It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lens Artifacts or Spectacular UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Not sure on this one, looks like it could be lens artifacts, but don't know. Worth a look though:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
looks like a hologram or sorts, maybe a part of project blue beam?

It could be a star, causing strange effects on the camera... idk it is curious!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Unique to say the least, but it looks like a light source viewed from a wet window. I hope that makes sense, but it looks like a street light during a rainstorm or something.

Could it be Aurora lights? Where was this vid taken?

Edit to add: Some of the comments by the camera operator make me skeptical on this. He is too calm and states a few time that "He doesn't know what that could be". Hell, it could be a laser pointer on a window.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by sheepslayer247]

[edit on 13-8-2010 by sheepslayer247]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Neat. It looks like a blob of water doing the electric boogaloo. It certainly does look like rain distorting a light source but it is quite beautiful as the video's title states.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Seleras]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I believe this little baby is what's commonly known as "Venus." You might recognize it in the evening sky. The trippy quality is a combination of an out of focus lens and refraction of colors through the atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I believe this little baby is what's commonly known as "Venus." You might recognize it in the evening sky. The trippy quality is a combination of an out of focus lens and refraction of colors through the atmosphere.

Right on. If you stop the video when it is in relative focus, you can see that it is a planet with a terminator.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Actually, due to the scintillating colors I would vote for a star.

And what was visible low in the southern sky from Berlin on the night of March 9th ?
Only the brightest star in the sky, Sirius.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by eaglewingz]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Actually, due to the scintillating colors I would vote for a star.

And what was visible low in the southern sky from Berlin on the night of March 9th ? Only the brightest star in the sky, Sirius.

That sounds about right. Well, I guess that clears it up. No need to continue this thread for another 10 pages.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The camera does focus on the object, and it most definitely is not a star...

I have seen lots of stars that can shimmer and twinkle in different colors, but if you zoom in on this video you can see certain symbol like things and they repeat many times, it is not all random to me..

It looks like some sort of communication to me.. definitely strange..

If this was a twinkling star effect people would have recorded this type of thing before and it would be well known...

I have never seen anything remotely like this in close to 50 years...

The people saying this is a star or planet, go ahead and try and duplicate this effect...

might be advanced holography of some sort...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by alienreality]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

If this was a twinkling star effect people would have recorded this type of thing before and it would be well known...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by alienreality]

They have....and it is.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TrueAmerican.....

Ummmmm.......

Errrr......

Star!

Next please.....

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have been watching a star like this for a few days, it is really interesting. It twinkles a lot more than any star I have ever seen, and I looked at it through some binoculars and saw that it was refracting light just like a prism, purple through to red, left to right. If anyone is interested in checking it out, it is by orion, it is east south east of the farthest left star in the belt. It is quite bright so it's not a problem finding it.
edit on 2/10/2011 by sk8erchick because: edit to add

edit on 2/10/2011 by sk8erchick because: stupid edit didn't stick

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Definatly Venus. I've taken video of Venus that came up almost exactly like that.

This house....is cleeean.

new topics

top topics

join