It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Korean war games deemed a success. Some Chinese resistance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Korean war games deemed a success. Some Chinese resistance.

www.csmonitor.com

The United States and South Korea today concluded four days of highly publicized military exercises with a volley of shots against carefully submerged practice targets and the sense of accomplishing what they set out to do: intimidate North Korea.
--
Although North Korea did not make good on threats to challenge the exercises militarily, skeptics see the war games as sharpening a sense of confrontation in the region while setting back peace and reconciliation efforts between the two Koreas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com
www.google.com

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

While no one was writing “mission accomplished” on banners in reference to the spectacle of 20 US and South Korean navy vessels and 200 planes playing war games off the South’s east coast, South Korea's commanders were clearly buoyed by the massive display of US support.

I finds this very good news, albeit costly. It proves that N Korea is, in fact, not as violent natured as thought, though obviously loud mouthed. It also proves the US is confident enough to risk nuclear war to make a point.

I'd call this almost a silent Cuban Missile Crisis that was not up played as much as the original Crisis Kennedy faced. This is basically a replay of those events that was lower on the News Radar for some reason. None the less, a peaceful conclusion amongst Chinese resistance. Though I interpret their Missile tests with basically telling the US "Hey, I'm still here bro. Chillax a bit". I think this might downsize N Korean popular support with what can only be described as a hollow leader that does not show his words with action, and shows a China that is still very resilient in its national location, reminding America who really holds the debt.

www.csmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This ain't over by a long shot.

Other wargames are scheduled until mid-october.

October surprise anyone?

Little Kimmy ain't gonna do squat because if he does, he loses China's support. And without China, he knows he's gonna have his bottom kicked to the moon within a week.

SKorea wanted the exercises to end today because, well, a more important matter exists... Starcraft 2 release!

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The message is clear, US is still here with the South. Stay down North Korea!.

Great Leader see and should understood the message, Great Leader says "STOP the nuclear test now!"
Then there was silence all around. No more war games or nuke test on both side. Its sort of silent peace as usual. Shall we say yay ?

He actually doesnt want to show off, hes saving it for usage.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The North Koreans couldn't mount a horse, let alone a large scale military exercise.

Their pathetic mewlings about confronting the US and South Korea was known to be little more than a joke before this exercise, and their complete lack of even a modest show of force has rendered them the laughing stock of the asiatic area.

Unless they touch off one of their nukes, I doubt anyone will pay them any heed in the future, they are a toothless and somewhat pointless nation.

Fail.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
The North Koreans couldn't mount a horse, let alone a large scale military exercise.

Their pathetic mewlings about confronting the US and South Korea was known to be little more than a joke before this exercise, and their complete lack of even a modest show of force has rendered them the laughing stock of the asiatic area.

Unless they touch off one of their nukes, I doubt anyone will pay them any heed in the future, they are a toothless and somewhat pointless nation.

Fail.

Agreed....
until they sucker-punch somebody.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm quite surprised the U.S didn't use the exercise as cover for a preemptive attack. they were threatened with a nuclear devise I'm quite surprised how calm America was about it i know Kim makes allot of threats but still. I'm not really for war of any kind but i think America toppling the north wouldn't be such a bad idea as long as they just struck em and got the hell out of there. but i suppose china would be of major concern in that little scenario.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

response to Retseh

You might be right, but do you know why nobody want to mess with North Korea ?

Imagine this: every 10 people you know, 3 is a soldier, either reserve or active, 5 work with the goverment, 2 work as farmer (self survive whatever happen), 8 of them spying on each other looking for disobedience and all worship the leader like god who happen have new nuking toy.

Sucks to be North Koreans.

Click here and then click on per 1000 pop

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The US and South Korea hold several joint military excercises every year. I was stationed in South Korea from July 1984 through July 1985 and there were several joint military excercises back then too. This truly is nothing new. Perhaps it does somewhat "send a message", but the military conducts "war game" excercises all the time to be ready "just in case".

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well the way I see it, N Korea now has to shut up for about another year or half year until people forget again.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You are correct sir. These games are held every year and sometimes several times a year. ATS'ers though seem to jump at any news topic that may spell trouble and the war games this year were met with especially harsh language and threats from North Korea so it took on a little more emphasis around here. Even for the paranoid.

Originally posted by tallcool1
The US and South Korea hold several joint military excercises every year. I was stationed in South Korea from July 1984 through July 1985 and there were several joint military excercises back then too. This truly is nothing new. Perhaps it does somewhat "send a message", but the military conducts "war game" excercises all the time to be ready "just in case".

top topics

join