It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rochdale man 'took 200 fireworks on US plane'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Rochdale man 'took 200 fireworks on US plane'

www.bbc.co.uk

An airline passenger claims he was allowed to take more than 200 fireworks on two flights in the United States.

Paul Jones, 29, from Rochdale, Greater Manchester, flew across the US from Kansas to Houston and back to the UK with a bag of bangers - and a lighter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Seems that that this guy wanted to to be a bit of a cheapskate and take some bangers ( small fireworks) back from from the US to Manchester.
He carried them in his pockets to begin with but placed them on the grey tray ( so it seems that he wasn't subject to the naked scanners) and now because of his actions in pointing out the fact that fireworks , even small ones can be carried through customs in the US , that the TSA wil now enforce more violations on the travelling public to prevent terrorism and of course keep the public safe.
All I can say is well done Paul Jones, 29 from Rochdale your a first class idiot and in your attempt to get some money for a small story you have unwittingly given the governments of the world who want to oppress the people more ammunition ( and I ain't talking bangers) to do so, of course he was only doing it to see if he could gain some cash and attention.
One word ***ing NUMPTY.
but thats two words.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
He could have been put up to it.

But to look at this from another angle, it shows that someone with no bad intentions can take something that is potentially dangerous in the wrong hands, on a plane, with no ill effects. They have been lax and there have been no major events. Its not all as bad as they would like us to think really!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This stuff happens all the time sadly. Like 2 months ago I flew from PDX to Denver airport with a 3" folding buck knife in my backpack. It went through the scanners and everything. On the way back home they pointed it out to me so I threw it away, I didn't realize I even had it on me.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

SO he made it thru, TRUSTS NOONE PROTECTING THE AIR, SMH.
2ND

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
And everything is just hunky dorey with airport security - a lighter and fireworks. Another reason to not fly!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Personally, I think it is our right to be able to carry a little knife with us. I have one on me at all times.. It comes in very handy in all kinds of situations.

I claim the right to carry a small (under 3inch) blade on my person at all times.

Bringing Fireworks on plane was just stupid, but most in this world are kinda stupid, so .....

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Although this guy is a complete gluebag I think it just points out if somethings going to happen there probably isn't much airport security can do about it.

Just take solace in the fact that the probability of being involved in a terrorist incident is so insignificant, it can hardly be said to exist at all.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's amazing how people manage to trust each other not to attack them while they are peeing, or something to that effect. He brought fireworks and a lighter with him, yes? He didn't set them off in the plane? High five for responsible human beings!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
durka dur, double post

[edit on 17-8-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
All this fear surrounding planes? Why? Maybe humans just weren't supposed to soar through the air in metal coffins. The whole idea of being trapped, absolutely trapped, 20000 feet above sweet, safe earth must be unsettling to most. But really, terrorism is a joke, the government orchestrates everything and kills waaaay more people than terrorism ever could hope to kill... I'm MORE SURPRISED YOU STILL OPERATE AND CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH GENOCIDAL MANIACS!!

new topics

top topics

join