It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China takes over the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have a prediction that china will invade most if not all of the world

by 2041 china will have aq stronger and richer economy than the USA
china has the largest military in the world
Around the time of the train crask in N. Korea China was having secret talks with the N. Korean P.M

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Where as it is true that China has the largest military in terms of numbers, it is (currently) no match for the US in terms of China invading the US. see link

www.cnn.com...

This may be somewhat nationalistic, But I think the Us has the strongest most modern military in the world.
In the open sea's I don't think China could take on the 7 battle groups currently at sea-with their navy, much less the rest of the US navy. On a fighter plane per fighter plane issue, I don't think China could take on the US airforce. If the issue was could the US invade China and win-don't think so. With conventional weapons, it would be hard to defeat 2.8 million man standing army, as we learned in the Korean conflict. I remember a story of when China got into the war. There was a machine gun post on the border and they saw wave after wave of chinese coming. They would mow them down until the Chinese had to stop and move the bodies aside to continue. They kept it up until they ran out of amo and had to retreat. Even if they are armed with pitch forks and knives, there are just too many of them to stop, using conventional weapons.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Does china have a navy? b/c if they dont theres no way in heel that they can take over the whole world! / well not the Us atleast

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This has been discussed on numerous other threads. China can protect itself really well, but other than small military operations in their own immediate area, they do not have the technology to "take over the world". I don't care how many soldiers you can field. They are useless if you can't get them to the battle and support them while they are there. Taiwan has a better navy than China does and more nuclear technology as well.

On a political level, where people are controled by fear (communism, totalitarianism) rather than self-interest (representitive goverments), there will never be the drive for the individual to succeed and this certainly carries over to those in military service on both sides. Do the Chinese PEOPLE have a desire to take over the world?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
China's true power lies in their economy, not their military and they know it.

I agree that within about 40 years China will be the world power, but I doubt that they will even need to take over anything to do so.

The Chinese Government has had to cap economic growth at 25% per year to keep the system in check. The genious of this though is that, baring any major unforseen event, they can keep this growth at a steady 25% for the next 12 years before reaching their production and consumption fronteers.

While China is building a very very large navy, which they hope will be more powerful than the Americans, I doubt they'll ever use it. They have more to gain by trading with other nations and slowly taking over their economies than by using force.

I think that instead of invading everyone they will first combine the Yuan with the currencies of ASEAN, creating a kind of EU of Asia, through which China will take control of the economies of all of South East Asia, producing the cheap goods that their markets will need once labour costs start rising in their own country and keeping control of the cheap export market. China has already signed a military and economic alliance with the Europeans and they have an economic alliance with America, assuring them access to the world's largest external markets for the forseeable future.

They also hold something over America's head that will keep the west from ever challenging them: China holds tons of the US government's debt. If the US ever gets uppity then the Dragon can just call the debt and bring the Americans to their knees without a shot.

The EU will not challenge China as they are fast becoming best friends and the EU is happy to ride the wave with the PROC.

Russia is no longer a global threat, they lack the money to even pay their troops let alone deploy them. I think that the rest of the world will continue to just let her rot rather than mess with her.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
someone needs to get rid of the asians....

They do nothing for the planet. They eat every living thing, care nothing for nature. Most species are going extinct because of them. They are a population growing way out of control. Same with india.

I fear the day when the chinese are the superpower, they will not be anything like the U.S. I hope the U.S never lets it happen.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I am sorry, why would you say somethin like someone needs to get rid of the Asians. They do many wonderful things for this world.

Though I have never been to China, I was stationed in Korea and have never seen a more gracious host. Could you please clarify your statement.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral City
They also hold something over America's head that will keep the west from ever challenging them: China holds tons of the US government's debt. If the US ever gets uppity then the Dragon can just call the debt and bring the Americans to their knees without a shot.

Um that doesn't make sense. China holds US debt in the form of bonds. China can't "call the debt" unless they bought a bunch of retractable bonds, in which case the retraction dates would be spread out and they couldn't cash them all in at once or have the flexibility to cash them in at an opportune time. That ignores the other inconvenient question -- just how many of China's American Government bonds are retractable.

someone needs to get rid of the asians....
Get rid of them as in commit genocide? Can I hear a hypothetical scenario of this happening (political, military, technical details)?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
pgs8113~

Your post sounds really racist, I hope you can clarify your ideas a bit more, because from where I stand it sounds like an ignorant attack upon some of the world's greatest cultures.

The United States is the current main polluter on the planet, while this may not directly kill species, it is trashing the planet.

China's population is currently stable, they are not growing way out of control, but the PROC will shrink back down to a billion people within 40 years if government programs work. India is growing, and will soon pass China as the world's most populous country, but there are nations with much higher birth rates, and eventually India's population will plateau.

You are right that a Chinese superpower would not act like the United States. The PROC is instituting an international policy called "passive superpower" that would keep China from making enemies as the US does, whithout sacrificing international power or influence. China will let their economy, not their military do the work for them, and as such they will be more liked and you will see a more live-and-let-live attitude comming from China regarding other nations. I for one, see this as a good thing.

