It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Check out the GCP!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
noosphere.princeton.edu...

The GCP Dot graphs now looks like a thick block from top to bottom. I have never seen it like this, even at it's most coherence. What could this mean? Usually when this happens you can actually see the spaces between the peaks and bottoms, but it is flat out just thick with no gaps.

Anyone got any comments?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The dot is bizarre...must keep an eye on it. I've never seen it do that either.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It looks like there was normal variance and then it just hit a wall!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
From the site:

Missing Dot:

There is an ongoing problem with the calculations that power the GCP Dot. Its creator, Brad Anderson, is working on it, but for the time being, it presents an inaccurate representation of the coherence in the GCP network. We'll bring the Dot back as soon as possible.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Gamma MO]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Missing Dot
There is an ongoing problem with the calculations that power the GCP Dot. Its creator, Brad Anderson, is working on it, but for the time being, it presents an inaccurate representation of the coherence in the GCP network. We'll bring the Dot back as soon as possible.

Why is the dot missing?

I went to the site and there was no dot, just the link to the page I referenced here.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Missing Dot

Why is the dot missing?

I went to the site and there was no dot, just the link to the page I referenced here.

I think that is for the front page also sometimes there is no dot but the graph still moves normally.

There is definitely a dot there. It seems to be working fine.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There is a dot it is just strongly in the red. I believe that is the "Emotional" end? I turned on the news just in case, but I am guessing any news that is causing that state of mind , we will read about here first!

That is pretty crazy though. I wonder if something is going on in the me we haven't heard about yet?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It must be moving from blue to red so fast that it is leaving no visible gap between the peaks and valleys, making that thick band.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It is really bouncing around a lot. It is indeed curious. it just went from extreme red to top white to extreme blue bottom white,,, hmmm

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hey all!

The link isn't working for me at the moment! crappy notebook! Any how could someone please educate me:

Whats GCP?

peace.

ALS

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Poor Australia lol. Where are their dots?!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Looks like its still going steady.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Whats GCP?
ALS

I haven't heard of this before, but I'm pretty sure they're referring to the Global Consciousness Project..

I don't really understand it myself, so I can't give much of an opinion on it. If what I'm reading is correct, they are saying that strong human emotion or focused intent on a global scale could have a physical effect on such things as random number generators.

If this is indeed what they are saying, a prime example might be the New York lottery, which had the winning numbers of 911 on 9/11.

I'd appreciate it if someone would point out whether I'm wrong or not on my assessment.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

I think I get it.

It seems to me that its some sort of global experiment to determine if Human emotions exert some sort of physical effect on the outcome of certain events or future events.

Is that right?

Peace.
ALS

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
That was my take on it, but I could be wrong. If that is indeed what this is measuring, and it ends up having some merit to it, it could change how we view randomness in the universe.

top topics

join