It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of the sun, leave's something to think about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Pictures of the sun, leave's something to think about?

img442.imageshack.us

I was at home and looking on the internet. When i came across an article about the sun. They wrote about that the sunspots where visible with the naked eye.

www.skyandtelescope.com...

A giant sunspot complex is marching across the Sun's face this week, much to the delight of avid skywatchers. The spot group is so large it is visible without magnification — all you need to see it is a sunny day and a safe solar filter. copy the link for the complete article.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well i took my camera and held a cd in front. Took 7 pictures of the sun. And there are some strange effects on it. Could someone tell me what the anomaly's are?

Cause it look like you know..
The word is negative, don't want to type it.
Ill post the pictures, check them out.

I am the most interested in this picture

img207.imageshack.us...
My opinion is the sphere's on the left and the right of the sun are effects of the light. But those sphere's below aren't? Dont you think?

img442.imageshack.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

img837.imageshack.us...

[edit on 23-7-2010 by MrOrange82]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Nice ones, however, I saw this youtube a few days ago and it also is nice.

Im not using the word, but it is in the Video so I cant erase it !

[edit on 23/7/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Another thought came up. All pictures where taken within 5 minutes. Some look if they where taken it night. 5pic where taken with cd in front and 2 with my sun glasses in front.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Nice ones, however, I saw this youtube a few days ago and it also is nice.

Im not using the word, but it is in the Video so I cant erase it !

[edit on 23/7/2010 by ChemBreather]

Thanks for not using the word

But to make sure that video aint mine. Those pictures where taken an half an our ago. Location The Netherlands-South(Limburg) 12th floor on balcony.
While im typing thunder is moving in. Ill make other pictures now.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is de conditions now. Very quick change.
Whats going on?

img837.imageshack.us...

Right now its storming with lost of thunder.

To make sure im not scared....

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

NIBURU!

There, I said it for ya.

I miss your old avatar.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

NIBURU!

There, I said it for ya.

I miss your old avatar.

Yea Nahh ! Why you go and Jinx the thread !

Its the same here Mr.Orange, 2 hours ago, the sky was completely free of clouds, and now it looks like a storm coming... I like the lightning and thunder though, it is amasing to watch..

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Originally posted by butcherguy

NIBURU!

There, I said it for ya.

I miss your old avatar.

Yea Nahh ! Why you go and Jinx the thread !

Its the same here Mr.Orange, 2 hours ago, the sky was completely free of clouds, and now it looks like a storm coming... I like the lightning and thunder though, it is amasing to watch..

All i have to say is: Could it be?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Lens flares aside, the best time to photo the sun to (hopefully) capture an image of any naked eye sunspots is either when there's a thin layer of cirrostratus covering the sky (in such conditions you can often look directly at the Sun) or at sunset when there is a good layer of pollution on the horizon.

Trying to photo the sun when high in the sky and with nothing between to diffuse its brightness may damage the camera sensor and will only result in a glaring image in which nothing can be seen. Except lens flares

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Lens flares aside, the best time to photo the sun to (hopefully) capture an image of any naked eye sunspots is either when there's a thin layer of cirrostratus covering the sky (in such conditions you can often look directly at the Sun) or at sunset when there is a good layer of pollution on the horizon.

Trying to photo the sun when high in the sky and with nothing between to diffuse its brightness may damage the camera sensor and will only result in a glaring image in which nothing can be seen. Except lens flares

Lens flares? Could be.
I thought they where transparent light spots like this.
nicholasallan.files.wordpress.com...

This one has different spots. Like a solid light bal.
img207.imageshack.us...

Still think you are right.

Thanks for the tips almost forgot.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by MrOrange82]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOrange82

Actually, I should have thanked you for starting the thread and bringing this naked eye sunspot to my attention - I'd love to get a photo of it if I get the right conditions

I've seen sunspots before, never gotten a photo of any.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I love the photos you took of the sun - so beautiful - flares and whatever we may be seeing there. I go to NASA daily to see what is developing with the sun. I really can't say for sure what I am seeing in your photos, perhaps someone more expert in the area could tell us. I would interested in knowing. I do know we have had a lot of solar flares lately and coronal holes in the sun. Interesting thread, hope we can continue the discussion.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I wonder if the effect could be due to tiny imperfections (pinhole-type scratches) in the coating on the CD?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
HMMM "look at the sun"???? ic ant think of anyone capable of looking at the sun for more than 1 second. Those that are dumb enough to do so, might burn thier retinas out!!! and maybe even half fry the eyeball...NOT A GOOD IDEA!! im shocked and suprised sky&telescope said that!
When i was 13, my grandmother got me a celestron 4.5 inch reflector. i had started pointing at the sun, andplacig white paper near the eyepiece to view sunspots. god was it fun: ) you WILL require, a solar lens that goes over the front of yuor scope, and maybe an H alpha filter, to view falres adn prominences(filter out the hydrogen and UV red from the sun). I did discover though..i could view the sun WITH dark 1970's sunglasses my mother had, throught the eyepiece

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
I did discover though..i could view the sun WITH dark 1970's sunglasses my mother had, throught the eyepiece

Oooh, baaad idea. Even IF it attenuates the visible light enough to view without pain it's probably not attenuating the UV or infrared light (which you can't see) enough and you're doing damage to your eyes. You're lucky you can still see. Always use safe, certified, aperture solar filters, NEVER attempt to filter the light at the eyepiece.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by ngchunter]

top topics

join