Oh and sheatc, you're absolutely right about the Koreans, they make you feel quite welcome and are some of the friendliest people on the planet, same with the Thai, Japanese and most of all Chinese in my experence.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral City
The PROC is instituting an international policy called "passive superpower" that would keep China from making enemies as the US does, whithout sacrificing international power or influence.
~Astral

Hmm, I guess they're instituting this now as a difference from past behaviour, considering that they have land disputes with like almost every country near them (Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam over the Spratly Islands; Taiwan; India over border regions)... and with others (Pakistan, Tajikstan, Kazakhstan) have "resolved" the disputes by extending their borders... I will trust that the Chinese generals and unelected officials will be benevolent with their (hypothetical) new-found superpower status.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
I have a prediction that china will invade most if not all of the world

by 2041 china will have aq stronger and richer economy than the USA
china has the largest military in the world

You are partly right! The ritht section is China will definitely the one of the strongest nationa in the world by 2041 or earlier. The wrong section is by then China will take or invade most of the world, on the contrary, China will help the third world, such as African, Asian, middle-south American nations, to develop their economy in order to prosper together with China.
So, the west including US can not have one's full swing to the weak nations!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I can see china doing a power grab around asia, but i cannot see them taking over the world or most of it. Interesting prediction though

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I read that there is a conspiracy for the eventual destruction of the United States. It says it plans to disarm the population of the United States, then have China team up with Russia to eventually invade America. I think that it is possible in the future.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
China has no reason to take over the world. Starting a war would only weaken them, probably irretrivably. Trust me, the next World War will not be fought with weapons, only with money. China will rise as a greater power than us, but there's nothing wrong with that. We won't get any weaker, and the world economy will only progress. Of course, advocates of the "NWO" just got shudders down their spine, but I guess I'm too Zen to be worried. I think a one-world government will have as many benefits as drawbacks, and it won't be a police-state type government, because that would stifle the economy, and the people in power know that. The Liberterian in me shudders at the realization that there will most likely be more restrictions on freedom in the future, since technology's progression will force us to give up privacy, but it will all equal out in the end, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
ok sorry,

not genocide....get rid of them in the sense of from taking over the world as the original poster envisioned.

My statements regarding their population boom and extinction of species holds though. They are the single reason why tigers are almost extinct. They are the cause of sars (or spread of it), same with that chicken flu.

I never want to see them as a superpower.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You still sound a bit prejudiced. I mean, if we follow your thinking, Americans, Russians and Germans should be gotten rid of because they invented the first nuclear weapons. No race is more guilty of atrocities than any other.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I gotta agree with RockerDom here, the Asians have had their problems so have the Europeans, North Americans, Australians, Africans, and South Americans.

It is sad that the tigers are going extinct, they are truly beautiful creatures, but the peoples of every land have wiped out creatures as well.

It is true that SARS and several avian flus have started in China, but we see disease all over the world, it is not the fault of one people. Europeans wiped entire cultures off the globe by spreading smallpox durring the age of imperialism.

We all are guilty of something, don't judge an entire race, eracism man.

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Where as it is true that China has the largest military in terms of numbers, it is (currently) no match for the US in terms of China invading the US. see link

www.cnn.com...

This may be somewhat nationalistic, But I think the Us has the strongest most modern military in the world.
In the open sea's I don't think China could take on the 7 battle groups currently at sea-with their navy, much less the rest of the US navy. On a fighter plane per fighter plane issue, I don't think China could take on the US airforce. If the issue was could the US invade China and win-don't think so. With conventional weapons, it would be hard to defeat 2.8 million man standing army, as we learned in the Korean conflict. I remember a story of when China got into the war. There was a machine gun post on the border and they saw wave after wave of chinese coming. They would mow them down until the Chinese had to stop and move the bodies aside to continue. They kept it up until they ran out of amo and had to retreat. Even if they are armed with pitch forks and knives, there are just too many of them to stop, using conventional weapons.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by mrmonsoon]

Dude that article is over 5 years old.
Guess what has happened to Chinas army during these 5 years?
They put an man to space, new planes, boats and whatnot.

www.space.com...

Etc etc.

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Umfufu]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
We have no time and interesting in invade US and control the world,we love our lives,we can't do that,the army is protecting us not to be attacked from US.Oh,my god,why american always want war?!NO ONE has RIGHTS to take away other's lives by force!USE Your FINGERTIPS to THINK that it's CATASTROPHE for THE WORLD

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Astral City is right. Given that all factors remain as they are currently within the next 40 years China will become the biggest economic heavy weight on the entire planet. They will control ALL markets and will be able to affect every industry with a quick flick of a pen. Eventually even the mighty United States will have to bend to sanctions and trade agreements from China. We will be at the mercy of the Chinesse Goverment to the valuation of domestic or unionized currencies, ie the valuation of the Dollar or Euro vs the Won or whatever they decide to call their ratified Global Currency. They will simply become the lever in most countries and economies will succeed or fail based on China's support or neglect of them. Being the majority consumer on the planet, China will be able to out muscle every other country for price concessions. China will be able to do whatever it wants at that point with whatever resources available, otherwise the "invaded" country will risk total collapse as China simply "restricts" shipments of vital goods to that country based on the free market system. China will simply over pay and fully consume the goods therefore blocking the "invaded" country from access to those goods. The world would have to unite and create a new "taft" style anti-trust treaty that would regulate the manufactures output by country instead of by economic factors alone. And alas the model of Communisim just might succeed in the world as a matter of neccessity for countries to survive after the full weight of the Chinesse economy comes bearing down on the worl markets.

new topics

top topics

join