It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Admit To Storing Tens of Thousands of Naked Body Scanner Images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
WASHINGTON – Federal agencies have repeatedly assured worried passengers that all images generated by full body scanners in airports would be destroyed as soon as the image was viewed.

But, it turns out some law enforcement agencies are in fact saving tens of thousands of images, according to CNet.com.

The U.S. Marhsals Service has admitted that it has saved thousands of images recorded with a millimeter wave system at the security checkpoint of an Orlando courthouse.

The picturesfrom the airport are now at the court houses to identify you???
Are you frigging kidding me?????????
What do Americian people think of this crap?????
story by Tim kepthart
of CBS 4

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

People assume that their bodies are their own property. The better question to ask is..."How have we lost ownership of our own images and biometric information?" Have we been coerced into giving up those things "voluntarily"? Have we signed some contractual agreement in which the information of transfer of ownership was not disclosed?

I think we need to dig deeper into finding how we have given up our own power and authority over our own bodies. Is it really our government, or is there a 'system within the system' that is usurping power?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Pretty soon you wont get paid without a biometric scan to prove who you are..

With retna scans, DNA and fingerprints already, this boby scan is just another Big Brother step...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
I think we need to dig deeper into finding how we have given up our own power and authority over our own bodies. Is it really our government, or is there a 'system within the system' that is usurping power?

is it just me or do I see a major
lawsuit getting ready to happen ???

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If I am reading it correctly the scans weren't taken to the courthouse, they were taken at the courthouse.

I'm sure the rationale is that they'd have to store images for some period of time to be able to access them as evidence should anything happen. Not that I agree with any of it, in principle, at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Alethea

is it just me or do I see a major
lawsuit getting ready to happen ???

A lawsuit? LOL. With evidence of so much corruption to be found in that venue??? What good is a lawsuit?

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Alethea]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

It will be the usual crap,we need these records for every one to be safe.Law suits wont do anything mate. I have had judges tell me that they are geting sick of ruling on these stupid laws coming up every where.
Like fair enough if a terrorist is caught with equipment for terrorist attacks hold that info on him,but not every man ,women and child!!!!
AND NOT FOR BREAKING ASPEED LIMIT OR BEING INNOCENT TRAVELLING THROUGH A AIRPORT!!!
i belive this stuff is prototype for picking one body out of thousands!!!
LIKE SCANNING THE CROWD AT A FOOTBALL GAME AND FINDING YOUR MAN IN SECONDS!!!
THERE ARE NO AMERICIAN BORN TERRORISTS
JUST FREEDOM FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I'm sure the rationale is that they'd have to store images for some period of time to be able to access them as evidence should anything happen. Not that I agree with any of it, in principle, at all.

Surely they have CTV footage for that, unless breast and penis size is important in detecting a suspect that excuse doesn't fly.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Does the tought of dick always make you that happy?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Playing devils advocate for a moment...

Assume that somebody designs a bomb or gun that the scanners miss and they get inside and use it. It would then be desirable to be able to go back to that persons scan to see if there might be some sort of overlooked, tell-tale sign of the weapon for future reference.

But, again, I'm not a fan of the body scanning in the first place.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

Surely this is a violation of the data protection laws?? What will they do with them? This is crazy

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Duplicate Here

Also

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join