It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Burn a Bible Day

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Actually I was more interested to read that there are actually Christians out there dumb enough to declare their faith by burning Korans.

Yeah go ahead go burn as much bibles as you want. You can even burn my bible in front of my face, it's nothing new man.

Guess what? The world hates us the most, what you do is pretty funny in comparison to our brothers and sisters being murdered. You have no idea do you? living in your sheltered box of a live.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
PLEASE burn the Korans, and all the Bible Versions

Only, put the accurate textual translations of the hebrew texts and greek scriptures aside - save them.

Imagine having accurate knowlege and putting away prejudice and false teachings

Imagine following the path of love and rejecting genecide

Imagine one language, one of peace, an intenational brotherhood, that doesn't discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or dissability.

Imagine Mohamed never having to go on his rampage agianst idolotry...he would have been able to focus on pure worship...
He would have been to accept the sacrifice of The Christ...not haveing to be blinded by the hyprocrasy of the teachers of that day

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Misoir

The LIVING Bible isn't called that just cause it sounds catchy.
And regardless what version of the Book you have, God's Word is alive.

Burning cannot, an never will conquer that.

So for those who want to burn it? Here's a lighter.

Funny that - speaking of burning books, the only books I ever remember being 'burnt' were books people feared. Feared because they might open a child (persons) mind to a new way of thinking.

So burn away... God forbid, in this world lacking peace and hope we try to keep something alive that supports loving even our enemies.

peace

[edit on 25-7-2010 by silo13]

...And butchering, burning and torturing those who don't believe.

Well, then burn the Catholic Bible. Since they were the ones 'butchering, burning, and torturing' the Protestants.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
IDK Why america has to be so racist against muslims.
It's most likely the media brainwashing them. Every time they refer to an iraqi they always use the term "terror" or "terrorist".

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by alien101

First off Islam is a religion. Of course numerous Americans are afraid what their government tells them to be afraid off. British, Communist, Chinese, Muslims. Just whatever.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
This is not a proposal of mine nor is it something that is currently being proposed. I am simply asking what you think about this? How do you believe Christians would respond?

As most of us know about a church in Florida where they have declared 'International Burn a Koran Day', I just wonder what they would think if there was an 'International Burn a Bible Day'. I highly doubt they would take too kindly to that.

They either need to stop their ignorance or learn the lesson of what it feels like when others attack religion. Christianity in America does not know what it is like to have to fight against any other beliefs, they would not know how to handle such an event.

As a Christian I would not like someone symbolically attacking my religion by burning a bible, but there is nothing I can do to stop them. The difference is I would not threaten death or put out an actual hit on the people responsible for doing so.

Christianity in American doesn't know what it is like to have to fight against any other beliefs? Are you kidding? It seems to me that Christianity is vilified and belittled on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabalis

Yes, the majority of religion that more or less controls the public discourse on religion is regularly 'belittled'

Can you please, show me evidence of discrimination against Christianity and Christians?

I'd be all for 'burn a _____' religious book day, but I don't have that sort of money. ...well, I guess I could find a Gideon's Bible...

Truth be told, it's a mass market book, burning a few copies isn't going to do a lot.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join