It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks : U.S. is Funding The Insurgents in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It's not the what you could classify as collateral damage that the government is so worried about ; as the mainstream media are reporting that these leaked documents show nothing more than civilian casualties that were not officially reported.

It goes quite deeper : According to the documents Pakistan's military spy service has received a billion dollars a year that is paid under the pretense of fighting militants.

The documents suggest that Pakistan allows representatives of its spy service to meet directly with the Taliban in secret strategy sessions to organize networks of militant groups that fight against American soldiers in Afghanistan, and even hatch plots to assassinate Afghan leaders.

www.nytimes.com...

In other words we are funding our enemies, funding the death of our enlisted troops!!
All to keep this fake war going and keep the money rolling.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
No surprize there.
They have to keep the war going.
Whatever would TPTB do if there wasn't a war somewhere.
I think the feed on the horror of wars, that's why we have so many of them.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

The can of worms has just been opened and it will take some time to gain a sharper picture of all the damage this will cause on all sides.

First it's the casualties, then the funding and so on and so forth. How long has the rumor mill been grinding so far? Assange had better keep himself scarce or he may find himself facing more than 52 years of the supposed informant.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Gotta hand it to this guy , going out on the limb for all of us. I think we should all take a very serious look at what is stated here.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
They did it with AlQaeda. Hell they created them.

It's the same old ruse. Create a group to remove a dictator, put that group into power.

Once that group wises up that they are being used instead of helped, you hire another group to take them out.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Perhaps it is a matter of the media censorship in the US, but this story has been covered in Canada for a while.

CBC News report on bribes to the Taliban (Jan 2010)

Google 'Bribing the Taliban', there are lots of stories about this going back a couple years: The West started bribing the insurgents to allow them safe passage through certain areas. Stupid beyond belief...I don't know how anyone could have thought that giving money to your enemies would pan out in a positive way.

That's the thing though, as others have mentioned, the best way to ensure that the war continues/expands is to fund the enemy.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Exactly , We create our own enemy and fund them to ensure this manufactured war continues.

Time for Nuremberg type trials for our officials in government.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If this is true, then this is horrendous. How could I have faith in my government if this is true?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dlifesjrny

Welcome to a lesson how this Bank owned government operates.
How it sends troops on Constitutionally illegal wars throughout the world in order to keep its industrial-military complex industry healthy.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm trying to understand this... Help me put together the pieces of evidence that it seems most of you have come to accept.

When I read the New York Times article, it looks like its saying we are giving money to Pakistan's military to help us fight militants. It then says there have been a lot of suspicions about Pakistan potentially using those funds to help the enemy fight us. The article paints the picture that Pakistan may be secretly betraying us.

This thread however takes the view that our gov't knowingly gives Pakistan money to aid our enemies, knowingly funding the deaths of our own soldiers... but that seems like a leap of speculation. Is there something I'm missing that causes you to draw this conclusion?

Is there some evidence in these documents that suggest our government is knowingly secretly funding the insurgents?

top topics

join