It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Paulding Light Case: New Evidence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wow I remember seeing this on Unsolved Mysteries when I was younger. I had also seen it on another similar show but I don't remember the name of it.

I saw there they said it could be paranormal or natural. I remember one explanation having something to do with energy in the area causing the light. I am not sure on the specifics since it has been a long time since I heard about this. As soon as I saw the title something in my mind seemed familiar. It's interesting to read about it so many years later. Cool that you live near there!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I haven't seen the episode, but having family in northern wisconsin, and and co-workers from the UP of michigan, I've heard every story there is about the paulding light.

I too thought it was merely car light reflections, or something of that sort, until I personally went there to see it. It literally blew me away, and I wish i could have stayed there all night. It is on a back road to a campground, down an old railroad track bed, that is now a dirt road. Just the movements it makes, and the changes in color of light make it an opportunity that you should definately put on your top ten of things to see. Granted many people outside of the Midwest rarely travel to these parts.
It still has not been figured out, and has been reported since long before cars were around, in which it can only be explained as a phenomena.

Thank you to the tv show for bringing this phenomona back into media attention, because I believe that this deserves a lot more research.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by caucazoid69

If they did that then there would be no more mystery to draw in all the people it brings. Which means, there would be no more people stopping by local towns and buying goods and such... makes sense eh?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The " Fact or Fakes" investigation definately left alot to be desired, .... when they were out exploring something seemed off, like they werent even in the right place.

They could of just had someone at base camp, shining a lazer at the light using a mount and binoculars, .... and then sent a few people out to trace it back, ..... not that hard !!

I think this quote sums it up :

"When it started to get closer to us it would vanish and start all over again each time moving towards us faster and FASTER!"

Sounds exactly like headlights !! Also when I checked out a few video's on Youtube, ... a couple of locals posted and claim they KNOW for a fact that this light is caused by cars, there might be a small road which isn't visible on a map, ... or the highway itself, perhaps the air, or another phenomena causes the light to bend a little.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If they did that then there would be no more mystery to draw in all the people it brings. Which means, there would be no more people stopping by local towns and buying goods and such... makes sense eh?

I think you're right Inval.. they don't want to solve this one.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
i've traveled and studied the paulding lights twice now and i'm convinced it is an optical illusion of car headlights. However unlike everyone else i'm not going to claim its from the lights directly down the highway from the observation point. Having read quite a big on extra dimensions and studying their effects around skinwalker has given me some insight into how this phenomona may be possible. I do NOT think there is a paranormal explination for this, however i do think you may be looking at a 4th dimensional hypersphere or bubble. What the paulding lights are in actually are NOT a physical or electrical phenomona at all! anymore than your picture in a mirror is a solid object or your reflection in a soap bubble. what the paulding lights are and it should be provable is that they should be the reverse image/reflection of a cars headlights and taillights from another location. The location of thelights would be on the opposite side of the theoretical hypershere. If my theory is true, the image/headlights/taillights should be upsidedown and reversed. You and no one else will ever detect anything because you are actually looking at a reflection on the edge of the hypersphere rather than the true object itself I (which may be a great distance from the observer). It would be interesting to have a unqiue headlight setup on your vehicle perhaps even a light higher on top or to the left or right or even a different color to identify a test car driving around at different highways and locations in the area. man honestly the more i talk about this the more i'm interested in taking up the Ripleys Believe it or Not $100,000 reward challenge. I'm pretty confident about this and if ever proven true it would not only add some money to my pocket but also potentially point to the validity of extra dimensions.

on a side note is it legal to drive around with a bright blue led light 10 feet above your car?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
even more bizarre and quote me on this....the car headlights could be from BEHIND the observer! (rather than in front..)

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DrakeDarc

Wow thanks fo rthis. I suppose I am also suspicious regarding the regularity of the lights and the viewing point is a party spot. It is a bit too pat. they may well be car lights.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

here is an example of my theory, but imagine this as a theoretical hypersphere soap bubble rather than an actual bubble made of soap

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
very interesting thread thank you for posting

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
this is actually the thread tht got me to join ATS as a member

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I know that Fact of Faked attempted to debunk the headlight theory by closing down the smaller road adjacent to the end where the lights appear and driving their own Truck with high and low beams to no avail.

So just maybe the lights are coming from a much greater distance from the other highway as others have mentioned here ?

I found a YouTube video about some Mich. Tech engineering students who were analyzing the car headlights theory using spectrum analysis of the light frequencies but they never posted their results ?

I found this to be a bit strange somewhat implying that their headlight theory didn't exactly pan out ?

If these are indeed car headlights then the lights should correlate with the frequencies commonly used in automotive headlights.

The fact that they are white and not colored as are many other types of Ghostly/Paranormal lights does lead me to believe that they might be related to car headlights that are being distorted by the gases contained in the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
bump bump and tagging for reading later on.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have always enjoyed this story however...........There is a very similar phenomena is St Louis Canada the St louis ghost light but this was proven to be distant car headlights by a high school project by 2 teenage girls (story in the link below) So its quite probable that the paulding light are the same thing sorry

www.virtualsk.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join