It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Picture: The Paul Villa Case, Mexico 1963

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
ATS Team:

I have changed the title of this thread because here, Atrofi has shown this picture is from the Paul Villa case (Mexico, 1963) , not the Michigan case (1966) as per the erronous information in UFO Case Book:

UFO Case Book Best UFO Pictures Page 2.

The issue now is whether or not Villa hoaxed this first series of photos, as per his known hoaxing of his second series of photos, as summarised in this post

I note both series are very different in quality & appearance.

Perhaps Villa hoaxed the second series because he enjoyed the attention he received from this first series, which could have been real.

Here’s one of the pictures that many years ago, first sparked my intense interest in this extremely difficult & complex area of UFO’s.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5decbdc8a888.jpg[/atsimg]

There appears to be considerable confusion surrounding the authenticity of this picture.

I also note the relationship of this picture with The Great Michigan UFO Chase of 1966 is also somewhat ambiguous.

I would be very interested to know what members think about this picture.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think it is a really cool picture..

do you know if it has been debunked or is it still up in the air.

(no pun intended)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
That looks like grandma's dinnerware. Seriously, it looks like like one of those silver dish covers. To me, this looks like a hoax.

--airspoon

Edit to add:

Something like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d869e749d2aa.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 16-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
I think it is a really cool picture..

do you know if it has been debunked or is it still up in the air.

(no pun intended)

Baddmove.....

I'm not sure exactly what conclusions have beed drawn about this picture.

That's why I've posted it.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
That looks like grandma's dinnerware. Seriously, it looks like like one of those silver dish covers. To me, this looks like a hoax. Something like this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d869e749d2aa.jpg[/atsimg]

Airspoon.....

I love the pic! You're a funny guy!

It could well be a hoax, because a "hoaxed picture" is mentioned by Hynek in his investigation. However, there is also mention of "real photos" in amongst the stories about the 1966 Michigan "flap", which included the "chase case" I linked to.

Here's another UFO pic from that same "flap":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ab7a6a81248.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That looks like a UFO in a womb!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyartist
That looks like a UFO in a womb!

Greyartist.....

Thank you for unique description of that picture!

Here are 2 drawings by witnesses to The Great Michigan UFO Chase of 1966.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cfc09711f2e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/352d5953292f.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this

I love these old black and white photos, they add to the mystery of the field. If they wanted to fake something back then, they would have to do a little more work than faking a picture today, they couldn't just simply cut and paste something in a photo. The photos from back then seem more clear than today's photos and the objects all seem bulky compared to the sleek objects of today. Seems like the UFO style changed with the car style over the years.

Being from Michigan and researching a number of the cases in Michigan, this was one of the incidents I wasn't to familiar with. After reading the report I will have to check the family tree and see if a Sheriff deputy mentioned in the report is in my family. I might be able to get you some more information regarding the case you linked to.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Very cool Pic hard to tell if its a hoax the light from the sky bleeds onto the craft and there are no visible lights in the pic.

I know some don't like Witness testimony, but when multiple witnesses see the same thing and something like this where there drawings match down to the texture detail makes me believe in the incident or sighting.

I do know everyone has their own opinion but that is also what is so great about witness' you can take all the perspectives and usually get a clear picture of weather its a collective story being told by all involved or these people really saw something and they dont know WTF it was so they go to the police and tell their story, does anyone know if these witness were questioned by Hynek I am just learning about him so forgive my ignorance.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/678caa3f2a68.gif[/atsimg]

Why do all the 50's and 60's UFO's look relatively the same?

[edit on 16-7-2010 by KIZZZY]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver

Being from Michigan and researching a number of the cases in Michigan, this was one of the incidents I wasn't to familiar with. After reading the report I will have to check the family tree and see if a Sheriff deputy mentioned in the report is in my family. I might be able to get you some more information regarding the case you linked to.

InvisibleObserver.....

That would be very interesting!

One of the issues with this picture is whether or not it's related to the "great chase" at all.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY

KIZZZY.....

You absolutely crack me up!

Now what's that mean.....?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

KIZZZY.....

You absolutely crack me up!

Now what's that mean.....?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Must everything have a meaning?
The yoyo looks like a UFO as well

except for the fact that the yoyo is identified........cries

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Photo from Britain in 1947..

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
There appears to considerable confusion surrounding the authenticity of this picture.

Yeah, well, to be honest there appears to be conciderable confusion on my part too, right now...

The picture you posted in your OP, where did you find that? I can't see it when I click the link you posted. IS the pic related to "The Michigan Chace of 1966" at all? Where is the source for the picture? Who was the photographer? When and where was the picture taken?

Sorry, but this is just too lazy, MMN....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I recognize that one! It's a BillyMeires UFO...see they all have the same

styles in that era eh?

Apparently the '2010' models appear as 'light orbs'.
Go figure!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Photo from Britain in 1947..

FireMoon.....

I've embedded your picture for convenient viewing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/426876d15cec.jpg[/atsimg]

I have also found some photos from Mexico that purport to show an object similar to that which is the subject of my thread.

I'm just looking into them a little more prior to posting them.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think the title of this thread should be:

Early 20th Century Models of UFOs

Yes? What choo think? Sound good to you?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I think the title of this thread should be:

Early 20th Century Models of UFOs

Really? I think the title of this thread should be:

"I am posting a random UFO pic without telling where I found it and without providing any background information whatsoever because I want to know what people think of it, and feel free to post pics of dogs with yo-yos so that we can make a big fat joke of the Aliens&UFOs forum at ATS".

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I just checked a book that I haven't read in over 10 years, and it has a few pages on the "Great Chase" case. In the book they related the case to other sightings in the area over a week long period of reported sightings, at the time following another incident days later, Gerald R. Ford and other Michigan congressmen demanded an investigation into what was being witnessed. The investigation was a short one day closed session on the matter and only called on three witnesses, one of the witnesses being a Air Force Secretary, who I don't think even witnessed any of the sightings. The investigation was quickly closed and their "quick fix" to the incident was swamp gas.

If your interested the book is called, Unexplained Michigan Mysteries, by Gary Barfknecht.

Sorry no photos in the book.

Here is a link to a bigfoot/UFO researcher in the area, Lisa Shiel. I don't know much about her, but you can contact her and ask if the picture you posted is related to the "Great Chase" incident, she might know.
backyardphenomena.wordpress.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join