It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't everyone meditate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
For some people meditation is doing things, it's not always sitting and burning incense, some people are caught up in perpetuating a certain lifestyle too busy making illusions a physical reality, but this is the beauty of the human mind, the right to choose to sit there and space out, to pray, to sit behind a sniper scope and squeeze one off at the enemy, or to sip a cup of coffee. Regards.

I agree, although I know very little about meditation.

For example - last year my brother in law taught me how to fish, it has been a fairly long learning process (and still learning) especially if you make your own lines etc anyway... The point I wanted to make was that I learnt to fish as I was going through a stressful period in my life but fishing took my mind away from everything and enabled me to think clearer in the long run.

All I could do was think about catching one and having to remember all the things I had learnt so far, this had a kind of calming effect which was really usefull and needed.

So yeah I guess its "each to their own when it comes to meditating and you could say I was meditating without even realising.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X

But the point is not to meditate, the point is to spiritually grow. Meditation is only one way of gaining altered states of consciousness.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Student X]

If this is the case, then I am well on my way already.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well,
i would say: Everybody is meditating every day!
What means to meditate? In the core it is to think about ... anything!
Some call it meditation some call it else, but thats the core...
You concentrate on a certain thing and get a solution... Thats meditation aswell! (Also you can do the opposite of it...)

I know you mean meditation i another manner... I do it daily aswell since about fourteen years...
I tried several technics, mantras and symbols. Different places and frequency levels...
I developed my own system and reached a high level of spirituality through it.
And i am just 24!

Have a look into my "Your Spiritual Revolution"therad series i started a week ago, down in my signature...

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim Irie

[edit on 19-7-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

cooooool. i eat pork.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I really like the first few videos. I'm going to watch them through sometime when I can really get into them. As a person who has been meditating a couple of years and can quiet his thoughts and observe his breath well: I doubt I am alone in this but outside factors just make it really difficult to stay in that place of peace. I think attempting deep meditation just makes me more aware of the constant noise at work and from others who live in the house - my ears literally hurt. I wish I could close them like I can close my eyes. I am experimenting with using headphones when alone in my room to get some quiet.

This was so much easier when I lived alone + had access to places of solitude. It's nearly impossible in my current life situation. So I can see how it would be difficult for others that are beginning to really stick to it if they are constantly in a distracting environment. Just yesterday morning all I could hear was a man and his chainsaw... I swear it's always something and if I try to quiet and turn off distractions like TV and internet/video games something will come up. And no you don't need to use a chainsaw in the middle of a neighborhood sunday morning to cope with life's demands, how about a normal saw like our ancestors used? You know some people will go pretty much their whole life without subjecting others to their noise, and some are a continuous source of noise and interruptions for others.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join