It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Unpossible Future... The AGI Manhattan Project

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

thank you for clearing that up. S & F

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Great thread mate!

Yeah! I remember a couple of years ago when you posted about DARPA’s iXo Artificial Intelligence Control Grid - which really was an eye-opener for me about all this stuff.

So thanks for keeping us informed.

Will buy me some cold beer and escape from the summer heat to read through the mass of links which you've provided us with here, so I'll probably come back here again later with any comments & questions.

Great work my friend, well done! S&F

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
All I can say is, "Burn it, burn it with fire!" Last thing I want is some computer Omnius to tell me what to do and how to think. I doubt it'll water my garden for me, but of course if I'm plugged into the overmind I won't care about gardening, nature, or spirituality. I'd be some soulless entity only concerned with my own ego and satisfying the id. No thanks. This almost makes me pray for some cosmic EMP burst to knock our haughty a$$es back to the stone age. THEN I won't have to hear everyone complain about losing a signal when they hold their new iPhone the wrong way.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
First time poster long time watcher.. I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. It really upsets me that the ideals of freedom have gone out the window and history has been changed. The information is still there if we look for it.

We need to think about what can we do to roll some of these actions back. The thing that the elite need the most is money. After all that is why the Federal Reserve was created to enslave our government and forever use us as collateral. So therefore would not the simplest things that we can do be to never buy another thing on Credit? This whole brainwashing that credit is good is totally wrong and has only been pushed as a need for living within the last century. So if no consumer were to ever buy anything on credit the Federal Reserve and bankers would lose lots of power.

Then once people get their finances under control we can all opt out of giving money to social security since we will be in full control of our retirement since we have no bills except for the normal water, food, light...etc.. This will yank tons of money from government use.

Then a legal case needs to be made against the government yanking money for taxes from our pay. We do need to pay money for taxes but we do not need it taken away from us. We should be in full control of the money we have earned.

We also must stand for Freedom and Equal Justice. Whenever the government decides to take away Freedom or become selective with how they apply laws then we must be very vocal, the most vocal method of dealing with these issues is by voting the culprits out.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Op thank you for this.I believe you have nailed it.
Like the old proverb- a woodsman goes to the forest and starts chopping on a big tree. As the tree falls it yells out-you couldn't have hurt me except the ax was one of us.
I am happy you posted this but we need to get the word out.I think the best way to stop this nightmare is to have the people involved in it to turn against it.
If i knew how to give stars i would give you 5.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Obama, who likes to talk about innovation in technological revolutions, put one Zachary Lemnios as DoD Director of Defense Research & Engineering. This guy helped setup DARPA’s IPTO to spearhead the type of AI you see in the movies.

Microchip Man Named as Pentagon’s New Geek-in-Chief

“America risks being left behind in the global economy: Revolutionary advances in information technology, biotechnology, nanotechnology and other fields are reshaping the global economy. Without renewed efforts, the United States risks losing leadership in science, technology and innovation. ”

That's what Obama's campaign website said when he was elected (that's completely removed now).

The “Revolutionary” advances he’s talking about are Artificial General Intelligence (“information technology”), genetic engineering / synthetic biology & designer babies (“biotechnology”), and too much in terms of nanotechnology to sound-byte like the others. The “other fields” he mentioned is almost certainly the other field he didn’t mention, cognitive sciences.

Google is at the forefront of this thing, with as deep of governmental integration as is possible (literally), including today in the Obama administration.

Google CEO Eric Schmidt was on Obama's campaign team, and campaigned with him on the Obama jet, and was then immediately appointed 'Special Economic Advisor' on a panel of Federal Reserve and Goldman Sachs henchmen.

Other Obama administration Google employees:

Sonal Shah:

Sonal Shah works for Google.org on their Global Development team, where she is working on defining their global development strategy. Prior to Google.org, she was Vice President at Goldman, Sachs and Co. and developed and implemented the firm’s environmental strategy. She is also the co-founder of Indicorps, a U.S.-based non-profit organization offering one-year fellowships for Americans of Indian origin to work on specific development projects in India. As the former Associate Director for Economic and National Security Policy at the Center for American Progress, Sonal worked on trade, outsourcing and post conflict reconstruction issues. Prior to joining the Center, she was the Director of Programs and Operations at the Center for Global Development managing the daily operations and serving as a strategic adviser to the president. She also developed and managed policy and advocacy programs for the Center. Before that she worked for eight years at the Department of Treasury on various economic issues and regions of the world. She was the Director of the office covering sub Saharan Africa, worked in Bosnia and Kosovo after the war, and served as the senior adviser to the Under Secretary and Assistant Secretary at the Department of Treasury during the Asian financial crisis.
www.changemakers.com...

