It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Postponing Further Releases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

WikiLeaks Postponing Further Releases

www.newsweek.com

After the site posted thousands of raw field reports from Afghanistan last week, fears arose that the material might include names or other details that might identify individuals who had collaborated with the Americans. Now, according to two sources familiar with WikiLeaks’ holdings, activists associated with the site are combing through still unreleased material in its possession, trying to “redact” potentially life-threatening information. The sources, requesting anonymity when discussing sensitive information, say it’s not clear how long the review process will take.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I actually agree with this. They need to make sure that they are not putting people's lives in danger in their effort to get information out to the public. Informants are only useful to the US as long as they're still breathing.

I am looking forward to the next batch of documents, but don't want people to die for bringing us this info.

www.newsweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
You're right. It's wise. And seeing what happened with the last batch (while it wasn't as bad as many try to lead us to believe) it's good they are taking extra steps to protect the military, those who helped us, and other innocent people. I bet the Iraq documents (rumored to be three times as many as those for Afghanistan?) probably contain some explosive stuff.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I may be a skeptic of just about every conspiracy theory out there, but I'm not stupid enough to think our government hasn't been shady as hell in their dealings in the Middle East. I can't wait to look through these documents.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
He's a thief, and a possible CIA front.

If he is legit...Americans shouldn't feel proud over this man's actions, no matter the crimes of our government.

If he is a CIA tool...well...I hope its working on whoever it is supposed to be working on.

Either way...Julian Assange smells funny to me...

new topics

top topics

join