It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Munds Park, AZ rest stop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ran across this online and I have to admit my curiousity was piqued:

Underground Bases

3. Munds Park, Arizona highway rest stop (reported by Dumpgoddess. Verified by Sid and also Becky, who says she was almost arrested asking what the hell they were doing there when they were building this thing)

Dumpgoddess told me she used to work at a highway rest area known as Munds Park. One day some military trucks and men pulled in and pretty much said OK, thanks for working here, we're closing the place, Buh-bye!" They spent years expanding the site and then left. The rest stop is still closed to any traffic and the entrance and exit road to it from the highway have been ripped up. Another person I know in that area said there are unmarked military trucks and vehicles parked in the back now and the place "is huge" compared to what it was, and looks quite deserted in spite of the construction.

"I live 20 miles out of Flagstaff AZ. .There is a rest area 1/2 mile away. When the government was building this rest area it took almost 3 1/2yrs to complete, and there were tall fences with dark canvas-like tarps all the way around the area so no one could see what was going on .There were also big army looking trucks pulling in and out all night, every night. Everyone in Munds Park could hear them coming and going. Now the govt. is closing the rest area for good. I'm told the fences will be put back up."

---------------
Pretty intruging stuff, although this is about it for what I can find online. What is more intruging is that the Google Street View of the entrance/exit to the area off of I-17 is blacked out completely.
Google Maps Link

Does anyone here on ATS have anymore information on this? Supposedly there is supposed to be some action in the area (although further south) in Sedona, where UFO and military presences have been reported in Boynton Canyon and off of Schenbly Hill Road, which incidentally, exits onto I-17 very close to this rest stop, being one of only two roads you can take directly from Sedona (about 30 miles away), to the freeway, the other being a well maintained AZ State Route 179.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Here is the thing, generally when the government, to include the military, builds something, they almost always use civilian contractors. Why would military vehicles ne pulling in and out? Even the military now uses mainly civilian vehicles, particularly the brass. I don't understand why military vehicles would be pulling in and out.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Umm, where exactly is it blacked out? And I see nothing of significance on Google Earth, there is a rest stop on either side of I-17, and I see nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

If those who live near this rest stop, do you have any pictures? Having pix of before and after would be a great help. Post here if you do have any.

If not, then see if you can take some. Just don't get caught.

Also, you might want to look for sensors and cameras around the surrounding area. They might be hidden in the bush or in plain sight, like at area 51.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
What is more intruging is that the Google Street View of the entrance/exit to the area off of I-17 is blacked out completely.

No it's not blacked out completely. It's totally accessible as a street view or as a satellite view. Don't breed disinformation.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Have you found out anything of this area. I have searched. And from the west side of the road, it is blocked from sight on Google.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
those google map views are quite intriguing to say the least

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
just google topix forum Flagstaff AZ and post your question there. You will get something from the locals who live near.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Today, January 22, 2015, I and two other people drove from Prescott to Munds Park, Arizona to check out this story about reported things that went on at the abandoned rest stop area. One of our party is a retired professional whose career was in ground penetrating radars, and who worked in both the U.S. and foreign countries. the second person in our party is an experience former inspector for insurance companies. The third person in the party is a retired analyst from a major U.S. intelligence agency. Our party completely searched and studied both of the abandoned rest stops, one on the east side of Interstate-17, and the second on the west side of the Interstate. The two sites are indeed abandoned and have been so for quite some time. The entrances and exits of the two sites are not "ripped up", as reported by a member of this forum. The entrances and exits still exist, and there are metal gate barricades across those roadways. Thieves have ripped out electrical wire, and taken other unknown pieces of equipment, confirmed by the presents of bolts, nuts, washers, and lock washers strewn about the areas. The men's and women's lavatory facilities have been demolished by vandals. All urinals, stools, and sinks have been broken into to shards. Beyond our confirming that the rest stops are abandoned and much vandalized, we inspected the grounds but we could not find any indications of secret entrances, electrical services, or any other features that suggest the presents of underground facilities. Please be assured that our three-man team of inspectors is well qualified to make the following judgement: The Munds Park rest stop complex is abandoned, vandalized, and hides no secrets, no underground facilities, and no alien spacecraft of being. The Munds Park rest stop and UFO connection is now debunked. It is a dead, non-issue. Yours truly, x3QzZ1p, in Prescott, Arizona.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
More on the subject of Munds Park. I should have also mentioned that our group stopped in at a local business in Munds Park and chatted them up. The subject of the rumored UFOs in the area, and the supposedly secret construction at the abandoned rest stop came up. We were told by one person there that he lived there 22 years and never saw any UFOs, and knew nothing about secret construction at the rest stop. Yours, x3QzZ1p, in Prescott.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
As one who never sees things as they seem. I find it highly interesting that 4 years after the last post this was on someones radar to "disprove". With that being said, why exactly did you decide to hunt down this specific topic and prove it wrong. Granted, 4 years ago the entrance/exits may have been ripped up and replaced later on, not saying it has but one never knows. And why are there so many "experts" in one mission to track down such an old dead topic. To make this even more suspicious for me is the fact that it involves a member who has only posted 2 times, the 2 times to this topic.

What this makes me want to do is drive out there myself and see what is or may be going on in the near future. To me this seems like a disinformation post because there was something there or there is something planned to happen there in the future and the heat needs to be taken off the area. I will definitel keep an eye on this location as I live in Arizona and its onyl a few hours drive there. Looks like I will be taking monthly trips.
edit on 25-1-2015 by speed_demon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My friends, I have lived in the park for YEARS! 30 to be truthful, military flights over the park happen near daily, and we've all heard the stories. But allow me to say that there ARE things out there, there are increased military thru traffic, heavy equipment, and the like. And it's difficult to find a good Rawson why the canyons out here are longer than maps would suggest.
All I'm trying to say is that there are things going on out here, the isolation is absolutely staggering out here, so many chock it up to delirium or they're eyes playing tricks. But if you want to find something up here, your best bet is to enter the woods at night, or rather, please, don't enter the woods at night. I sincerely doubt you will be ready for the experience.
edit on 8-3-2018 by Kaimayra because: #ed up and accidentally copied the last post

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: speed_demon
As one who never sees things as they seem. I find it highly interesting that 4 years after the last post this was on someones radar to "disprove". With that being said, why exactly did you decide to hunt down this specific topic and prove it wrong. Granted, 4 years ago the entrance/exits may have been ripped up and replaced later on, not saying it has but one never knows. And why are there so many "experts" in one mission to track down such an old dead topic. To make this even more suspicious for me is the fact that it involves a member who has only posted 2 times, the 2 times to this topic.

What this makes me want to do is drive out there myself and see what is or may be going on in the near future. To me this seems like a disinformation post because there was something there or there is something planned to happen there in the future and the heat needs to be taken off the area. I will definitel keep an eye on this location as I live in Arizona and its onyl a few hours drive there. Looks like I will be taking monthly trips.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Is this the gate?

top topics

join