It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shutter Island...Shutter Planet & Conception of Inception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Watched Shutter Island, went for a walk.
It was a nice island night, luminated by a near full moon.
Thoughts ordered:

What if humans are like patients to extraterrestrials...
-they watching, guiding our developing energy patterns with various methods orchestrating series of coordinated events which we call coincidences and synchronicities, to enhance our probability of awakening, remembrance - or as Plato referred to it - Anamnesis, remembering what is already known or learned.
-while other groups utilize less humane means towards less humane ends whereby we might further forget our identity in a global amnesia period.
--And following the theme of the Great Harvest - the final decision for humanity based on largest percentage whos asleep veiled or with awakened vision.

What is the mind, if so easily distorted, fragile, like the body; yet both potential for strength.
What are we...to question identity (experience) is to question reality (existence).
Who am I (being), what am I (doing).

Are the extraterrestials not also corporeal forms, with mind and body, of reincarnating spirits too...Are we they...

my suspicion to this is: yes

∞LOVE∞

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Watched Inception, closed eyes before film.
Theater filled with distractions, shared with people.
Feelings emerged:

Can you feel what keeps you in this world.
Close your eyes - focus beyond the senses, and thoughts, which are magnetized to form.

-you may come to remember something you already know about yourself-

What is real - energy - primary substance - Source
We are in a Dream...of Source
-what keeps us in this dream.
-and what awakens us.

This reality is a projection of Source, and we are projecting within it.
-2012...maybe its a 'kicker', like a Great Harvest, which for some deepens the dream and in others new dimensions awaken.

We are the imagination of ourselves. BillHicks

We are dreaming ourselves - project positive - ideas

∞LOVE∞

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Liked inception but still not sure as to the ultimate conclusion.

My own pet theory is that he is still in the same dream he was in with his wife. When she killed herself she went back to the real word. The whole movie and everything in it was him rationalising how to get back to his children within the context of the dream and the way she set him up. They were all projections within projections.

Maybe i'm reading too much into it :-)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Beautiful post Awake. You hit the nail on the head for me. All I have been thinking about for the past week or so is synchronicity, just started a thread on it and this post cf yours counts as a big one for me, and how dream like our world is.

I started thinking about an old philosophy theory about how we have no proof that all other beings we interact with have their own seperate conscious awareness. For all we know everyone else could be projections of our subconcious.

How about th entire world your mind creates when it's dreaming. It feels jet as real as this "reality". I talk to people in my dreams thy can speak other languages and are well versed in subject areas that I have no clue about. If my mind can pull that off whose to say it isn't doing this when I am "awake"?

The ET theory you have is interesting. Seeing how time is all subjecive and your mind has the capability to slow it down and speed it up, who says we didn't decide to put our souls through a test run in this reality, created by the architecs, ET's, advanced spiritual beings, or whatever we want to call them? Purley to evolve our awareness into something greater?

Very interesting stuff and I will be following this thread very closley.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
And yes 2012 is a "kick", I think we just have to be mindful enough to sense it and then POP we wake up into a new reality. That would be pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

THANK you for your contribution.
It seems likely that his union with his children in the end was waking, given the number and depth of dream levels he entered approaching his subconscious.
Though, there was no 'kicker' to separate him from the subconscious state on the plane...he simply awoke.
Who knows, in the end, will the spinning top topple?!

∞LOVE∞

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Excellent!
Always glad to hear of synchronistic events.
It seems the philosophical theory youre referring to is solipsism; which is a form of subjectivism.
It is unlikely to be entirely true in the human sense, as there are billions of us here, each claiming individual awareness, and to identify who was the actual human mind which was projecting the experience would require it to shift reality....something like psi phenomena.
Perhaps, as we hear of telekinesis and clairvoyance in certain individuals, there is a group of projecting human coordinating on subconscious levels.
anything is possible - though - what is the purpose
It seems more likely the entire projection is emanating from the Source of all creation, rather than a few of its creations, and that we humans, and other beings, are acting as mini projectors within the larger picture of the Universe.
And yes, some sort of 'kicker' approaches our manifestation...let it be cool!

∞LOVE∞

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

There are some things that bother me about that:

If he's awake, why are the children wearing the same clothes and in the same position in the garden as seen in previous flashes?

Why had they not aged?

How did the Michael Caine character get from what was supposedly the real paris, to the US?

You could say its all just loose plotting and continuity gaffs but Christopher Nolan is not known for those.

Guess we'll have to wait for the DVD commentary :-)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A quote from the Holographic Universe that sums it up nicley.

"Our brains mathmatically construct objective reality by interpreting frequencies that are ultimately projections from a deeper order of existence that is beyond space and time-the brain is a hologram enfolded in a holographic universe. "

And to the last post, it could have been a premonition in a dream, I have had a few of those. That would explain their familiar position, clothes, and age when he sees them i the yard.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

We are the imagination of ourselves. BillHicks

I like that quote. Interesting read, i liked it. Check out my signature! haha.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Wish you could give more than one star.

top topics

join