It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brief glimpse of heaven through my Grandmothers eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The passing of my Grandmother opened my eyes to see there is a heaven. Ok I have always known and believed in ghosts and spirits but in the back of my mind I always wondered if heaven really did exist.

My Grandmother was a small built lady but one made from iron, she was strong and had the biggest heart I had ever known. She loved all of her children and Grandchildren very much, we was all very close. Well I do not want to go into telling much about her life because that is unfair to her and other members of my family. The point I want to make is that she became a legend to me just like my Grandad is now a legend. They both along with my trainer Terry drive me from there place in heaven to become a fearless fighter for I know if the worse happened and I passed away in the ring, cage or street I know I will rise up and be with those three people. You probably ask yourself why am I so sure of heaven?

Well, my Grandmother fell ill with cancer in 2003,

I went to visit her in hospital with my family, when I walked onto her ward and see her laying there I could hardly recognise her. My heart sank so low and I felt a deep emotional sadness inside, as I knew this would be the very last time I would see her. She had no energy, and had to be fed by my mum or one of my aunts. The doctor said that she only had 1 more night left at the most.

I left after saying goodbye and kissing her on the cheek. I felt really sad knowing that was it. I would never see her again after this. The next morning my mum returned to the hospital (my mum and aunts took turns in staying over night at the hospital). My Dad took me and my brother and sister to the hospital later that evening and as we entered the hospital I had this overwhelming feeling that something was different.

We entered the ward, and I could hear laughing. We came up to my Grandmother’s bed to find her sitting up in her bed laughing and joking with my mum and my aunts. I was in a strange kind of shock but did my best to hide the shock. I was in disbelief to see her with energy, and singing when just one night before she was lying on the bed almost lifeless.

When my family and me got home that night my mum told me that, that afternoon my Grandmother told my mum that she had a dream. She dreamed she was walking down this pathway, the birds were singing and there were many of her favourite flowers. She explained that she walked along the path and it led to the clouds and a tunnel. She could hear voices near the end of the tunnel and as she got closer a voice told her ‘no you must go back, it is not your time just yet’. She then said that’s when she woke up and felt a craving for some tomato juice.

That week she seemed to have so much energy, she would walk on her own to the bathroom. Eat and drink all of her favourite things, and sing. She would tell me about a dream she had. She see green lights and everybody was having a party but she was not invited so had to leave.

She seemed to be like her old self again, she even looked like how she did before she got ill. This was all just to fool us because in reality her kidneys were failing. A few things happened and my aunt took her home. She lived her last 3 days which was on a weekend at her home in her bedroom.

On the day they took her home, I had these strange visions. Thinking I would see my Grandad (the one who passed away when I was young) out the corner of my eye. I would look again but nothing or noone would be there.

It was now Monday 17th October, I was helping my Dad on one of his jobs. We was outside, I was cutting steel but stopped every now and then to look up at the sky. It was a beautiful day. Sunny, blue skies but quite a few clouds too. It seemed very calm. I had this feeling that today was the day my Grandmother would go. I had this strange feeling come over me later that morning around 10am. I went to the bathroom and as I was washing my hands I heard my Grandmothers voice in my head. She said ‘You are all good children and I love you all very much’. I thought this was odd and my heart began to race as I walked back to the steel. I then noticed my Dad on his phone, he nodded at me and my heart sank. She had passed away.

After things were sorted, my mum came home and she told me a few things that made me think about life in a different way. She told me that my Grandmother was lying in bed asleep motionless. She then opened one eye and looked all across the room at all my aunts and my uncle then closed her eyes. She then woke up and said to my mum that she felt bad. She felt dizzy as if she was flying. She fell asleep again, only to wake up slightly look around the room at everyone and then look to the left side to the window and say ‘John is that you?’ the light flickered in the room, she closed her eyes quickly and stopped breathing. John is the name of my Grandad who passed away when I was a child.

This leads me to believe that when she was lying on the hospital bed, God gave her a second dose of energy so she could see every member of her family and say goodbye. Then on the day she was meant to pass on, God sent my Grandad to meet her and take her to the other side.

Since the passing of my Grandmother, I have had some strange dreams. One of them dreams was of me sitting in my Grandmothers house in her favourite armchair but it was not her chair, the chair was the one in my house. As I sat in this chair I looked down into her cabinet and noticed 3 tins and on top of the tins was a photo. I woke up and told my mum about this dream and we thought nothing of it. Until later, my mum was looking for her sewing kit as she needed to sew something. She could not find her sewing kit. (she kept the kit in an old sweet tin that my grandparents gave to her). She looked everywhere for the tin, then she looked underneath her bed and found 3 tins and on top of the tin was a photo. The photo had me, my parents, my brother and sister and also my Grandmother. It was a photo that my Grandmother used to talk about many times, especially before she passed away.

I have had many dreams that involved my Grandmother, and they came true. I have also had many supernatural experiences that I also believe involves her..

Just to add... my belief in God is slightly different to what most believe in, and I am not a christian or Catholic.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What a great story! Thank you for sharing it. I do not believe in God the way most Christians do either. The same goes for Heaven, but I most surely believe in an afterlife.

