It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bus bench ads tell us doomsday date

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Please read and try to understand what was being said.

I didn't call this person a deadbeat, what I said was there will be no comment about her spending $1200 on signs.

I then said that if she had bought a 6 pack people would be outraged over a deadbeat wasting their benefits.

I can't find it right now, but in the last couple of days I watched a recent video of a US government official stating that the problem with unemployment is that most people are deadbeats who spend their money on drugs.

PS...I finished school in June and have yet to find a job. Although I am collecting benefits based on a $19.86/hr job that I had prior to returning to school, my check is only just enough to cover my basic survival needs.

$1200? I could possibly spare $5, maybe $10 a month towards something like what this person has done.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I realize that no one called this person a deadbeat, but I wanted to be sure that the thread did not take a turn for the worse.

I find it very strange that someone is so sold on this idea that they go off and spend quite a bit of money on such an undertaking.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Good find Mr Stereo, shows us that the doomsday stuff has been taken to another level of paranoia.Sounds more like web site promotion.
And its coming a year early,thats not fair! I wanted to burn to death in 2012,now i gotta change plans.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Note that if you chase this one down a bit you discover that the woman is merely repeating what others have said. In particular 'Family Radio' and Harold Camping.

see
www.gazette.com...
for some more detail.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkstar2

I knew she was repeating what others have stated. What I found so stunning was that she spent so much money when unemployed to promote this message.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I would be really sad to be in this woman's shoes. Now people are pushing for 2011. Looks like 2012 is taking to long get here. She's unemployed and she was able to get $1,200 to do this. This is just so ridiculous.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

Or the aspect of the women is willing to pay $1,200 because she truely believe's it is worth-while if such thing ever does play out. She has spent $1,200 in good favour, trying to reach out to those who won't listen.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

It's the mentallity of this women who believes that $1,200 is nothing in comparison to billion's who struggle to get through the year of 2011. I too know how hard it is to live and put a roof over my head and have been struggling ever since being laid-off out of work due to work-injury. Though in all retrospect I wouldn't spend $1,200 out of the ordinary when I could put that towards stocking up on supplies in an event that could play-out. It would make more sense to save yaself first than somebody who is not willing to listen at all!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Hope you feel better. I've been laid up with injuries and it's no picnic. Wishing you best recovery.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Hope you feel better. I've been laid up with injuries and it's no picnic. Wishing you best recovery.

Thankyou and muchly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't understand the comments about "it moving up a year".

I don't believe it's very common at all with fundies
that 2012 is THE date they are looking towards as any kind of end game.

Anyhow, predictions (revelations) are like butt holes in the fundie world...everyone has them and they're mostly full of poo-poo.

Funny thing though. I was camping one time about 15 years ago. I was stumbling around drunk and then proclaimed to the group having a totally separate conversation that "it doesn't matter because we're all going to die in 2011 anyway". They looked at me like I was out of my mind...which is pretty true.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Darkstar2

I knew she was repeating what others have stated. What I found so stunning was that she spent so much money when unemployed to promote this message.

Who cares about her personal finances? Why would you want to make a thread about criticizing someone elses finances? You don't know anything about this, woman other than she is unemployed which really doesn't tell you anything.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

I thought it was interesting that someone went to the expense of spreading the word on a medium other than the internet. It's not a discussion over someone's finances, but that does come into play. it's just a part of the issue, certainly the essential part of the issue.

Have you ever felt strong enough about an issue to spend $1200 to advertise the message?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Timing is about right... Asteroid threatens Earth, Christ returns, stopsm asteroid, the Pope will fall, climate disasters start happening, people die, aliens come in, world is about to get destroyed, aliens help us save it, we behave, we become a happy family, end.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You know, $1200 isn't bad for all the publicity that she/her message is now getting. The benches sparked newspaper comments, which got internet attention. People waiting for the busses might've ignored the advertising before (I know I try to) but now they might see it and notice it and think "Oh, I read about these benches the other day" and now they're interested.

Not what I'd spend my money on, but it's working out pretty well for the woman.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I noticed that the woman that paid $1200 for her bus bench ads was a wee bit off. The second coming did not happen last May. Another 2012 whatever predicted misses.

It's becoming hard to believe that everyone could be wrong.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join