It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little girl in the mirror, or reflection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've had paranormal experiences in the past. I lived in an apartment that i believed was haunted by a little boy. I was around age 10 at the time, and we would have alot of experiences that were not normal. But that belongs in a different thread.

Back to this little girl. The other day I was riding passenger in a cargo van, and I happened to glance into the side mirror. As clear as day I could see the face of a little girl, about the age of 6-10 years old, with brunette hair. It was almost as if the image was pained onto the mirror, as I could not see my own reflection through it. This image lasted for roughly 5 seconds, until I turned to look away, because I coiuldn't believe what I saw. By the time I turned my head and looked back, it was gone. I just passed it off as a reflection, even though the event had kind of spooked me a little.

Now for the details.

We were traveling, so in order for the image to stay in the mirror for as long as it did, it had to be moving along side of us.

I was on a two lane road, traffic flowing both ways, so no way for another vehicle to be along side of us for this reflection.

The next day I walked this mile section of road, and looked for any billboard, sign, or anything with this picture expecting to see this portrait of this girl somewhere along the roadside, as I tried to pass this experience off as a reflection. But there was no signs, or images anywhere.

Chances are telling me that it could have been a reflection, but it was a much clearer image than the reflections of the roadside off the window. I guess that's why it spooked me so much. And the fact that it stayed in the mirror for an extended period of time.

Has anyone else had an experience like this that they could share? Any input would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
hey there Roadie! Interesting experience you speak of. Not sure that I've got too much to add here, but I just want to point out a few things. It is probably not impossible that it could have been some sort of hallucination? I mean no offense, and I am not saying that you do, but do you ever use any sort of vision impairing or hallucination-inducing drugs? I'm just looking at it from other standpoints that are not necessarily paranormal. Another idea from a non-paranormal standpoint could be maybe a reflection of a long building on the side of the road that possibly looked like a face? Yeah, I doubt it too... I figured I'd add that anyways.

As far as a paranormal explanation? Not sure what to tell you. Mirror images/apparitions/faces seem to scare the logs out of my lumber mill, if you know what I mean. Not sure why, but that freaks me out almost the most. I assume it might be a spirit trying to play games with you? A little girl that maybe lost her life on that stretch of highway in an accident? Hmm, not sure. Really interesting though. I've never had an experience like that, but there's a video on youtube of a girl looking into a mirror and looking away, but the reflection doesn't look away. Hope that made sense. It doesn't relate TOO much to your incident but it still deals with reflections. Also, the youtube video might have been faked...Soooo It's really kind of hard to tell.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I try to avoid looking in mirrors if I feel uneasy, mainly because, if something pops up over your shoulder, the obvious point is, its right behind you, and it is mainly disturbing.

My theory is, now hear me out. If you were looking in your side mirror a lot, she might have popped up because she died in a car crash because her pearants were looking in a side mirror a lot.

But theres one thing I need to ask, when you saw this girl, did you see her face and see the road moving? I mean was she outside your car? Or was she in the back seat? Also were her eyes black?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Eeks! this is super spooky.

I would say the usual "its just your imaginiation" if it didn't remind me of a story a friend told me once.

He was driving down a stretch of road, and he saw an old woman in his back seat in his mirror. The scariest part is that it is a well known ghost story and occurance that happens on this particular stretch of road.

extra eerie.

Mirrors are very very strange and creepy things sometimes...

-Sol

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CanineGallows

The road and trees I could see moving in the background, and her face was stationary, which triggered to me that something wasn't right. She wasn't in the back seat, as it was a cargo van, and there is no backseats, just wide open. It almost was as if somebody had painted a very realistic picture of this girl on the mirror. It was that clear.

As far as it being a possible accident on the road, could be very possible. It is a fairly busy street, with a lot of parks near by.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Someone I interviewed once had a series of startling and unnerving experiences with a mirror in her bedroom. One night she was lying in bed and caught a glimpse in a mirror of what looked like a little kid sitting in the corner. Her bedroom was cavernous and the lighting was bad and the angle was weird so she thought very little of it. But then over time she had more and more experiences in which she caught a fleeting glimpse of the same little kid at odd hours of the day and night in the same mirror. There were times she'd get so panicked late at night that she'd cover the mirror with whatever was handy--a blanket, newspapers (this was back when people still read newspapers), a sweater, anything.

Spooky spooky stuff!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadie

It's very simple. That mirror was connected the the Whoniverse.

(see the "Dr Who" episode, "Family of Blood".)
I knew Heinlein was right. Fantasy is reality.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DisappearHere

Even though I used to get spooked by paranormal experiences as a child, it didn't really scare me that I saw this little girl. I've never felt a need to run away from experiences, but rather a need to look into them further. I guess as years pass, it has turned into a curiosity. These experiences come few and far between, so when something like this does happen, I look at it more as a good thing, rather than a bad thing. I don't feel a need to run and hide for cover. For some reason I wish stuff like that would happen more often, as it would give me more knowledge about what actually is giong on.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hi Roadie somthing like that happened to me afew years back my uncle had passed away who i was very close too. I hand gone in to the kitchen to get something and looked out the back door window and saw alittle boy he looked abouth 12 like that i looked back straight away and he was gone. My mam was going throught pictures afew months later and she showed me a picture and it was my uncle as a boy it was the same boy i saw in the window scary at the time put to this day cant explain why it happenend.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Roadie

If you dont mind me asking whats the other things that have happend to you

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by happydays26

When I was around I think 10 years old, maybe a little younger, we lived in an old apartment building on top of a tavern. It used to be an old cheese factory. Well about 10 years before a little boy had been decapitated in a car accident right across the street. My whole family had certain "odd things that they had witnessed. Such as seeing a black shadow fly across the room. We also heard footsteps in the attic constantly.

