It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are out there... and we need to stop trying to talk to them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Mankind must abandon earth or face extinction: Hawking

Mankind's only chance of long-term survival lies in colonizing space, as humans drain Earth of resources and face a terrifying array of new threats, warned British scientist Stephen Hawking on Monday.

Famed physicist Stephen Hawking delivered a chilling warning on a recent television special, "Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking."

To drive the point home, Hawking argued that aliens visiting Earth would likely be the same as when explorers first arrived in the New World.

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," he said.

If aliens in space ships did come to Earth, Hawking suggests, they may be more "V" than "E.T."

"Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonize whatever planets they can reach," he said, arguing that they may have taken to the stars because they depleted resources on their home world.Famed physicist Stephen Hawking delivered a chilling warning on a recent television special, "Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking."

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... l#ixzz0wb75M4yT

www.physorg.com...

Many may argue that Aliens are good. My viewpoint is quite the opposite.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i've stopped listening to this man while ago.
all he can offer is a theory and i disagree with it.
if aliens are out there then they have seen us before we started to talk to them. why haven't they attacked?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

They wont attack until the time is right. Just like they wont be seen unless they want to be seen. That's my opinion anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hawking is a strong scientist, but he's too proud to accept that we have every reason to suspect aliens are already here.

And assuming that they need our resources seems juvenile. If they can cross interstellar space, with access to countless massive planets and asteroid fields, then rest assured they do not need the minerals of a tiny rock like Earth. Unless of course... that resource is life, a rare thing which we do happen to have here. At this point we even touch on the subject of alien abductions.

Anyway there are a lot of threads on this already. But I think Hawking needs to stretch his imagination a little.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus47
I think Hawking needs to stretch his imagination a little.

Yes, because Stephen Hawking would be so much more renowned if he went around telling everyone "LOLZ GUYZ EARTH HAS ALIENS!"

Most opinions I read here seem to think should aliens make contact with Earth, they'll be warm fuzzy unicorn loving benevolent beings.

I don't know about that, I think I'm with Stephen on this one.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

won't attack until the time is right?
what are they waiting for, for us to use all our resources, kill our planet or develope better weapons?
it would be more logical to attack sooner rather than later.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus47
Hawking is a strong scientist, but he's too proud to accept that we have every reason to suspect aliens are already here.

And assuming that they need our resources seems juvenile. If they can cross interstellar space, with access to countless massive planets and asteroid fields, then rest assured they do not need the minerals of a tiny rock like Earth. Unless of course... that resource is life, a rare thing which we do happen to have here. At this point we even touch on the subject of alien abductions.

Anyway there are a lot of threads on this already. But I think Hawking needs to stretch his imagination a little.

I agree about Hawking but I do think he has one good point that they arent good. I have a weird twist on this subject but your view on life may have a lot of bearing.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
reply to post by wonderworld

won't attack until the time is right?
what are they waiting for, for us to use all our resources, kill our planet or develope better weapons?
it would be more logical to attack sooner rather than later.

I suspect it's similar to a big government disclosure. It wont be them who says the timing is right it is the ones who will want to be known. When that happens they are forced to disclose.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
Yes, because Stephen Hawking would be so much more renowned if he went around telling everyone "LOLZ GUYZ EARTH HAS ALIENS!"

Most opinions I read here seem to think should aliens make contact with Earth, they'll be warm fuzzy unicorn loving benevolent beings.

I don't know about that, I think I'm with Stephen on this one.

That's quite right actually, Hawking would lose a lot of credibility if he tried to suggest aliens were already here. That's the sad thing about "fringe science": Most scientists are too interested in their own reputation to give it any serious consideration.

And at least on my end I haven't seen too many of these "loving benevolent" alien theories that you're referring to. Most people seem to either subscribe to David Icke's horrendous science fiction concoctions (which is even worse), or they actually have a more open-minded and realistic view, which is "I don't know what they would be like."

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Steven hawkings has good reasons not to say aliens here, more then just credibility. Many would be afraid for aliens on earth, they are not ready.

There is however a deeper reason for Hawkings warning that is more sinister in background. Recently information posted on forums such as ATS containt knowledge about the human race and outer space that was not discovered by humanity. Validation of that knowledge has finally been confimed and now half the military and sciecedevisions of earth are stuck against the ceiling because of the massive implications.

