It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa forgets to smudge out an anomaly on the Moon

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Being the OP and also reading through the entire thread I can say that the gif that Phage posted DOES look like dust on the lens or in the camera. I can also say that the images I posted look nothing like that! Simply saying it is dust does not make it dust. Just because NASA say it is dust does not make it dust.

That image clearly shows something on the surface of the moon that is casting a shadow. The object also has depth to it which it would not if it was a piece of dust on the lens or inside the camera!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
That image clearly shows something on the surface of the moon that is casting a shadow. The object also has depth to it which it would not if it was a piece of dust on the lens or inside the camera!

You have demonstrated nothing of the sort; the shape of the "object" does not change regardless of lighting conditions, nor does its position change within the frame. It's clearly a piece of dust.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

But can you please explain why the "object" some are calling dust shows up in the same in-frame location on probably* over 2000 images taken with that camera?

How is it possible that a "thing on the Moon" just happened to be in the exact same part of the frame in all of those images? Please explain.

*...by the the way, I say "probably" because I didn't look at all 2000+ images, but rather a sampling of a few dozen images ranging over ALL of the images...
And, YES -- I saw the dust spec on ALL of those sampled images. I think it's safe to say that it appears on all 2000 images.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Its called centering an image and any 10 year old with 3 hours of photoshop time could do it!

As to the other images i can not say, but i will repeat if this artefact was on every frame then all the other frames around the one i took screen shots of, would also have the artefact in them, which they do not.

Why did they use one frame with the artefact but none of the other ones, if indeed every frame had the same artefact in them when originally used?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Could you please use the original images scanned in by Arizona State University rather than taking screen shots?

I don't know exactly what screen shots you are taking, but the original scanned images certainly have that "spot" in all of them...
...in the same orientation and in the same frame location, and the same size, no matter how far the command module/camera was from the Moon. Can you please explain that?

[edit on 8/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Little off topic but relative to the area in discussion. At maximum zoom there is what appears to be a crossroads at this location 27°37'13.60"N 27° 5'8.79"W any ideas what that is from?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
To PHAGE and other reasonable people:

might as well just give up. When your interlocutor refuses to consider a fairly plain and logical argument, in this case about a pretty obvious case of dust on the lens, what's the point... The Bible instructs us to be careful where we toss out pearls. Just this once, I'll listen to the Bible
Enough is enough.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by What..was that!

It is a grid mark etched onto the reseau plate of the camera.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5aebfc6a8e17.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 8/16/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

yeah, you sound correct, but, its totally relative to the place where the light is standing, i mean, in your picture, where is the light focus? and in the moon picture, where does the light comes? totally different places..

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If there had been only one pic I'd have written it off immediately as a stray asteroid about to smash the surface... but because there are I'm going to have to assume it's an optical illusion. If there was an alien strolling around on the moon, I think he'd have to first have a reason other than just taking in the view, and second would need to be a lot smaller than that. Cause it appears that the scale of the image makes him a titan of insane proportions.

Anyways Phage got it, it seems. Funny stuff though!
edit on 5-11-2010 by RapturedNotBeamed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The bottom line is hat in the past two years alot of ideas and comments are comming forth, the truth of things is
surfacing rapidly. We all know something is not honest in the way the information about space exploration is being shared and discussed in society openly. I don't think it will be long now before something reallly major happens with the ET subject. Just think about all the multitude of sightings recently. The inside of the moon would be a perfect base for them.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Here's the way I see it: I believe in the bible, and so I'm looking at things from its perspective. In the end times we see a couple of big things.. The antichrist rising to power to lead a one world government, a one world currency, and a one world religion. These things all seem to come together very quickly, and we are already approaching the global currency quite rapidly, with the OWG and OWR close on its heels. The bible tells us that the christians will get raptured, wherein the blink of an eye all people who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior will immediately be removed from the earth.

Can you imagine a world after millions of people vanish into thin air? All of a sudden these people aren't here to pay taxes, pay debt, or work at their jobs. You're looking at what is likely to be the final nail in the coffin of our global economy situation. If it happens like this, the world would be in turmoil and seemingly with no way out.

