It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you Dream? i don't

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Was on ATS live tonight and we were discussung dreams..

Most people say they have them ..

Nefermore says he doesn't dream(or he can't remember having one in 10 years) and I don't dream either..

Now , most people will say we do dream and this is probably true..

But i NEVER remember any dream at all..Never..

I do work hard all day and some nights i have a few beers..but..

Still, i don't dream when i sleep...

In fact..most nights i lie awake waiting for morning to come..

I still have energy all day and work hard..

Anyone else out there who believe they do not dream?

BTW..no medication here...

[edit on 31-7-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's important to remember that although you may not remember your dreams, you still dream.

I never used to dream often. I now recognize that the seeming lack of dreams was a product of my depression. On nights when the symptoms are not present I tend to have more vivid dreams that I remember. If you suffer from depression than A. I feel your pain and B. This may be the cause.

p.s: I do not endorse drugs and the use of them but hallucinogens and marijuana (Which is considered to some to be a very mild hallucinogen) are known to have effects on dreams.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

I am not depressed and i have a cool job..

I work hard for a living and am really tired at night..

still.. no dreams here....

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If you're not dreaming you're missing half the fun of living...the adventures you can have are bizarre, frightening, steamy, and chivalrous. You should try harder...you're missing a lot.

If you want, tell yourself that you'll remember your dream as you wake up...that's probably the best time to realize that you're dreaming.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I enjoy my dreams. I never know whats going to happen. They seem so real and I get real involved with my life within my dream. last night I was fixing up an old store in the middle of some run down town, then I started wondering around and running into people I use to know. It was realy different.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You're missing out on so much. I have dreams that are so real, sometimes I don't want to wake up. Or I want to get back to the same dream. So real, like another life. Full feeling, full color. Some people say they don't dream in color, I never understood that. Life is in color.

I've been different people a couple of times, a different creature, had fun adventures. Some are creepy, those I can do without.

I would really miss my dreams if they went away. My most vivid ones and the most fun are usually just before waking, or when I'm trying to sleep in.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I couldn't imagine what it would be like to sleep, and not dream, or never remember any.

I'd never want to sleep if I didn't dream, as it would be too boring for me! I look forward to sleep time, not just for the rest, but for the adventures that await!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
well..

i used to dream when i was younger..

now i just go to sleep and then i wake up..

no in between for me..

sleep/wake.. just like that..

but i do remember dreaming and wish i still could..

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Not having dreams would seem like the time i was put under for a operation, 4 hours went by in the blink of an eye. I would think you aren`t having dreams because you would remember at least a little of them if you were. (IMO)
My dreams are off the chart, sometimes its as tho I live another lifetime in a nights dream. Flying dreams are COOL, and the occasional sex dream

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am flattered that you made a thread based on the topic of dreams from ATS live!! I totally spurred that entire discussion.

That show is definitely getting better and better.

Onto the topic, I have also had periods of time where I didn't remember my dreams... Here are some tips:

Being sober before you go to sleep will induce more vivid dreams.

Keep a dream journal right next to your bed. First thing in the morning, try and see if you can remember anything from your dreams, if you can remember them.

There are also all sorts of gemstones, crystals, etc. that are said to increase dreams as well.

You really are missing out. Dreams are a great part of my overall experience here in human form on Earth. The contents of dreams can tell you a lot about yourself.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I always dream... if it's in a deep REM sleep, I don't always remember details, but I know I dream. The only times I can actually remember them is when it's been broken sleep, erratic, or if I didn't fall into a deep slumber. For some reason at that point my subconscious mind is closer to my conscious one. Make any sense to anyone?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If you always sleep on your left side, that tends to induce right brain dreams which are more abstract and can be more difficult to remember. If that's the case, sleep on your right side, which should give you more sequential action dreams. Nothing like bashing in dream zombie heads!

Recalling your dreams is like exercising a muscle, the more you do it, the better you get. Try waking up 5-10 minutes earlier to give yourself time for recall. Don't move when you wake up, and if you sleep on your side, don't roll over onto the other side!

Even if you remember nothing, you should still be able to feel a peculiar feeling when you wake, like an echo of the dream. Focus on that feeling and don't let it go. This should yield a few flashes or fragments which you can build off of.

Keep a notebook beside your bed. Once you begin to get some memory of the dream, however little, jot down a few short notes about it and try to move on to what comes next or what comes before. The notes help it from fading from your memory, and you can flesh out the dream later.

If you can't remember your dreams, you're really missing out. Check out this dream I had about a Mormon Sex Cult:
www.dreamviews.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The only time I consistently do not dream is when I inhale Tetrahydrocannabinol laden herb before I go to sleep.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Try drinking a cup of mugwort herbal tea each night before bed and see what happens.

Another tip, dont move when you wake up, try to lay perfectly still while you remember your dream, if even a slight little glimpse comes to mind then write it down.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Try thinking about potential dreams when you are going to sleep...and then write down your impressions when you wake up...or just think about it...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I rarely dream. If i do I know it because i remember it or I wake up feeling like I've slept 2 hours instead of 10 or so.

Recently, I've been experimenting with inducing lucid dreaming and I've found I get a much deeper sleep and wake up less tired if my dreams reach that level, whether I am aware of the dream or not.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by ItsAgentScully]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I dream ALL the time it seems like. My other life is a lot more exciting than this one.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You are not a lone here , I too do not dream . People around me are always talking about their dreams from the night before. I simply can't relate .

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well everybody dreams its just if you can remember them or not. It might seem to you or others that you simply dont dream, but in reality its just that you cannot remember them or even remember dreaming at all.

My grandpa has the same problem. He said he hasnt dreamed in over 20 years.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't dream either. A lot of the points you made apply to me as well. I enjoy my work, don't take drugs (perscription or otherwise) work hard and don't sleep a lot. Not that I don't want to I just can't. It does not affect me either. Most of the time I work a full week on as little as 20 hours of sleep a week.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join