It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God - 17,000,000 Man - 0 "The Score" (caution bible references)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Since the dawn of mankind, (according to the bible), we have miserably failed in every effort to supercede God's all knowing mind, and power....

Over the years we have tried to know his secrets..."Fail"

We have tried to unite mankind...."Fail"

We have even tried to prove the existence of someone else out there..."Fail"

Yet, without one shred of proof, we are also unable to show "God" exists..."Fail"

So, with "Faith", some believe in God, some believe in E.T.s, and others believe in the possibility of uniting mankind, as for the secrets part, well we are obviously "Above" that, here on this site....

Still, in the overall game, I do IMHO believe the score is decidely in "God's" favor, when it comes to how far we have come in all these years, whether you are in the 10,000,000,000 year camp, or the 6,900 year camp, we remain with our old concerns which never change, food, clothing, shelter, freedom, and of course.... "Death"

The last of which, IMHO nullifys any score, for that is something we must all face...

So live laugh, drink, eat and be merry, for as that great book of the aforesaid bible tells us.... "All Is Vanity"

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
God - 17,000,000 Man - 0 ??

I hope that's not one point per goal or we're screwed!

Oh, almost forget...To date, life itself is a terminal illness, and we haven't found the cure. But don't count us out yet...medical science is poised to make leaps
and BOUNDS in the next century. Even going so far as to isolate the timing
mechanism within our cells that cause them to degrade...the game ain't over
till the fat lady sings. (no disrespect to fat ladies intended)

*no animals were harmed during the making of this post

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why would you want to live in this place forever. I'd prefer dying and either not existing or going to some place better than here.

new topics

join