All this happens prior to the antichrist coming onto the scene, and when the AC does get here (soon after the rapture, we're told), he will tell a 'great lie' that will deceive the nations. Now... If you were Satan and wanted to take control of the world after the rapture, how would you do it? One fairly obvious way would be to be the guy with all the answers after all heck breaks loose. So, what cover story would the people of earth accept the most willingly? We're told that over half of the population of the US believe that alien life does or could exist. Over half. Iirc I think the statistic is bigger than that, you can look it up yourself. Anyway, this number likely does not include many christians, who again will not be here anymore. You've got a world looking for answers, and you've got them scrounging for evidence that alien life exists. Look at the way we here at ATS jump on the latest 'proof' of alien life. So, all you've got to do is release documents that talk about it (not hard to believe they exist, we've already seen lots of breadcrumbs leaked out) and wham you've deceived the nations.

Politics are corrupt. You've no more than to follow the news for a week to find evidence of that. Where does the corruption stem from? Well, we christians believe from Satan. And if you've got one corrupt source that is the driving force behind this tidal wave of events, it will be all too easy. Not to mention that the Holy Spirit will no longer be holding things back. When we read the book of revelations, it seems like it can't possibly be taken literally. But what if it can be? I think things are going to start getting very weird after the rapture. Bring a clean pair of underwear.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

As soon as you see Google Earth then select Moon mentioned you know exactly what you will see some pixelated BS photo and a theory to match

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

DOME HOMES ON THE MOON?

Possible dome dwellings with black visor bubble windows and dormers are visible near the north and south poles of the moon. Charming architecture, potential communities distressingly close to LCROSS impact site. Mysterious wire and black diamond shape objects appear on two roofs.

The coordinate (Google Earth/Moon used) for a possible two story structure with bubble dormers is 80 01 12 S, 15 21 35 E. Contrast adjustment reveals square interior openings behind the tinted windows.

DEFEAT CENSORSHIP of aerial and space images! Let's work together to find the truth hidden from us. If images not saturation white or blackout, it may be possible to subtract a monochrome censorship mask color from concealed area pixels to recover the hidden secret! Varying contrast rapidly aids decryption.

Image gallery at AncientFuture.info website. ancientfuture.info...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

it's a smudge itself...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sover3igN

CHECK OUT THE GORGEOUS, HI-RES MOON IMAGES

at the Lunar and Planetary Institute. You can even see the film sprockets! Hallelujah! Data
from the source!

Here is another place to check for the robot/dust grain site we've been discussing.

But what are those weird amoeba and pod things? Space aliens? Scan artifact?
Film processing chemical splash? They tend to occur in a line, but have a lot of intriguing complexity.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Low altitude Lunar Orbiter image gallery directory is here

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by keyseeker

The blobs are the result of the automated film development which was done onboard the spacecraft.

The photographs are spectacular but you should be aware of the process used to obtain them.
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey genius, why is that piece of "dust" casting a shadow on the moon's surface?

I'm not saying it is a robot, it would have to be a HUGE freaking robot, but it is more than dust caught on the lens.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I know every one of these topics has been whipped like a dead horse... but I am trying to figure out why people would think that a secret as damning as covering up knowledge of aliens would not be treated with more care.

It is a strange hybridization of beliefs - both that the government has a unified and homogeneous objective to conceal contact/knowledge of aliens, yet it would be so incompetent as to release pictures to the public that may reveal that secret.

If it were such a big secret to be kept - do you not think these photos would be given a much more thorough screening before being released?

That is why, honestly, I wouldn't look to NASA photos for evidence of aliens or secret bases on Mars, or whatever. Sure - there may be some interesting things on them - but -if- they ever found anything truly interesting and there were a cover-up.... it would be covered up, and it would be covered up well.

But it seems NASA is doomed to being considered a bag full of lies by many here on ATS. You could launch them into space, themselves, and they would still insist the whole thing was a cover-up.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join