On April 2009, Shah was appointed director of the newly created White House Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation. [10] The objective of this office is to coordinate governmental efforts to aid innovative nonprofit groups and social entrepreneurs to address pressing social problems.[11] Shah is also working with the National Security Council to bring a global perspective to these efforts [10].
www.changemakers.com...

Andrew McLaughlin:

A former Googler--he was their Head of Public Policy--he's been hired by the Obama administration as the White House's Deputy Chief Technology Officer, invoking the wrath of a House Oversight Committee member in the process. Rep. Darrell Issa has written to Google to demand an explanation as to how McLaughlin could have "used his personal email account to engage in official business, including discussions on policy matters under his review with Google."

It's not the first time that Google's doings in Washington have hit the headlines--but perhaps it is the first time that Google is being attacked from all sides. Its lobbying spend for the first quarter of 2010--$1.3 million--was released three months ago, and set on by Consumer Watchdog's John Simpson. The non-profit, non-partisan organization has its own Inside Google website, which last week scored a hit on the firm via its data-collecting methods.

The report claims that national security may have been compromised by "WiSpy snooping," as a member of the Homeland Security Committee had a wireless network that "could have been breached by Google." The organization wrote letters (.pdf file) to Congressmen, including Jane Harman of the HSC, and described the breach as "one of the biggest wire-tapping scandals in U.S. history."

McLaughlin, whose appointment last month ruffled the feathers of a lot of people, is not the first person to swap Mountain View for a view from the Hill. Ex Google employees include Sonal Shah, head of the White House Office of Social Innovation, and its director of citizen participation, Katie Jacobs Stanton is bouncing back to the West Coast to head up Twitter's international strategy. And of course there's Eric Schmidt, who is an enthusiastic cheerleader of the FCC's National Broadband Strategy, as well as one of Obama's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.
www.fastcompany.com...

Katie Stanton:

Reporting from San Francisco — Katie Jacobs Stanton, a former Google Inc. veteran who took White House and State Department jobs in the Obama administration, is returning to California to join Twitter Inc.
Stanton worked on new-media strategies for President Obama's 2008 campaign, served as White House director of citizen participation and in December began helping the State Department use social media in international diplomacy and aid. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has focused on Internet freedom as an important plank of U.S. foreign policy.
www.latimes.com...

[edit on 15-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm all for Transhumanism...

I'm all for the Technological Singularity...

I have spent my whole life looking forward to the technologies you have pointed at... I can't wait to reach my 250th birthday and still be a spring chicken... I am looking forward to having questions and being able to interrogate all of human knowledge in a fraction of a nanosecond... I am waiting the day when I can shape my own reality with ultra-definition.

Why do I get the impression that there are many that think this is a bad thing??

Humanity is about to evolve into something else, something better...

Korg.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
That 482 page document-event, titled Converging Technologies for Improving Human Performance, Newt Gingrich did a key keynote presentation, and in it he refers to our current era in time as the “Age of Transitions”:

We are starting to live through two patterns of change. The first is the enormous computer and communications revolution described above. The second, only now beginning to rise, is the combination of the nanotechnology-biology-information revolution. These two S curves will overlap. It is the overlapping period that we are just beginning to enter, and it is that period that I believe will be an Age of Transitions.

Focusing on computers and communications is only the first step toward understanding the Age of Transitions. While we are still in the early stages of the computer-communications pattern of change, we are already beginning to see a new, even more powerful pattern of change that will be built on a synergistic interaction between three different areas: the nano world, biology, and information.

The sciences have reached a watershed at which they must combine in order to advance most rapidly. The new renaissance must be based on a holistic view of science and technology that envisions new technical possibilities and focuses on people. The unification of science and technology can yield results over the next two decades on the basis of four key principles: material unity at the nanoscale, NBIC transforming tools, hierarchical systems, and improvement of human performance.

www.wtec.org...

Decades ago he was allied with Al Gore's "Atari Democrats", and futurist Alvin Toffler, which had left a lot of people scratching their heads as to why he was the top "Republican" for so long.

Gingrich revealed to Congress: “For a long time, I have been friends with Alvin and Heidi Toffler, the authors of ‘Future Shock’ and ‘The Third Wave.’ (3)

“I first began working with the Tofflers in the early 1970s on a concept called anticipatory democracy. I was then a young assistant professor at West Georgia State College, and I was fascinated with the intersection of history and the future, which is the essence of politics and government at its best.

