It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil now leaking "a distance from the well" ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

i don't often make the one line, "attaboy" response. But that is just what this is.

Outstanding post. Publish it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
BP is already moving the Goal Posts.
They said 9,000 PSI needs to be at the wellhead -- it's at 7,500 PSI;
STORY

I think there will be a lot of happy talk explaining any result. I'm not getting my hopes up -- but it would be really great if the oil stops flowing. I just don't think it will.

The WORST result is that if we go on with business as usual even if they manage to secure the well. As the search for oil goes deeper into the ocean -- the costs are only going to make cutting corners more of a temptation. And since these companies can "pay" as much as they want for candidates because of our fascist supreme court -- the government merely acts as cover for whatever they want to do.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by Aeons
"Leaking" and "seepage" is minimizing weasel words in this case.

What it means that there is a FRACTURE from the wellbore 18,000 feet below the ocean floor, that extends for upto a mile away and then that fracture comes back up to the ocean floor again. And there may be more than one of them.

When you see "leak" and "seepage" realize someone is trying to handle your visual representation of what this means.

They are trying to make it seem like a leaky faucet in your bathroom.
Instead of a FRACTURE in the EARTH CRUST that is at least about 5280 feet long and 18,000 feet deep.

[edit on 2010/7/19 by Aeons]

Umm, i'm sorry, and please dont call me a government disinfo agent shill BP apologist for asking this, but you speak it with such certainty, i just MUST ask;

what evidence do you have of something so specific?

I just dont understand how we can disregard dubious evidence on one side, but blindly accept it on the other.

Evidence is that there is a leak. The leak is clear from the pressures demonstrated. That "leak" is due to a fracture.

This is how a well is produced in a formation that needs extra help creating permeability. You create fractures.

This leak is a mile away. (more) the original well had just hit the producing formation when it blew. This formation is 18,000 feet down.

For the well to have created this leak, it mean that it has a fracture from the wellbore to the leak. That's one mile (5280 feet) plus the height from ocean floor to the producing formation, 18,000 feet.

This well is now on its way to being the Hydra with 4 or more heads. 3 drilled heads, and one head that has rabies.

Logic dictates what is happening.

So far everything I've stated about this well and what is happening with it has been confirmed by other sources. Shell's ex CEO could have been reading from my posts in his last interview.

BP is lying. Has lied the entire time. Their cap caps the only serious issue they have as a business - the leak in their stock price. This leak is their ONLY priority here. The spin they've put out the entire time makes them not even vaguely credible. The media people reporting about officials are probably stock holders, because they are lying on behalf of BP by making it seem like the government is saying these things when indeed the government and the coast guard have been showing every indication that they do not agree with BPs assessments.

BP is saying things that are not logical. They have been the entire time.

What I just described is utterly logical.

The well has a leak. The pressures are a clear indication of it. That BP is downgrading their target is not an indication that the original target pressure was incorrect.

The well has fractured its own pressure relief. That relief doesn't have anywhere to go but sideways and UP.

Logic dictates what is happening in the ground.

The wellbore has naturally fractured. The length I gave is a based on how far the well is from the original report of ONE of the leaks, and the surface to the producing formation. It probably isn't as neat as that. It probably meanders. It probably has side fractures. It probably is fractured in at a more diagonal than linear horizontal then straight up to the surface.

My guess is that the fracture is to a natural fracture in the canyon. Put I don't have any maps to look at the subsea geology, and the only ones I've seen only go to the methane deposit in the top sands.

[edit on 2010/7/20 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
BP is already moving the Goal Posts.
They said 9,000 PSI needs to be at the wellhead -- it's at 7,500 PSI;
STORY

I think there will be a lot of happy talk explaining any result. I'm not getting my hopes up -- but it would be really great if the oil stops flowing. I just don't think it will.

The WORST result is that if we go on with business as usual even if they manage to secure the well. As the search for oil goes deeper into the ocean -- the costs are only going to make cutting corners more of a temptation. And since these companies can "pay" as much as they want for candidates because of our fascist supreme court -- the government merely acts as cover for whatever they want to do.

Every state does its own regulations. The regulations are not consistent, and do not favour the owners of the resources - YOU.

Until the public demands that the feds and the states cooperate for a comprehensive set of regulations and directives with active management of CIVILIAN resources that are being LEASED to corporations, you will continue to have problems.

You own the resources. They are yours. You pay the state and the feds to manage them on your behalf. Currently the people with money are trying to make it seem like active management by the government is a terrible horrible thing, and that you should not trust them. You should trust them more than the people who have only a mandate to increase stock price and few consistent regulations to push being good corporate citizens.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
LMAO! I just freaking love this quote from www.foxnews.com...

Also, seepage from the seafloor was detected over the weekend less than two miles away, but Allen said it probably has nothing to do with the well. Oil and gas are known to ooze naturally from fissures in the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.

Are they serious? hahaha!

And they can confirm that. All they have to do is open the cap and see if the leak(s) decrease.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... The Olympic Challenger UHD 30 seems to be picking up seepage. Very light seepage but if you watch long enough you can see it. And what a coincidence and convenience: We cannot tell where that ROV is. Its camera also seems to be point just enough upwards so no one can see what is going on. Why does it seem they always park these tings over leaks/seeps and video tape whats happening around it, which is usually nothing? Either these people driving these things are drunk, high, or BP is telling them to do this. Given their history, I would not be shocked if it was all of those things.

EDIT: go figure...the camera moved away...again.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Gotta love canadians...always thinking outside the box to sovle problems...could have been a partial solution to BPOil washing up on the beaches.

video.google.com...#

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think it's clear who, or what, is running our world. The EPA told BP to stop using Corexit. BP refused. Bubbles coming out around the newest cap, first discussed right here at good ole' ATS, might be a problem. Our gov't wanted the cap removed. BP refused. They certainly don't want an accurate count on the millions of gallons that's destroying our Gulf. OUR Gulf. Americans are losing their way of life, losing their home, and definately taking a hit on their pride, having to belly up to the beast & keep their mouths shut to keep the only job in town.

None of this is adding up to anything good.

k

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Has everyone forgotten there has been discussion of at least 2 other "leaks" from the beginning? We've been given ROV TV to keep us focused on 'this "leak". It isn't a 'leak'. It never was. We all need to stop using the harmless little words we've been given to minimize the fact that this is a catastrophe the likes of which has never been seen before. Our world isn't going to magically recover. It has, or will, hit every single one of us. And folks, it's just begun. They slit both of Mothers wrists & are now trying to fix it with bandaids.

k

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
No it isn't as peachy as BP would have it.

Oil is not the "blood" of Gaia, and frankly as a Pagan I gotta tell you the people like you babbling like a combination of a schizophrenic bunnies and light tree hugging new age guru with paranoia symptoms SERIOUSLY annoys me.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
ATS really seems above the curve on this one, haven't we (the members of ATS) been reporting and speculating on this for a few weeks now?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
They need to drain this resevoir. Instead of killing it they should drain it dry. Conveert the relief wells into regular wells and just drain this thing. Line up super tankers and drain it dry so we dont have to worry about any damage BP has done deep below the ground. If we drain it we can use the oil and profits from the oil to clean up the gulf coast.

Draining it is the only way to be sure it wont continue to fracture deep in the earth and eventually release god knows what...speculation from other threads.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If you drilled hundreds and hundreds of wells into this reservoir, as close as you could for maximum production.....

It would still take many many many years to get to a point where this area reached a point where production would require enhanced recovery methods.

You can't drain it fast enough.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I believe the goal is indeed to convert the relief wells into regular wells, once they are used to seal the blown out one.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join