It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing News: Man shot in front of Conway police station, suspect arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Developing News: Man shot in front of Conway police station, suspect arrested

www.todaysthv.com

Two men in front of a Conway police station were arguing when one man pulled out a gun and shot the other.

Conway police report that the shooter has been arrested and the wounded man has been taken to a local hospital. Police have not yet released the identity or ages of the men. It is unknown what they were arguing about.

Today's THV reporter Katherina Yancy is headed to Conway and will have more on "Today's THV at 5:00 and 6:00" and todaysthv.com.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I just saw this and had to share it. That's pretty much the whole story there, and I'll update it when they have more info.

But I thought it was hilarious that this happened virtually on the steps of the police department.

I guess police can't begin to stop crime in the streets, if they can't stop it right in front of their "house".

I'd also like to add, that atleast in my city, 2 of the worse areas for drugs and crime are the 4-5 block areas that surround the PD and Sheriffs Dept.

www.todaysthv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I like the comment saying they were two off-duty cops who got into an argument.

Fits well with this:

Police: Off-Duty Officer Used Taser On Other Officer
KINGSTON, N.H. --
An off-duty Kingston police officer was arrested this week on charges of using his Taser on an off-duty Lawrence, Mass., officer.

Both men ended up in jail after the incident in Haverhill, Mass., late Tuesday.

Police said the Kingston officer, 26-year-old Joshua Wallar, was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Police said he was not authorized to use his Taser in Massachusetts. linky

Word is that one cop was beating up his girlfriend when the other cop was walking by. He went to break it up not knowing the attacker was himself a cop and got busted for assaulting a cop. How dare you stop a cop from beating up his pregnant girlfriend

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Nothing hilarious about a human being getting shot...
Another thing.... Usually when deciding where to put ANY new police station the decision of where to locate it is made on the availability of police protection and duration of response within a certain area.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

You missed the point, it was a pig that got shot. If this guy dies, nothing of value will be lost, and the crime problem in America will be a tiny bit smaller.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here is some updated information on the shooting, and the video of the shooting.

And I would like to apologize for my "hilarious" comment, maybe that wasn't the best choice of words. Tragically ironic possibly being a better fit.

Cortez Waller formally charged in Christopher Childress murder

UPDATE: Shooting video at Conway Police Dept. released

In the end its a tragic tale of infidelity. The wife/girlfriend cheated, the husband/boyfriend went to confront the "other man" and was gunned down. Already the "self defense" debate is starting. I personally can't see it being self defense in this case.

The gunman gets out of the car first, with the firearm and when the other guy runs up he guns him down like a coward.

I don't know the law 100%, but I don't think its ok to shoot people to stop from getting an ass kicking.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
The gunman gets out of the car first, with the firearm and when the other guy runs up he guns him down like a coward.

I don't know the law 100%, but I don't think its ok to shoot people to stop from getting an ass kicking.

If you pulled in on my car like that and came running at me, I will shoot you. At that point in time you are the aggressor and I will be justified.

top topics

join