It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi judge seeks spine punishment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

Yup you are being too sensitive, but ultimately what they are not telling you is that there is also mercy.

The person who was attacked, has the right to stop this punishment from taking place, it is ultimately up to him.

I like justice, the West can learn a lot from this, but that doesn't mean I like every Saudi Arabian law.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
there's a reason countries that still do that type of punishment are backwards and the countries that don't are advanced.

don't glorify such cruelty, it's best to have as little of it as possible .....

What channel do you watch?

Anyways, it seems Iran is advancing pretty well, it seems because they don't allow America to infiltrate their country.

Unlike Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries which has allowed their country to be controlled by the West, and by Western puppets, that is why they are not advancing.

Backward, lol, what do you know about backward? Last time I heard Americans are still talking about what their forefathers would do

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118
If someone murders some one and they receive a death sentence then the ones inducing the death sentence are just as much murderers as the 'criminal'.

I agree. Although they may deserve death, it does not give another person the right to end their life.

The prison system should master the art of rehabilitation instead of revenge.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

a lot of things that are crimes like honor killings and beating your wife are not crime there. i think the reasons crime is low there are more complex than their cruel punishments. i mean if harsh punishment stopped crime, canada would be far more dangerous than the us. but it's actually far more safe.

You have been watching too much TV, there is no such thing as honor killings (it is called murder).

Beating your wife is called physical abuse, and if they are caught, an eye for an eye applies, the men will be punished the same way they abused their wifes.

Don't try to post FOX news crap here.

About your Canada idea, here is a statestic for you:

Assault victims (most recent) by country

# 1 Saint Kitts and Nevis: 3%
# 2 United Kingdom: 2.8%
= 3 Australia: 2.4%
= 3 New Zealand: 2.4%
# 5 Canada: 2.3%
# 6 Finland: 2.1%
= 7 Denmark: 1.4%
= 7 France: 1.4%
= 9 Belgium: 1.2%
= 9 United States: 1.2%

www.nationmaster.com...

[edit on 19-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I just read about this in the news. Saw this thread's title yesterday but just blew it off as something else the damn muslims are doing.

I've read the comments and it's easy to just call them backwards. Their society has been retarded by their religion and the religious leaders refusal to think beyond the sixth century. That is for a different thread.

I honestly can not say our system is better as we do kill people. It may take over 20 years, but they still die.

This inflicted spine injury is over the top in punishment. It would never be allowed by our system due to the 8th Amendment. But then, we are imposing our morals, ethics, and legal system on them.

Paralyzing this guy will not stop any future attacks, except by him. The same as our system killing a convict will not stop violent crime except by the person being killed.

I have no love for islam nor do I have any respect for the followers of this perverse religion. All the apologist for islam within this site are intellectual pygmies at best. However...

Would you actually expect anything less from Saudi Arabia....

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Paralyzing this guy will not stop any future attacks, except by him. The same as our system killing a convict will not stop violent crime except by the person being killed.

I tend to disagree:

Knowing that physically assaulting someone and caught would get you the same exact injuries, would force you to think twice.

There is a reason why Assault is incredibly low in Saudi Arabia.

If I a tough guy, meaning with a lot of muscle and damn good at fighting, here in West I would love to fight and smash people around for no reason, do you know why? Because of arrogance, and because some girls find it attractive.

But if I knew by physically hurting someone, it would definitely come back to haunt me, that is when I would think twice.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
this world is full of retards that dont think before tehy act that woudl teach them.

Yet there are those who don't use punctuation and can't spell calling others "retards"?

Yes, an eye for an eye hinders "some" crime. Obviously not all or people in S.A. wouldn't still be getting raped, murdered, having their things stolen, etc. Obviously it doesn't work as well as those who support this would have us think.

IMO, the best deterent from crime is to have a well armed citizenry. Like the good 2nd amendment gave us in the US.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So, you take your meat cleaver and sharpen it up

Out the door you go, looking for someone to rob

You rob someone and when he tries to defend himself and his property, you whack him with the meat cleaver. Becauseyou don't want to get hurt ! You don't want to be captured and go to jail. You want his stuff. His stuff. Stuff he]/i] worked and saved and chose and paid for

You whack him hard, because you have the meat cleaver. Makes you the winner. He doesn't have a meat cleaver. So you win. He loses

And you whack him really hard. To give you time to grab his stuff and run away and evade capture and imprisonment

Behind you, you leave someone who will never walk again - never run into the surf - never go dancing with his wife or daughter - never be able to swing his children and grandchildren in the air ----- never be able to earn his own living. Will be reduced to poverty and scorn. Won't even be able to pay for his own burial. Can't even go to the toilet on his own. Has been reduced to dependency -- a drain on his family. Knowing, all the time, though they'd never say it and would try not to think it .... that they would be better off if he were dead. Then no more stinking sheets or chamber pots. No more getting up for him in the night. No more having to stay home because he can't be left alone

And what had he done wrong ? Nothing. Just happened to have something a thieving piece of garbage wanted to steal

Yes. Disable the thief. But cut his legs off instead of severing his spinal cord. That way, he won't be a burden on others but will have to crawl around on a wheeled trolley, begging from others instead of stealing from and paralysing them. Give him time to think. Will make potential thieves think, too

Excellent

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The title of this thread sums it up for me...

A Saudi judge... That means that it's an internal issue involving a sovereign and recognized legal system and code of laws.

If this turns out to inflame the Saudi people then that's for them to work out.

[edit on 8/19/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
reply to post by 19872012

I think its a bit unfair to call them "backwards". They live their lives under their beliefs which they have a right to.

With the amount of murders, robberies and general disrespect for people in this world I am not of the opinion that we are "advanced". Maybe there was a time when we had an advantage but I think we are slipping into general free for all.

In Saudi Arabia there is a lot more respect among the general population for each other, it might be enforced in a hard way but it works!!

"enforced" respect is not respect it is fear. For sane and rational people it is better to be loved than feared. And doing anything short of capital punishment, i.e. hanging, gas, etc., is barbaric and inhumane. The countries are backwards, they can be compared to most European countries law policies in the middle and dark ages.

We have learned that barbaric practices are not righteous. oddly enough most of the barbarism in the middle/dark ages was carried out by religious officials against the citizenry. We have learned from the mistakes of theocracy and fascism it seems a lot of people like to overlook that we have changed since then but are slipping back to those ways.

To be a good example to the middle east we need to re establish our countries in a proper way to lead them to a better form of government then theocracy. It obviously doesn't work so I'm confused why people seem to support them having such a government. Just look back again at the middle ages and try to defend those theocracies too if u defend the middle east ones. you will then see the foolishness in that stance.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

Im really glad that you have had this instinctive reaction to the idea of the deliberate destruction of this person motor functions. It proves there is sweet nature and care in the world. Its also utterly without merit because it allows people to get off with light scentencing. I am pretty angry that we dont have a more brutal justice system here in the UK. Guess why ? Because at the moment, you might as well commit crime, you get yer own room, hot meals , your never more than three cells from a drug dealer, and hell, they have Sky tv right? Sod that! I want a law which states that people who start random fights in the street get thier wrists and ankles broken so they can never strike a person again without severe pain. I want theives to have thier eyes put out so they cant see thier marks, I want murderers cut to ribbons, and thier remains flown from flag poles to show everyone what you end up like afterwards. Woman beaters should have thier entire reproductive system chemicaly destroyed, and thier sexual glands then cut out, thier phalluses removed and destroyed by fire, in front of them. Thats what I call deterant.

<< 1   >>

join