One time my mom was in the shower, and she knocked over the shampoo bottle, and she said instead of it tipping over all the way, it went about half way, and slowly made it's way back to an upright position. We would come home, and the dead bolted door to the basement would be wide open, while nobody entered the house all day.

We had occourances of missing keys on the counter, only to have them returned to the exact same spot the next day. We also found some of our silverware and dishes in the sandbox outside, with no explanation as to how they got there.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
That does sound kinda spooky, I have my own exp. that I will get around to share when I get time to type it out, but this is interesting.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Wow, I really wish I hadn't read this at 1 am in the morning, I think this is the scariest thing that could ever happen to me! I mean I saw the movie mirrors at 3 am in the morning while I was home alone then my kids bedroom light came on by itself!
And they (my daughters) were not even home, they had gone to a friends house for the night and then I went and shut the light off and in their mirror I saw the back of my head!
Freaked me the HELL out!!!! I was all alone in the house too, no son he was also out at a friend's overnight and their dad was out of town working in Miami!!! I didn't sleep until the sun rose that day!!!! Tell you what...then the soonest I could get a hold of a sage smudge I did and threw holy water on my girls' mirror as well!!!! That scares me more than seeing an apparition in clear view in the flesh er well you know what I mean, At least I can lie to myself and say oh it was a person not a ghost and they were just in the house and left but a reflection is soooo much creepier!!!! Weird!!!! Knowing I got weapons for a real live person makes me a lot more secure in seeing full apparitions, it used to scare me because if it's late and you have just awoken it can be thought to be a living person but now that I have weapons, I can try to put the sword through them and if it's a real person, they'll be dead then, if not, then I will know it cannot harm me because it is jsut a ghost! But in a mirror where is my defense for that?

[edit on 23-8-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadie

Is it possible to recreate the journey at the same time of day? If you can rule out a peculiar combination of circumstances leading to a pareidolia-type reflection...you'd be confirming the girl's image.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I spent some time taking instruction from much older persons who were teachers. All were well-versed in this type of experience. I was told that looking in a mirror is a powerful thing.
I have since learned that though I am a terrific clairvoyant and clairaudient, I am a lousy medium, and therefore I have had no mirror experiences.
I did see a little girl before she was born, walking down a hallway, just as normal-looking as you or I, and I know her today, she is 32.
But no luck with mirrors and such.
All I can say is you are a medium-type more than likely.
This is a valuable skill, mediums can see things we others miss, and can give valuable advice about the future !
Much love, hope you find your child's dilemma, and hope you can help yourself and others with this gift. love.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Mirrors or reflective surfaces like windows and water are things that I tend to avoid at best. I’ve always seen Them in mirrors in a variety of ways; from downright terrifying to curious and at times even amazing and beautiful. When I was a child between the age of 5-7 I decided that reflective images and mirrors are some form of portal to another place They live, as if it’s a window for both parties to gaze through. The thought this window/barrier at one point could break or weaken terrified me at that age and left me traumatized for mirrors.

The Things I saw varied from people I’ve never seen from various pasts based on their looks and clothing, Things that just look as dead as dead can be (rotten skin, hollow eyes, etc), or how they looked on their deathbeds (wounds, medical equipment, blood, clear symptoms of disease).

I grew up believing the boogey man was real, my mother being a medium (as was her mother, and her grandmother) and most likely passed it on to me as well. My experiences aren’t related to just reflective surfaces but I experienced enough of them to despise them.

My usual mirror routine is avoiding them just before and during the night and I usually race through the house if I have to pass one to get to the toilet or another room. When I have to shower and do my hair afterwards I don’t look into the mirror. I just practiced long enough to do it blindly. I’m not afraid of Them at all if I encounter them but it’s often the sudden scare and ‘WTF’ reaction I really dislike; you expect to see your own face in the mirror, not the face of someone or something else. For some reason I also don’t like to communicate through mirrors either.

I don’t know what can be done about it, as I just experience it without any explanation. When I got older I tried researching the matter with a ‘ghost hunter attitude’ and started ruling out things that could have caused the reflection. Until this day I didn’t manage to do so as I couldn’t find any valid explanation.

I even got tested for schizophrenia and other matters by shrinks to validate I didn’t suffer from hallucinations, nor do I have any mental illness that includes hallucinations as a symptom. I don’t use hallucinating drugs, and the medication I received over the years for a physical condition (which started approximately 10 years after seeing Them in mirrors) don’t make me hallucinate either expect a change in perceiving the world around me differently but it only includes real and already existing objects I know that are present in the house.

I use mirrors by daylight and use that time to experiment with it. The best thing my mother learned me was and turns out to be the most important thing; never be afraid of Them and don’t let Them mess with you in your own bloody house. I’ve gotten over that fear in terms of activity in the house not related to mirrors, but mirrors still aren’t my favorite object to be around. I just keep experimenting to one day get over it and use these events wisely instead of being a scared cat.

Don’t think it will help you much but well it’s my personal experience… Your not the only one having a trouble with mirrors at least

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If mirrors are like portals, mabye that girl was looking in from her side.
But I agree, I dislike mirrors.

new topics

top topics

join