It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Think We're Building a War to Stop a Depression?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That's what I'm saying... a lot of signs are beginning to point in this direction - and we've got the perfectly ripe crop of short-minded / power-hungry political leadership to venture forth in this plan.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I think that may be backwards. In my view, the ruling class have engineered this depression/collapse in order to force people into fighting a world war, depopulate, control the people, and limit our use of various resources over the coming decades.

War doesn't get everyone out of a depression. During WW2, the whole world economy was depressed, and after the war, most countries still seem to have continued their slump, except for the U.S. and Russia. It's how we established our superpower status, because not only had we been victorious, but we also didn't screw up our infrastructure by fighting on our land. Yes, Pearl Harbor was a tragedy, but it also was a small incident on the grand scale of the collective destruction that was WW2.

Keep this up and I may be forced to agree with you yet again. Yes by supplying everything to everyone we papered over and forgot the payback obligations and had a 50 yr party instead. IF we'd taken the money earned, and payed off the debts, we wouldnt be where we are now, but we took the cash, used that for further collateral on the past and future debt and assumed it would go on forever. It would go on for a while further but now we dont create value in large enough amouts anymore. Everyines lazy and any real work gets done by mexicans.
THere is no way now to pay back the loans, even if we turned in everything of value, or maybe just enough still, but if we gave everything up and were left with nothing for ourselves, who'd stand for that? THAT's the reason for depopulation, no untidy loose ends or having to share. Govt gets it all, splits it with it's pals and goes on its merry way.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

If I misunderstood you I apologize for my mistake. I perhaps misinterpreted your response to suggest that if one cant have a war without money so if we have one, we simply create the money somewhere.
I was intending to illuminate the fact that you might have it printed, but it wont be worth anything in the long run. I think the facts bear that out.
So many responders simply assume if its green and has numbers on it and comes from the federal reserve it's real money so no worries about its value, there's much more where that came from. If you know better then youre far ahead of the curve and you have my respect.
Again, mea culpa

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Sorry if my post was hard to read, its alot of info. From what i remember my grandmother telling me basically, regarding WWII, was the governemnt and military got bonds* those bonds, employed people, thus hiring anyone with skills*
into days world, they dont do that of course, unless you had education and KNOW someone more or less. example, back then during WWII, suppose yuo knew how to weld* masonry* expert on guns and ammunition* knew medical stuff, how think create be engious and build...JOB* today, that dont meana damn thing, unless its a hobby. yuo gotta spend $$$$ to get a diploma that says your entitled to a salary* in anywhich case you will be laid off so some younger foreigner takes yuor lpace, outsourcing* back then, yeah alot fo work was under the table, but it was tolerated, due to the depression. in other words, didnt pay taxes on your earnings by todays standards. today, yuode be stripped, confescated, interogated for $100.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

All I can say is please don't be so easy to judge others. ..

I'm a rather complex individual, who has been though quite a bit of trauma..

I've developed many coping mechanisms, yet am aware of this, so am slowly working though my issues. ..

I've definitely got more than one simple boxed personality as many others seem to have taken shape. ... . ..

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Look, I'm trying to be nice to ya. Ok I'll try but I actually get paid to judge others, so it's difficult to turn it off, especially on what's basically a judgment site

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join