It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assigning of Hoaxes in the "Aliens & UFOs Forum" to the "Hoax Forum".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Good Evening.....

I notice that sometimes it can take quite a long time for hoaxes to be assigned from the "Aliens & UFOs Forum" to the "Hoax Forum".

I don't think that in itself is a big problem.

However, it got me thinking…..

What is the process undertaken by the ATS Mod & Management team to make the decision that something is a hoax?

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

If you had you way, you'd put everything in the UFO forum in the hoax forum.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beatrix Kiddo Jr

If you had you way, you'd put everything in the UFO forum in the hoax forum.

Beatrix Kiddo Jr.....

Well, a fair bit of recent stuff belongs in there!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Good Morning....

I think the mods wait until you have given your verdict then they make a decision based on that!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star

Good Morning....

I think the mods wait until you have given your verdict then they make a decision based on that!

"Stone the bloody crows, Thelma! I think that Maybe...maybe not bloke's got 'imself in trouble again!"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4d57c04fa40.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
One of my threads belongs in the hoax forum. UFO Kidnaps a Plane. I'd forgotten all about that one but found a message from the guys who made that footage. It's a hoax. shame, it looked cool.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I assume a few of the staff members are actually aliens, so when a hoaxed bit shows up, they wait for one of those mods to log on and ask them if its real or not.

If the mod don't recognize it as real, it is sent to the hoax bin.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I assume a few of the staff members are actually aliens, so when a hoaxed bit shows up, they wait for one of those mods to log on and ask them if its real or not.

If the mod don't recognize it as real, it is sent to the hoax bin.

I really don't think you should talk about that outside of RATS. Many folks here don't believe in aliens.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
ATS Team:

Here’s an interesting example where some very silly hoaxing by the well known hoaxer Robbert van den Broeke is remains in the UFO & Aliens forum:

Amazing Grey Picture Captured!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think it's been kept up for entertainment purposes.

Honestly! I aint seen nothing like it!

Properly funny!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
I think it's been kept up for entertainment purposes.
Honestly! I aint seen nothing like it!
Properly funny!

Silver Star.....

I agree that many of these hoax threads have an element of interest & fun.

Interest.....

That occurs when we investigate & prove something is a hoax.

Fun.....

That occurs when we see something like this posted, but intellectually it ends up being 1 step above watching your big hairy beer drinking neighbour get locked outside in his jocks!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I agree with you MMN on a lot of cases, but you ask for things to be thrown into the hoax forum without proving the case in question is in fact a hoax, not even linking to other threads that proves its fake..Instead of posting Youtube music videos on these threads, why dont you post why it is fake? If these things are so fake it should be really easy to prove it is a hoax.....right? so why not do it?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
I agree with you MMN on a lot of cases, but you ask for things to be thrown into the hoax forum without proving the case in question is in fact a hoax, not even linking to other threads that proves its fake..Instead of posting Youtube music videos on these threads, why dont you post why it is fake? If these things are so fake it should be really easy to prove it is a hoax.....right? so why not do it?

Ziggyproductions05.....

I often try to post validation for such things being hoaxes, but I must say that.....

Sometimes time simply bites a little hard.....

Sometimes it is such a well known hoax I feel it is self evident.....

Sometimes I feel it is such an obvious hoax I feel it is also self evident.....

Sometimes I post the music simply to add a little humour, whilst obviously intimating the material upon which the thread is based is just plain silly.

Sometimes I hope that other members will do the homework & post the validation themselves withouit relying on me.....which many do!

But listen.....

I really do try very hard to help. For instance, when you asked me about Maussan in Chadwickus' "Turkey UFO" thread, I spent at least 1/2 an hour pulling together my reply to you so that you could understand the whole Maussan thing.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I suspect that the vast majority of people who watch these are 100% aware that it is absolute BS.

They dont need it to be put into the hoax forum for them to realize that it's a load of crap.

Im sure we are all reserving our intellects for when the real deal comes along!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

yes, that info you gave me abuot Maussan was great! You do a great job in the UFO/Alien forum, no doubt about it! I think when you post the music videos it sends a 'You guys are stupid for even discussing this' kind of vibe and if you were to show us all why/how its a hoax it would educate a lot of people and move it to the hoax bin a hell of a lot quicker. Maybe you know some information others cant find or have tried to look up and you could explain what is really going on...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Ziggyproductions05.....

That's all fair enough!

I guess that sort of loops us back around to my question upon which this thread is based:

"What is the decision process for determining when something in the 'UFOs & Aliens Forum' is assigned to the 'Hoax Forum'."

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
ATS Team:

Even though it’s not in the “Aliens & UFOs Forum”, for interest’s sake, here is a hoaxed chemtrail video that is the subject of an extensive thread, wherein the person who took the video has posted in the thread confirming he has hoaxed it.

CLOSE-UP VIDEO: Pilot filming plane spraying into the air

I did a search outside ATS…..this film is being promoted all over the place as proof of “chemtrails” & the “gullibles” just “suck it down”, or should I say “breathe it in”!

I think ATS is doing a great service & helping these people when such things are assigned to the “Hoax Forum”.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The purpose of ATS is to allow people to air their thoughts and ideas of events that have occured and been reported in our world, It would be a disservice to everyone if we hang a label on it and dismiss all further discussion. You can always make your case, post your evidence for posterity and move along to the next thing. If your evidence is valid and complete, you will probably be cited as a reference. The aliens and ufo forum is not your fiefdom, it belongs to all of us.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Debris765nju.....

The aliens and ufo forum is not your fiefdom, it belongs to all of us.

I couldn't agree with you more!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Since aliens aren't real, shouldn't every thread that treats them as such be put into the hoax forum?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join