It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue preachers use 'witch' scares to abuse children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hope this is the right place.

I really do wonder if we here in the UK are going back in time, not only do we have women adhering to some outlandish belief of having to cover up their identity we also have a problem of children being accused of being witches and being abused in the name of Christianity. I don;t blame the religions but those who use them for their own gains.
Does the USA or other countries have a similar problem?

www.independent.co.uk...

A 10-month undercover investigation into what takes place behind closed doors in some African churches has exposed pastors who exploit the religious beliefs of their congregations and then seek large sums of money in return for "deliverance".

In one case, a church leader used the fear of witches to obtain sexual favours. Kay (not her real name) began worshipping at the Faith and Victory Church in London when she was 13. Her mother had died several years before and her father was being treated for kidney failure. Kay claimed that in 2008, when she had turned 18, her pastor said she would need to sleep with him 21 times to rid her family of the witchcraft that caused their problems. Kay said: "It felt as if I was being raped."

The investigation into "Britain's witch children" will be broadcast on Channel 4's Dispatches tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

Kay claimed that in 2008, when she had turned 18, her pastor said she would need to sleep with him 21 times to rid her family of the witchcraft that caused their problems. Kay said: "It felt as if I was being raped."

I would like to meet this pastor so I could read to him from "Tribe's book" and rid him of his parts that are causing him all of his problems.

I have no compassion for this type of behavior, but I do have a sharp knife...

new topics

join