Hawkings is merely ushering menkind to prepare for the worst in a way that avoids panic amongst the general public for as long as possible. Unlike Hollywood movies, the tidelwave heading to earth can not be stopped by humans.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
the reality is we already a property of "aliens" and no other aliens will come by to mess with there cattle unless there much much bigger... We won't be allowed to officially expand into space either as our pathetic nasa is being dismantled.. so space is the barbed wire that holds us in our prison planet... the reality is outright military invasion is barbaric and isn't neccesary when you can infiltrate leaders. When people know they have been taken over they fight back, when not they assume there leaders are looking out for there best...Aliens are smarter then us and if they have invaded us we would never know...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I totally admire Hawking like everybody else, but his stature does not preclude him from talking out of his buttocks, just like everybody else. Does he have any evidence why ETs would be "bad?" If not, he's just supposing like we all do, here, everyday. His intellect and knowledge in physics and other sciences do not necessarily make him more qualified to ascertain the level of benevolence of intergalactic visitors. Perhaps he's experienced them in "black labs" or via interstellar communications mechanisms, but I don't believe that's likely.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AncientShade
Steven hawkings has good reasons not to say aliens here, more then just credibility. Many would be afraid for aliens on earth, they are not ready.

There is however a deeper reason for Hawkings warning that is more sinister in background. Recently information posted on forums such as ATS containt knowledge about the human race and outer space that was not discovered by humanity. Validation of that knowledge has finally been confimed and now half the military and sciecedevisions of earth are stuck against the ceiling because of the massive implications.

Hawkings is merely ushering menkind to prepare for the worst in a way that avoids panic amongst the general public for as long as possible. Unlike Hollywood movies, the tidelwave heading to earth can not be stopped by humans.

Interesting claims but would you care to elaborate? Information on ATS, such as what?

The biggest problem with the UFO issue IMO is that it seems to be completely wrapped up in the military. Any situation where you have a group of people with all the knowledge, who can do whatever they want about it and not be held accountable, is a bad situation... but when those people are the military it's even worse. The military is designed to deal with new threats in only one way, and that is violence. Give them complete unaccountability and a blank check, and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

If there is any kind of "tidal wave" coming, I suspect that it is entirely our own fault.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientShade

Hey, AS ... would you kindly post a link to the ATS threads/posts you're referring to? Sounds pretty interesting.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
IMO we are not being visited by "Aliens" at this time. I think this is all government bunk or demonic influence. TPTB have been doing the so called "abductions", or brainwashing, whatever you want to call it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
I totally admire Hawking like everybody else, but his stature does not preclude him from talking out of his buttocks, just like everybody else. Does he have any evidence why ETs would be "bad?" If not, he's just supposing like we all do, here, everyday. His intellect and knowledge in physics and other sciences do not necessarily make him more qualified to ascertain the level of benevolence of intergalactic visitors. Perhaps he's experienced them in "black labs" or via interstellar communications mechanisms, but I don't believe that's likely.

Actually I strongly agree with you here. When I was watching one of his TV broadcasts about his perceptions of alien life, there was nothing special at all about what he was saying. Anybody could have come up with these ideas! I felt like I was watching someone trying to write their first science fiction story, struggling to imagine everything and put it all in perspective. And in fact, that's exactly what I WAS watching! Stephen Hawking is no more qualified to imagine alien life than you or me. His knowledge of astrophysics and cosmology does not make his visions of alien life any more believable than most people's.

There are some theories which hold weight because they are based on established biology. But really when it comes to alien life, we are dealing with a massive unknown, and this suddenly puts people who know so much into the awkward position of knowing very little.

Hawking is, as Soundgarden would say, "alive in the superunknown."

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I believe Hawkins is being told what to say by authorities.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientShade

What do you mean not discovered by humanity? Rather where on ATS might I find this?

[edit on 14-8-2010 by wonderworld]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by wonderworld]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunDawg
IMO we are not being visited by "Aliens" at this time. I think this is all government bunk or demonic influence. TPTB have been doing the so called "abductions", or brainwashing, whatever you want to call it.

I guess it depends on the viewpoint. I dont expect anyone to believe me on this but I do have a family member who has seen them in these so called black labs. He knows that these entities are not good. He also refuses to talk much. I dont think he fears the government but rather the beings he has seen. Here is a different take on it like you say. He and I agree they are evil but have a different opinion on what they are. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
aliens are hostile, they are not your friends, they are not your drinking buds who want to sit around slamin down cold ones. and all those who are looking for, " a new age of enlightenment" will be in for a big surprise.

if ol teddy were alive he would say, we need to be quite and get a bigger stick

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join