I firmly believe my Grandfather came to me in a dream several years after his death. It was during a time of great trouble for me as far as me questioning what kind of person I was because of something I had done. Anyway, I dream about him a lot but this dream was completely different. It was vivid and felt real. My sister and I went to his house and when he opened the door I expected to see him like he was toward the end which was somewhat sickly. Instead he looked so much more vibrant and even though he was still aged, his skin was glowing and his eyes were bright. This is much different than what he was like in his last years. I remember I just started crying in my dream because I realized that he was supposed to be dead but here he was in my dream. I never had the realization that I was dreaming, only that he was supposed to be dead. What is funny is that, just like in your dream, me and my sister cuddled up with him in his favorite armchair and I remember just crying and crying because I was so happy to have another moment with him and he did nothing but comfort me but still had a smile of joy on his face. It was like he was equally happy to have another moment with us.

When I woke from this dream I just cried and cried and cried in the middle of the night out of happiness and sorrow at the same time. I still dream of him but never anything like that. Sometimes I am overcome with thought of him and my grandma and I can't help but wonder if they are near me at that moment just 'checking in'. I don't know if it is true, but I still wonder.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Your story is a great story too! I wonder if you ever pick up any bright coloured orbs in your family photos? Whenever their is a family get together in my family and we take photos we get orbs appear near us.

Its all amazing and mind blowing at the same time, I just know now that I have no fear of when my time comes to leave this life.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Thanks for sharing your story. I too had a similar experience with one of my grandmothers. I "felt" it when she left us even though I was home in bed, asleep. It woke me up.

I lost both of my wonderful grandmothers a little over a year ago. I love knowing they are both watching down over the family they raised.

God Bless!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Thanks 1curious1, i know when you
lose someone you love is tragic but i
find that when there is a dream or message
from them it gives a magical feeling.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Another experience I had was a couple of days after my grandmother had passed away.
I woke up and went to the kitchen and my mum came out too and she went to switch the kettle on and there was this weird black feather right infront of the kettle! the kettle was located about 2 feet from the kitchen window and the window had been closed all night and day.

Unexplainable, a coincidence? or a message?? Iv no idea.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Be interesting to read other peoples stories too... if anyone else would like to post it...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thank you, Joe. With all the bs you read on ATS, it is very moving to actually read something with some meaning that helps us remember that love and continuity of life are real! I almost have tears in my eyes, and I'm not one who cries. Naysayers will tell us it was only the electrical discharge of the brain, or lack of oxygen in the brain that caused this, but we know differently, don't we? You have my immediate respect, my friend, and I feel very close to you for reasons I do not truly understand. Great strength is sometimes very gentle, in reality, you know?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by deadred

Hey thanks for reading... could you explain in what way you feel close to me? do you mean by my experience or the way I think? and your right about some of the threads on here, especially the ones promising disclosure about something arrrgh!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

What a beautiful story... i am absolutely sure that your Grandmother is in heaven.

I consider myself a man’s man... Big tough guy... but i am not ashamed to say that i had to fight off the odd tear while reading your story.

I am so sorry that the Grandmother is no longer with us... the world is definitely worse for her absence. However, it is nice to take comfort from the fact that she is in a better place and that one day we will all rejoin our loved ones.

I had a strange experience when my father passed away... I think i was 16 or 17 at the time and my father had been ill for over 5 years.

I got up that morning and as usual helped my mother carry my father down stairs to the living room.

We didn’t have a stair lift and we refused to leave my father in his bedroom all day... i gave my father his breakfast before getting myself ready for college... Grabbed my bag and my lunch from the kitchen and was about to leave the house... opened the front door and stopped... Don’t know why... but i just couldn’t leave the house, something felt wrong.

I went back into the living room and my mum, dad and Nan were watching TV. My Nan looked at me and said "you’re gonna be late for college if you don’t get a move on"

I just put my bag down and said "i'm not going college today nan, gonna stay home with you guys"

My mum and nan just looked at me and, a little surprised, but didn’t argue.

Later that afternoon my father stopped breathing... i revived him and we called an ambulance... Before the ambulance got there i had to revive him again... When we got to the hospital he stopped breathing again... the doctor who was there said it was his time... but i had to give it a go... i didn’t want to give up on him. I remember the doctor just touching my arm and saying " its ok to let him go"

Now at 17 i was a bit of a terror... and any stranger who tried to get between me and my family was in trouble... but not this time... i knew he was speaking the truth and so i let my father go on his journey.

For ages i wondered why i didn’t leave the house that morning... I now believe it was God giving me the chance to say good bye and to let go.

Thanks for sharing your story justjoemusic, hope you didn’t mind me sharing mine...

Peace

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story justjoemusic.

It's a good one.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Your story is just as touching if not more touching then mine! definately believe God stopped you from leaving the house that day and allowed you the chance to say goodbye!

Thanks for reading my story. and im sorry for your loss too, all of their pains have gone now and they are able to do many more things then they could do down here.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

And thank you for taking the time to read
it all

top topics

join