It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you Dream? i don't

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by jacktherer

I am not depressed and i have a cool job..

I work hard for a living and am really tired at night..

still.. no dreams here....

You know..I went years without remembering a dream. I was heavily medicated through those years. Then I went through a traumatic experience about a year and a half ago...took myself off all of my medications (cold turkey) because I hated absolutely hated how I had no emotions. Since all of that... I have had a lot of dreams...sometimes they are vivid, sometimes they aren't. I'm not sure why you aren't remembering your dreams if you aren't medicated. But I notice that sometimes I don't remember my dreams right off the bat until a few hours after I wake up and start thinking about if I dreamed last night. You said that you are working hard during the day, so I'd imagine you are a very busy person. Maybe because of this...you just don't have time to sit and think back about that night you slept..so you just don't remember them. Maybe? I'm not sure...I'm just throwing out ideas. What do you think?
edit on 2-11-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I do not dream too often, and it is black and white most of the times.

Been like that since I was a kid, never in color.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by baddmove

My boyfriend studies sleep disorders. After telling him about a dream, he asked if I remember a lot of dreams. I said no, and he informed me that indeed, people are not suppose to remember their dreams. So you are normal. Remembering a dream means you have awoke during rem and that your sleep was disturbed by something. (Irregular breathing, loud noise etc) that's the usual reasons. I'd you want to experience your dreams, its best to set an alarm for 3 to 4 hours after you fall asleep, thus waking you from remn, you'll most likey remember. This isn't recommended, because this is the time you are suppose to process life, and rem aids in awaking refreshed. It is actually illegal for him to wake somebody from rem state (they can tell on the censors)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I too have issues recalling dreams....Once in a wile I will remember bits and pieces of my dreams..If you are serious on recalling your dreams better there is a lot of literature,exercises etc.

that could maybe assist those who have problems "dreaming" and recalling those memories.
Here are two books I got for my girlfriend that have exercises you can practice and implement to improve your dreaming and dream recall.

"teach yourself to dream:a practical guide" by david fontana phd and
"the secret language of dreams:a visual key to dreams and their meanings" by david fontana phd

hope those help.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i cant imagine what it would be like to not be able to dream or remeber them.
i get dreams all the time where i cant tell if im dreaming or not it can be the best. but im pretty sure ive heard that not dreaming is bad for your head as in you might go crazy or somethin i'll have to look into it. ill see what i can dig up

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by subliminalsubconcious

My dad did not dream, he said.. He went crazy, he accused my mother of things she would never do.. And left her. He still belives it..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

If you dont remember your dreams you sleep well and you dream pretty boring stuff that does not set you up. I sleep like a stone. I slept through an earthquake once waking up to wondering why my house looked as if it had been searched. The only times I remember a dream was when it woke me up, or I woke up for some other reaons, which pretty much only natures call manages to pull off :p

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think the true question should be 'what are dreams' and do you actually travel somewhere outside/within "normal" physical limitations? subconscious meandering,warnings,lessons or astral traveling to other dimensions and layers of reality?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Ive dreamt that I saw two moons in the morning sky , they were about to collide.

I was standing outside my old house.. Looking up, in amazement. And they are moving closer and closer to eachother, and panic sumhow erupts, I was standing still though. Still watching.
A man with white hair comes to me from my yard, and places his hand on my shoulder " Is only an illusion" He says with a comforting voice.

I see a white light, or as they call them; UFO.. Its heading for the colliding moons from below (my point of view) one moon is to the left (our moon) one the right. (unknown moon)

And the white light flies in between the tiny gap that is left, as they are about to collide ( the Very last second) I think I saw the moons crashing into eachother, But only for millisec, then my vision turns WHITE, all i see is white light.. I wake up..

So I would say ( and hope, cuz ive had some bad dreams!)..Dreams are illusions

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Yaxkin

Very interesting recall of your dream.There are so many mysteries of the mind,reality and the world we inhabit whose to say what is real and what is an illusion? It just might all be a figment of our imaginations.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You may have sleep Apnea...I didn't dream until I recieved my machine...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Yaxkin

You know what..?

