It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb-like explosions seen/heard nearby my house -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I don't have a link as this hasn't been reported (as far as I know) but tonight at approx. 10:00-10:45PM [8/6/2010] I was walking out to the car with a friend and we heard explosions.

At first I thought it was thunder but more sounding like fireworks very close.

Over the treeline I see explosions on the ground (maybe 15-20 miles away) and they looked like bombs. They were definitely not fireworks or thunder/lightening.

Nor was it dynamite (I've messed with quarter and half sticks when I was younger).

Callowhill Rd, Perkasie PA

That's the link to the area it occurred at (as I said approx. 15-20 miles from there).

If that doesn't work here's what you can put in googlemaps to see the area I'm speaking about:

"Callowhill Road, Perkasie, PA"

I live right outside of Philadelphia, I know stuff happens all the time in this/these areas, but this was nothing like I've ever seen or heard before in my life. Feel free to try and debunk this, I will answer all questions.

Did anyone else happens to see or hear these explosions? They were almost positively small bombs hitting the ground.

Oh, and those who think it may have been some sort of space junk or something of the like - there was nothing coming down from the sky - everything was coming from ground level up.

I've lived in this area for my entire life, and never experienced this before.

Mods, if this is in the wrong section please move - I didn't know where to put this as I do not have any pictures or video since it happend on my way out the door.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This all seems a bit wrong.

You have guessed that you've seen something 15 - 20 miles away? At night? And you heard it?

It may well be that there was an atomic bomb going off and you are right or perhaps you've overestimated how far you think you were from these explosions.

A better way to investigate this would be if you could say roughly where you were, in which direction you heard the explosions come from and in which direction you were facing when you think you say them.

This way the information you provide is indeed true observations and hopefully we can extrapolate what could have caused it from these and other factors.

Looking forward to your reply and I do love a good ol' figuring out thread

-m0r

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
You might want to call your local emergency responders and find out if something happened in the area.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
This all seems a bit wrong.

You have guessed that you've seen something 15 - 20 miles away? At night? And you heard it?

It may well be that there was an atomic bomb going off and you are right or perhaps you've overestimated how far you think you were from these explosions.

ur right
it would have to be nuclear to be seen and heard
from that distance. Not even bunker busters are
that big. I'm gonna say it was ground lightning
strikes in the distance. But it wasn't 15-20 miles
away.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
A bolt of lightning could do it. A few years ago I was in a church and suddenly we all heard a sound like an explosion. At the time we had absolutely no idea what it was. In the newspaper the next day was the explanation; a bolt of lightning had struck a house in the neighbourhood. I can only imagine how loud it would have been if I'd been outdoors...

Unfortunately, I didn't see what this actually looked like, and it was only one explosion-like sound, not a set of them.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
If I had to guess also I would say it must have been much closer than 15- 20 miles.

For example, It should be noted though that I have no idea what munitions they were exploding ie if it was above or below ground.

Anyways, I used to live in the Lake Ridge area of Virginia, about ten miles from Fort Belvor. One morning I'm sitting on my couch and the strangest thing(at least I had never experienced this) happens. I start hearing/ feeling the wood in my couch vibrating so much in these bursts of vibration that they make noise when they do it. Other things all over the house like glass started doing it. I chalked it up to some sort of construction.

I go outside a little while later, and my neighbor(who had been there for decades) all of a sudden this time I could here the booms of deep bass, no actual typical explosion sounds, in the distance. Whereas in the house I couldn't, I could only hear things vibrating. So I asked her what could that be? She said a, in a matter of fact kind of way, "Oh that's the military over at Ft Belvor training, they do it all the time". I had only been there for a few months.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
funnily enough at 10:45 even though im on the other side of the globe i heap a loud bang and all the seagulls in the area went crackers however this wasnt an explosive bang sounded more like a shotgun wich isnt normal here becuas of gun laws and the fact i live in a council estate just thought it was weird you had a similar exeperience at the same time
hope no one got wasted up the road for a small town we sure have a big murder rate.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I only guessed how far it was. I saw it over the treeline and just gave my estimate I admit I'm not trained to be able to tell how far away from explosions were.

I don't know if it was ground lightning, it was much louder than anything I have ever heard, and as I said I know what explosions sound like I just can't pin-point exactly what this was.

So far no news about it...

And about what direction it was from where I stated I was at it was North West of my location.

top topics

join