It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest To Resist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Protest To Resist

www.guardian.co.uk

It is time to organise a broad movement of active resistance to the Con-Dem government's budget intentions. They plan the most savage spending cuts since the 1930s, which will wreck the lives of millions by devastating our jobs, pay, pensions, NHS, education, transport, postal and other services.

The government claims the cuts are unavoidable because the welfare state has been too generous. This is nonsense. Ordinary people are being forced to pay for the bankers' profligacy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
To be upfront and honest, I'll state that I support this - with reservations. It's very interesting that Tony Benn is still one of the few English politicians with integrity and noble character.

It scares me that people at the coal-face of politics are comparing our situation to that of Greece (economically), it inspires me that there are politicians calling for the public to take action and it concerns me...

"We reject this malicious vandalism and resolve to campaign for a radical alternative, with the level of determination shown by trade unionists and social movements in Greece and other European countries."

"the level of determination shown"... rioting then? Is this going to be a return to the 80s, rioting, strikes etc?

Sadly I think so.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join