It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratellites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is kinda cool. These things look crazy and I'm sure at their sheer size (up to 300 ft and beyond) & altitude (70k ft.+) could EASILY be misread as UFOs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Google

hell just Google "Stratellites"

Just look at the way they are designed and ask yourself....hmmmmmmmm a lot of these night time airliner reports at high altitudes, etc etc.

pretty cool stuff......this of course segues into the military's "always advanced beyond civilian' technology and the big black triangles and 'spheres of light" spectacles.

Keep in mind anything seen would of course be in testing stage of development....but who knows?

anyway thought it was worth a post.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by jeddun]

[Mod Edit: Fixed Google link]

[edit on 2010/8/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That is fascinating. How long can these things stay up? They must be pretty advanced or cheaply priced if they can use a large amount of fuel for such a long time.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The second article I clicked when I googled had this at the bottom

Tethered flights of a prototype Stratellite 125 feet in length are scheduled for late August of 2006 in the Mojave Desert north of Los Angeles

So I guess it could explain a few sightings if any occurred around that date and time

Ohh and to answer the above question, from the same article
a Stratellite would be able to carry up to a 5000-lb. payload at 8,000 feet for 10-16 hours of continuous operation.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Ya apparently these things can stay aloft INDEFINITELY guys...solar powered and require little or no propulsion....hell the jet stream alone up there is quick. Would explain a lot to me...sightings wise. And especially at those altitudes.

Now say to yourself...hmnn what the hell does the military have up there??????

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Judging by my sightings...these are not spherical and they are much higher than what I have. So I am ruling out stratellites.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The first company I saw do these was 21st century airships.

www.21stcenturyairships.com...

They were going to setup a global Telecom grid with them, but
they have run into delays.

One company is taking this idea and is aiming it toward air travel
that requires no fuel, as far fetched as that sounds.

But his concept works in the theory he has outlined.

Be an amazing thing for saving fuel and less pollution.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
According to wikipedia

The unmanned Stratellite would be powered by solar cells and propelled by electric motors.

* Maximum duration aloft: 18 months

General characteristics

* Length: 245 ft in (75 m)
* Width: 145 ft in (44 m)
* Height: 87 ft in (26.5 m)
* Volume: 1.3 million ft³ (37,000 m³)

Performance

* Service ceiling: 70,000 ft (21,000 m)
* Dual envelopes, made of Dyneema (sometimes called Spectra)
* Navigation: 6 onboard GPS units connected to the ship's engines
* Payload capacity: 3,000 lb (1,400 kg)
* Cruising altitude: 65,000 ft (20,000 m)
* Lifting gas: Helium and Nitrogen
* Line-of-sight: 300,000 mile² (777,000 km²)
* Maximum duration aloft: 18 months

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Its already in the US

Sanswire’s STS-111 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Arrives in US

There are some information about stratellites uses in "Homeland security"

Sanswire Corporation

Sanswire Corporation is focused on the construction of airship platforms capable of carrying payloads that transmit various types of wireless communications and security solutions.

Statement from CEO Jonathon Leinwand:

"We seek to build and run a UAV business that includes low-, mid- and high-altitude, lighter-than-air vehicles; adding value to their security, surveillance and broadcasting abilities through the integration of various wireless technologies with a wide array of customer payloads."

Governments around the globe are increasingly concerned about national security and emergency management issues ranging from border and port security to rapid emergency detection, response and communication during time critical situations.

Homeland Security
Intelligence & Surveillance Capabilities
Dispersed and Localized Release of Radiological Agents
Airborne Surveillance and Radiological Survey

VISIT SANSWIRE WEBSITE - Really Interresting Reading

[edit on 10/8/2010 by B3lz3buth]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ya, the fact that this technology is just now 'emerging' upon the civilian market lends itself to the known fact that the military is far advanced in it's development of new operational craft, not unlike this 'type of technology', we've all seen this time and again with the Blackbird, the stealth bomber and fighter etc etc. Makes sense to me that, using that logic, the military is using some pretty out there stuff. My bet would be that the black triangles are in fact 'ours' as they display aeronautical maneuvers at least within the confines of what i deem 'possible'. And the 'balls of light' in my opinion, would be an unmanned probe of some kind also developed by people. Am still not sold on alien activity in any way as we have even less proof than we did during the Eisenhower administration.

There is documented interest from the military of solving the transportation issues with something of this nature....even from the mid 70's. Giant airships that can move large amounts of material from a low orbit.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by jeddun]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

I am constantly amazed (well, saddened, really) at the dearth of aviation knowledge displayed, sometimes.

Just look at the way they are designed and ask yourself....hmmmmmmmm a lot of these night time airliner reports at high altitudes, etc etc.

Yes..please DO look at the way they are designed --- and hopefully you'll realize that mistaking one for an airliner is ridiculous!!

Hint: Take a look at the difference in airspeed capabilities, for a start....

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

nooooo. thats not what i meant. i meant that the airline pilots may see these and confuse them with aliens. How is it you misread that?

Like when an airline pilot reports 'something strange' at a high altitude.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by jeddun]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Google these and just look at some of the designs they have.....the LARGE blue globe that looks a bit lit internally...or the super massive whale looking designs...these could all be mistaken for something strange.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

Oh...yes, I see...I did mis-read it, the way it was phrased...."nighttime airliner reports" made me think they were 'reports' made by people on the ground OF airliners, not your intent, pilots' sightings...

Well....again, pilots are not easily fooled, and know a blimp or airship when they see one, even IF it's of advanced and formerly not public design.

You said "nighttime", so the thing would have to be lit (or flying during a very bright moon phase).

ALSO, if it was "secret" it wouldn't be anywhere near normal Jet Airways....i.e. civilian airspace...and anything in civilian airspace ABOVE FL180 (18,000 feet) in the U.S. must be under positive control, with ATC, AND have an operating transponder.

SO...the things, if tested at night, would be in military operations areas, or restricted areas (MOAs, and R-airspace). Could get exemptions from the transponder requirement, but again, ATC is civilian If FAA) so you don't have any military 'secrecy' containment protocols.....

And also, public 'tests', if near civial aviation areas, would be NOTAM'd...there a great deal of regulations that cover such things.

Like I said, the general public is mostly unawares.....it is difficult to explailn to laypeople, in this sort of format, unless they have a great deal of experience in the fields of expertise.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh it's fine...honest mistake. Yes, i dunno, everything you wrote sounds spot on...but again one never knows exactly what the military's are actually up to at any given time...the way they compartmentalize every damn area of their command. But after seeing these online i couldn't help but ponder that at least some of the sightings, high altitude sightings, could be these stratellites. And i am thoroughly convinced that ALL triangle sightings are indeed ours, by ours i mean man-made, constructed right here on terra-firma. I believe them to be super light dirigibles. Probably helium gas filled honeycombs in architecture. Wrapped with the same skin, or similar, as the stealth planes. The cloaking device is not unlike what has been and is now being designed, tested and seen in magazines, of the invisible jacket variety(i think from MIT)..only punched up military style. The use of camera and projection on the very smooth undercarriage of the triangles fuselage would lend itself to a chameleon effect when passing overhead in nightime arenas...harder to pick out but not impossible judging by reports i have read here www.nuforc.org... (select triangle sightings and read on). I think we have the tech to achieve this trick of the eye right now and i think the military jumped on it right away years back and has almost perfected it...as we now NEVER get reports of the triangles exhibiting the static blue energy discharge on its surfaces...think we tossed out the old and ushered in the new tech.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If only I had a nickle for every dollar I lost on Sanswire........

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Teabags

lol

new topics

top topics

join