It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you like dancing post here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
People dance when in a crowd when they may normally never dance by themselves.

What is the purpose of dancing?

Is it alien mind control?

Is it our inner reptile wanting loose?

Is it the Nth dimensional faeries taunting us?

What are your thoughts as to why we enjoy dancing - or what are your thoughts are to why some do not?

As always - any and all assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I love all types of dancing, I even dance by myself if i'm in the mood.

However, sometimes when I am in a nightclub, I just look around and think, if an alien came down and saw a bunch of people choosing to get intoxicated and dance around in a sweat box to tinny music they must think how weird humans are. I don't get it myself sometimes, yet I still take part.

I think though its more to do with the expression of energy - like how people like singing or painting

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by quantumgirl11

Dancing is great isn't it/

We do it for no real reason yet we get such fulfilment from it.

I too sometimes wonder what it is we are all doing when we're dancing - but it seems to be a part of our nature as we've done it the world over through many cultures.

It'd be cool to see if someone has some 'inner workings' of why we do it and what it's all about.

Still - boogie like a noobie whilst you can

-m0r

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by quantumgirl11

I've always thought that ET would enjoy a good dance party. I think its just an extension of some other arts that people have taken up, similar to yoga or martial arts.

Hey and some of those light shows are just as crazy as theirs
Could it be we are just putting all those good vibrations to use?

Its crazy that when I go to these big dance music shows theres always at least 5 or 6 people I talk to that say "I didn't do any drugs and its crazy how much I can feel the good vibes

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

Hey Kyle, whilst that is funky as fruek (And utilising an Average White Band riff) this as to be the bomb:

At least for aliens

-m0r

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I love dancing, well, I call it dancing, but I'm not the one to judge if that's what i'm actually doing
It's a great form of energy release, it makes you feel lifted, it gets you in contact with yourself and others. It's a fun way to spend a few hours or so (sometimes marathon 12 hour moshes are needed)

I love making people laugh at my dancing. many mooons ago, when I was going to raves much more, I'd "enlist" a load of helpers to dance with/for me. I'd start it off by doing random trade related things. (pretending to pull wires to the music, or lay bricks) Someone would always come over and ask what i was doing, and before they knew it, they were "helping" me build houses and sheds (all pretend, and all to the music). Once we built a large bridge, but we didn't get time to paint it. Which was a shame, cos it was going to look fantastic. You can imagine the bouncers face when they asked us to leave, but we said we couldn't as we still had to paint the bridge.

Pretend horse racing is another good one, but it can get you in trouble if you try to jump a fence (which was a big bloke doing his shoe laces up, who eventually saw the "funny side" )

*does a little jig*

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I remember once having a pretend tennis match on the dance floor and of course the old digging the ditch goes down well. When ever this track came on n a club my mate would pretend to be a cow and start mooing. twas a long time ago now

cant handle the 12 hour moshes any more. I try and keep things a little more restrained nowadays the dancing included

[edit on 11-8-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

top topics

join