I disagree.. Dreams are not just illusions.. At All...
I have had what you can call "true dreams" or maybe even premonitions for as long as I can remember.. It only stopped when I had to go on some heavy medication for the pain in my back, and I must say that it was a relief, to NOT dream at all for some years..

It's not always so much fun knowing what is about to happen, sometimes, sure.. it is a good thing, but to be able to see and know things that you have no clue what so ever how to inform the affected person of it, that can make any sane person go completely nuts..

It's hard, knowing from time to time.. And this is nothing you can tell just any person, it takes complete trust to confide in someone...

You know, then I stopped taking the meds, and the dreams and visions came back, nowadays mostly good ones..
Such as guidance and things that are helpful to me in my way towards a new life... like how I ended up here at this forum for instance..
It's all the work of "D"...

It's a really complicated story that probaly would take a week to explain and a whole lot of coffee

But I do believe that everything happens for a reason, so my guardian D says..

And what he says, that I take serious..REALLY serious..

You wouldn't believe me if I told you what happened to me the last year..

Insane indeed..
//Mills-Core

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If you don't dream you'll start hallucinating while you're awake, within a week or so.

Set your webcam to record you all night, I guarentee that you'll see REM, you're dreaming.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yaxkin
My dad did not dream, he said.. He went crazy, he accused my mother of things she would never do.. And left her. He still belives it..

That's correct, if you don't dream you will go crazy.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
When I started working graveyard shift for the RR... I noticed immediately that I had quit dreaming. Didn't start dreaming again until several years later after quitting. And after I did start dreaming again... it was always about filthy backed up/over flowing toilets and showers in locker rooms. That's the only thing I would dream about. Over and over and over.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Alot of problem solving is done in your dreams. Not only is your mental health affected... but so is your physical health... when you stop dreaming for long periods of time.

I have a theory as to WHY I quit dreaming.
edit on 29-7-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Quick way to see if you do dream would be to film yourself sleeping at night. REM sleep has marked signs that can be detected. Also reminding yourself before you go to sleep is an easy way to bring more conscious awareness to them.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by shushu

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Alot of problem solving is done in your dreams. Not only is your mental health affected... but so is your physical health... when you stop dreaming for long periods of time.

I have a theory as to WHY I quit dreaming.
edit on 29-7-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

I know I stopped dreaming(remembering) during heavy medication.. A real relief that was, but now off the meds, the dreams came back and some other stuff aswell..

All heavy drugs cuts off the feelings, both ups and downs, you just go "straight forward" like on a line, never really happy nor sad, you just are.. Thats a bad thing not to be connected to neither yourself nor the people around you.

But I must admit it really was like a breathtaker for me to be on the meds, to relax my head for a while..

//MillsCore
edit on 30-7-2011 by MillsCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
I do work hard all day and some nights i have a few beers..but..

Can you elaborate? Did alcohol come up in the discussion you were having? Long term alcohol over-use prevents the level of sleep that leads to dreaming. You will find a common theme in rehabs of recovering alcoholics first dreaming after a year or two of sobriety. I am not suggesting you have a problem. I am just curious if a few beers now and then might not be a lowball estimate. Again, not that there is anything wrong with having some drinks. It just might be enough to cause the problem. Then again, you say you lay awake alot at night and I have noticed I never dream while I am awake.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Everybodys subconsciousness is constantly in a dream state, basically, if you can remain awake and allow your mind to wander, you will be dreaming - in terms of dream remeberance, it is such a normal thing for the subconsciousness to be in that state, that it is only really "remembered" when we have an especially important dream - for example, nightmares are easily remembered - and usually, they are a kind of "pattern".

If you wish to remember your dreams, you have to meditate to allow the random thoughts and imagery of your subconsciousness to interlace with your conscious mind, so when you are daydreaming or imagining things, you must allow that part of your mind to gather energy, and eventually the brain will reconnected your conscious mind to your subconscious mind.

A good exercise is to read a book and imagine being the person that is in the story, and if you feel sleepy, imagine the story continuing in your mind until you drift off.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join