It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO stuns Pretoria residents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Very interesting article, if you read the comments at the bottom it looks like multiple people have seen this in the past few months. Should be interesting to see what comes of this.

According to her, the UFO hung in the air for two hours without moving and then, at about 20:30, slowly started moving down, diagonally to the left and still down, disappearing behind the horizon.

"I couldn't make out the shape of the object because the three lights were too bright, but it almost had a heart shape because there were two lights on top, a blue light on the left and an emerald green light directly next to it, on the right side, with a big bright white light underneath it which shone straight down,"

Article www.news24.com...

Will look a bit more into this and see if anyone has posted any pics or vids

[edit on 26-7-2010 by bluedrake]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
[edit on 26-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
"Hung in the air for 2 hours"?

And NOT ONE picture to prove it?
Come on, even the most basic country have cameras these days, and sometimes even the most 'third world' country have access to hookey camera fones.
So again 2 hours and not one photo we can disprove or analyse.
Disappointing Pretoria, very disappointing

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Sure a lot of people in the area had camera's... I tried to look for some pics but I found nothing.

Maybe something comes from were the article is asking people to submit pics, otherwise its just some small town looking for attention

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Really? Come on. I'm a believer and all but a five minute call to any observatory would have given them the answer.

Saturn and Mars on top. Venus on the bottom. The color differences and any shimmering come from diffraction effects due to the planets being so close to the horizon.

T.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Snapshot from Stellarium using Pretoria as the observatory

Date: 24/7/10 @ 18:30

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f98ce5ea0eb4.jpg[/atsimg]

@ 20:15

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa6f3e4451a1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Triangulum

Could it really have been that bright to be mistaken? also why would it just start moving after 2hours?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Roll it back to sunset to get Venus in there.

T.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Absolutely! Other than the moon and Sun, Venus is the brightest celestial object in the night sky. Mars and Saturn are not far behind. I can only guess that they didn't stand out there watching the whole time. It's like watching the hands on a clock. If you sit there and watch for a minute your not going to see much apparent movement. Go away and come back in an hour, however, and the whole face is different.

T.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Triangulum

I was going to put Venus in there but thought it would be obvious that since Venus has gone below the horizon the others are following suit.....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Honestly, I thought I saw a UFO once, and after about 1-2 hours of checking on it, getting excited and even getting my bro to look at it I had to admit to myself that it was a star or planet.

Some people get embarrassed and won’t admit that they were fooled by a star or planet.

These types of “sightings" make me question the argument of our ancestors seeing UFOs and not stars and planets. They didn’t exactly have Stellarium back then...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

I was completely fooled by Arcturus a few years ago. It was late, late summer so it was low on the Western horizon but just above a long tree-line. The proximity to the tree-line and diffraction effects gave the illusion that the star was bobbing up and down and changing colors. ...very convincing UFO.

T.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Triangulum]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Cool, I see what you were going for now.

T.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ok, what's wrong with these people? Why did not one of them take a photo?
2 Hours, and they just watch. I honestly hope someone took a photo! Then again it is Pretoria! Lol

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Does anyone have info of the UFO that was chased by the Police helicopter in Pretoria years ago?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Has HAARP and/or chemtrail toxins gotten to the average person where they can't differentiate from a planet (or star) from a flying/hovering metallic-like UFO?

Damn people! What's going on lately? I would bet nethanderals probably even knew the difference!.

I just can't accept this explanation. And if I do then, I have to consider something is happening to common-sense lately.

A star is a star.
A planet (although their positions change) is a planet.
And a hovering non-planetary object is a hovering non-planetary UFO.
Where's the problem here?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by One Moment]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What an absolute joke skeptics turn everything into a run around with the same nonsense each every time.

OP, thank you for finding this, more and more reports in the papers and media. Large numbers of witnesses are often invovled. In fact, North America is one of the few areas that doesnt report.

Starred and flagged for bringing a media story forward.

And yet everytime one does the same posts crop up.

Large number saw the same thing, whatever mystery this object represents. Good story.

For the camera lovers out there, the few that do take pics at the right moments, of basically what will show up as lights, are criticized for those blurry lights.

Good luck trying to capture one yourself.

On the other hand a much more humble attitude and skywatching, seeking and asking for a siting can get results.

There are a lot of mysteries.

Edit to add: A mystery I just got turned onto is the sun, and daytime objects. I have my battery pack and recharger ordered hopefully will arrive next week. Not to post, because whats the point, if the camera takes so so shots, and I don't know if it does outside, it was good for kids making videos, its a modestly priced one, but terrible for night shots with ordinary batteries, once the ones that came with it were gone.

But Sleeper revealed a mystery that I checked out yesterday, and intend to do so today as well. The telephoto lense on the camera would help.

You don't see much, ie. idenfiable things. But you see some anomalous things.

When the sun is at an edge of a roof or structure, ie. for me, that is just before noon at the edge the roof, I think, I lucked out yesterday and didn't get the time. Today I'll be checking. Note you see the glow of its aura, but not the sun, you block this with your hand as well. And look up, I just looked. The odd part was, there were many white fluffy seeds falling down, you could make them out below the tree levels, and probably related to time of year.

But, the ones above the tree level to low flying plane level (I don't do height well) are not seeds. In fact, instead of being smaller, they're bigger. Birds? They don't show when the sun is anywhere else! Only one had wings!

Then higher, higher than small planes fly, are again, larger items. The size is going up, not down, which it should have. They look craft sized. So, naturally the one I saw up there was a plane, soundless (but the height could mask that) white light only, but its daytime. Fine, but......theres alot of them, and they're crisscrossing each other. We've watched a lot of planes fly over at various heights and noted a lot of things about them, lights, wingspan showing or not, sound at various heights and locations and also relating to type of plane, etc etc. Theres not that many up there at any given time and they are not crisscrossing.

Weather balloons. Well heres the problem, they're not everywhere, a huge dump of weather balloons are not everwhere, but to totally rule that out, when my camera comes, I'm going to go to different areas from time to time, vary areas. They got bigger, not smaller higher up, they are flying in different directions akin to crafts, and crisscrossing each other.

I'll find the thread, from Sleeper, but that is a prime example of a mystery, that I only got turned onto now. And I have seen real crafts, night time, very low, with no mistake what they were, and if I was a competent photographer with hi tech equipment poised at every moment, you'd only get a distorted light except for that one moment when they come near the roofline and city glow and good luck on trying to capture that split seconds. I wouldn't even bother. But we could see the craft.

This daytime one is something anyone can try, even with your eyes, like I did, or binoculars, anything with telephoto lens, but if you photograph or film, it will only look like the videos Sleeper put up.

I'll find it to add.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
More Ufo's Than You Can Shake A Stick At!

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Seems odd that they all saw three lights for two hours and at 20:30 they went below the horizon just like the 3 planets showing in stellarium. Maybe they have never seen the 3 planets together in that particular light.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by madleo

Any more detail on this, or at least a year?

top topics

join