship with Greer has anything to do with it?

Is it a recent thing?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Is it a recent thing?

Chadwickus.....

No.....I don't think so. He seemed to start off as a logical presenter of the Gilliland "events".

That is possible. Gilliland does not strike me as a particularly "strong" character. Therefore I think it's possible he could be influenced by the likes of Greer.

Is it a recent thing?

It is my impression he has "headed south" in a big way in more recent times.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I smell a conspiracy here.

Greer is disinfo and by acting the way he does he discredits all those who are around him.

Gilliland has unidentified orbs? Send Greer!

Those astronauts saw UFO's? Send Greer!

I've worked it all out!

PS. I am at least half serious about this too.

Greer, deliberately or not is bad for UFOlogy, this we know.

[edit on 20/8/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I smell a conspiracy here.
Greer is disinfo and by acting the way he does he discredits all those who are around him.
Gilliland has unidentified orbs? Send Greer!
Those astronauts saw UFO's? Send Greer!
I've worked it all out!

PS. I am at least half serious about this too.
Greer, deliberately or not is bad for UFOlogy, this we know.

Chadwickus.....

On the one hand.....

Rather than a "someone" or a "something" sending Greer.....

It could just be a result of his increasing desire to make more of his dirty money, thereby sating his narcissistic behavioural disorder......which, by the way.....now extends to him exhibiting his own body obsessively & even inappropriately.

On the other hand.....

Perhaps a "someone" or a "something" could use Greer's narcissistic behavioural disorder to coax him into "desired directions".

Such "desired directions" could include material that needs to be "disinfoed" or "smeered", as well as more abhorent behaviour by Greer.....i.e. the whole "naked photo" thing.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I agree there. Greer is like the tar baby of the ufo field. The more people deal with him, the more they get stuck.

I should have been fairer to The Examiner in the OP. It's a semi-voluntary outfit and there's probably someone out there writing from a reasonable position. I've just not seen one yet. The Exos seem to run the UFO pages over there. From what I've worked out, any US citizen can apply to write and get paid through page visits. When UFOs are your focus, site visits don't come from low-key news.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I feel so sorry for all those who went as proof to the Disclosure press conference, I suspect some were indeed 'Greer'd' but the ones who went hoping to make a genuine push towards disclosure (whatever that may be) have been blemished since because of Greer.

Greer is a headstrong, greedy, self important a**e, I heard him on stage and at one point he mentioned that he was a body builder...wtf?

Greer infects and rots Ufology, he can be constantly heard when he's in a discussion playing top trumps (a card game when you claim to have the best of something), "I have an inside source in the Pentagon" is said and then Greer says "ah, but I have a higher up inside source"...It's pathetic.

And he's always 'briefing people', what this actually boils down to is that he's phoned up some one, he's waffled on and the person has said 'Buddy, you are a wacko'.

Sorry, he's a scam artist and doing what they all do, looking for attention and of course YOUR MONEY...

Edit: because of hung over spelling

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Mclaneinc]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Another idiot I cannot stand is fellow country man Nick Pope, this fool turns up for the opening of an envelope.

He offers NOTHING and trust me he's got a truck load of it...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My angle is that if you know a hoaxer, you shouldnt be believed. I wouldnt trust a copper who hangs out with coke dealers, therefore you shouldnt trust a UFO researcher who consorts with liars, schemers, backstabbers, and walking cancers like Greer.
If a person sees something and wants to be recognised as having seen something, then the first thing to do would be to hit the internet and learn about who is who in the field. If you see the sort of dirt that independant sites like this have on that piece of walking BS then obviously you wouldnt contact him.
Gilliand should know better than to complain. He (if he wishes to be credited with ANY legitimacy) ought to cut ties with Greer, and then admit when hes over stretching the importance or even the authenticity of his evidence and THEN when he has cleared his house of Greer, and had his colon steam cleaned as a precaution, he can go out and find some real evidence and have people marvel at it, rather than wondering which of his friends it was that provided the sample.

Edit for spelling , grammar, and fail.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

While I have no doubts that Greer (and Bassett and Gilliland) is a disinformation broker, I doubt they are working at the behest of anyone. They are ufological attention-whores and science-fiction snake-oil salesmen. They sell miracle cures, enlightenment and a better world, for only the price of your belief, loyalty and a few hundred bucks.

One cannot give them the benefit of the doubt about their sincerity. These peddlers of lies and deceit have none. Whenever they are challenged, notice how quickly they or their followers will attack critics as "paid disinformation agents." They never defend the substance of their claims, because they have no substance. Greer and his ilk their veil of lies is thin and easily turn, therefore their livelihood vulnerable, so seek to distract by personally attacking their critics.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Very true but then the media trot him out to do his shill far too often. How much longer will he dine out on his MOD phase? These goof ball have thoroughly muddied the water. Now the revelations regarding the Airforce ghost radar experiments are out I am further withdrawing from UFOs and not just the ETH.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Yeah, I know, hence the half serious bit.

Was seeing what it was like with the boot on the other foot so to speak.

And with these guys doing what they do, who needs disinfo agents?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Yeah, I know, hence the half serious bit.

Was seeing what it was like with the boot on the other foot so to speak.

And with these guys doing what they do, who needs disinfo agents?

Whenever their followers accuse critics of being disinformation agents, we should turn the accusation back on them.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I should have been fairer to The Examiner in the OP. It's a semi-voluntary outfit and there's probably someone out there writing from a reasonable position. I've just not seen one yet. The Exos seem to run the UFO pages over there. From what I've worked out, any US citizen can apply to write and get paid through page visits. When UFOs are your focus, site visits don't come from low-key news.

I think you were as fair the Examiner deserves. While you are right they are a semi-volunteer outfit, they still attach their name to the product, therefore responsible for the content. They are enabling people like Greer and Gilliland to spread disinformation.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
From what I've worked out, any US citizen can apply to write and get paid through page visits. When UFOs are your focus, site visits don't come from low-key news.

If such content were produced, I for one would read and support it.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Another idiot I cannot stand is fellow country man Nick Pope, this fool turns up for the opening of an envelope.

He offers NOTHING and trust me he's got a truck load of it...

♪You've got a friend♫

Looks great when ATS gets labelled as a cause for non evidence based claims to not be trusted.

Seriously; it, looks, great!

This is probably the best turn of events for this place since Witnessfromafar debunking his own Battle of LA thread as a story.

Flag and stars all round for everyone!!!

-m0r

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Felines do come from the moons of sirius a and b. And many are here in source, who remember this.

Big cosmos and every model and variation of software has already been done, repeatedly.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Felines do come from the moons of sirius a and b. And many are here in source, who remember this.

The moons of Sirius A and B? Are you sure about that?

Speaking of disinformation agents...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Huh? You guys are all off on tangents when here we have someone accusing ATS of withholding information, sanitizing their reporting, and not showing us certain videos?

Oh boy.

I can already tell where this is going, and I'm not gonna even U2U Springer. If I know the crew here worth a darn, I'd be willing to bet that:

1) The "sanitizing of information" was probably in truth "necessary editing"

2) "Withholding information" was probably something similar, and

3) "Not showing us certain videos" was probably because they may have deemed some of the footage they shot unusable. Again, necessary editing.

Either that or they are saving the best stuff for a special occasion.
ATS HAS toyed around with the idea of a TV series in the past though.

Hehe, YOU GUYS U2U Springer or SO to find out...haha

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join