“For twenty years we [who's we?] have worked to develop a future-conscious politics and popular understanding that would make it easier for America to make the transition from the Second Wave civilization [the one our Founders gave us] – which is clearly dying – to the emerging, but in many ways undefined, Third Wave civilization [Alvin Toffler's Centrist Utopia].

“The process has been more frustrating and the progress much slower than I would have guessed two decades ago. Yet despite the frustrations, the development of a Third Wave political and governmental system is so central to the future of freedom and the future of America that it must be undertaken.” (4)

So central, so critical indeed, that Mr. Gingrich put the book on a recommended reading list for members of Congress and all Americans. And mind you, he wouldn’t let go of it. In speech after speech and press conference after press conference Gingrich referred to “The Third Wave” as “the seminal work of our time.” (5)

For those who hadn’t read it or who knew nothing about the Third Way/ Third Wave (he used both names) Gingrich delivered a few extra hints of where the Third Way was taking him.

“While I am a Republican leader in the Congress, I do not believe Republicans or the Congress have a monopoly on solving problems and helping America make the transformation necessary to enter the Third Wave information revolution. Democratic mayors like Norquist in Milwaukee and Rendel in Philadelphia are making real breakthroughs at the city level. Some of the best of Vice President Gore’s efforts to reinvent government nibble in the right direction. …” (6)
www.themoralliberal.com...

After he resigned right while Bill Clinton was being impeached, he went on to stand together with Hillary Clinton in setting up computerized health records:
www.projo.com...

Maybe that was for the best....

July 2010:
Newt Gingrich: 'I've Never Been This Serious' About Running For President

[edit on 15-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Really?
What percentage of humanity are you talking about?
One hundred percent?The peasant in India? The hamburger flipper in Detroit?The majority will be pawns used by the controllers to further the interests of the controllers.
The sad truth is that we do not have the resources to spread this new techno enlightenment to all of humanity. Or even the majority of the White west.
What we will have is a tier system of control and resource allocation-a new caste system for those deemed worthy of survival.Which I dare say won't include most of us or our children.
After that when all survivors are plugged in you have a perfect oligarchy with no chance of ever breaking out. No revolution no public protest.A perfect world for the ruling elite.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Awesome post! I am a proponent for transhumanism, but not for the nefarious reasons and results that the M.I.C. is after.
Unfortunately, the elites who have the power and money will benefit from this new paradigm. This is very dangerous.
Radical life-extension is right around the corner, but it will be for a certain group who has the means. Immortality thru transhumanism will be for the elite.
Thank you for posting all this information. I will have to sit down for a couple of hours and research all your links and references.

Metron

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JetStream

The sad truth is that we do not have the resources to spread this new techno enlightenment to all of humanity

No? But there are many more of us then them. Additionally, even though government is involved in the research, the world is a much smaller place then during the manhatten project for example. For every Google, there are thousands of other entities learning, researching and discovering...you can only keep things a secret for so long.

It will start with the oligarchy, but it won't stay there.

I agree with Korg.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've said this before on ATS, but your nicely put-together thread gives it far (in reverse) more credibility than any former thread.

The ETs with their vastly superior knowledge of how civilizations advance and decline across the Universe have doubtlessly given our crucial world leaders a stern message if not exact orders.

The gist of which is to control ourselves or we will will kill ourselves entirely by our own hand even without the need to use nuclear weapons.

In the short term before the UN becomes powerful enough, the US will be--as it has been and is--the world's police force (like it or not, warts and all) it works where nothing else does at this stage.

We can surmise that consumable water, food and clean air are paramount cornerstones to a sustained civilization. Human rights will be secondary to the whole.

We in the West find that difficult to accept. Compliance to global rules will be the order of the day. And we are just seeing the dawning of that agenda.

The future holds a lot of promise...just not the way we had figured.

It is as simple as that.
(Everything else, political, etc. is a subhead.)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Bill Clinton:

The film Exploring Life Extension quotes Bill Clinton as saying, in reference to the Genome Project, as:
"We want to live forever, and we're getting there."

Al Gore:

At the SC09 (Supercomputing 2009) conference, Gore, the main keynote speaker at the event, in his speech titled "Building Solutions - Energy, Climate and Computing for a Changing World", said:

"It seems like a very long time ago now since I was in the House and the Senate, working on legislation related to supercomputing," Gore said. He reminded everyone that he was at the first SC event in 1988, when he was a senator from Tennessee - home to the "Jaguar" 1.76 petaflops Opteron-Linux super that now ranks number one in the world - and had just left the House Science Committee that had funded much of national supercomputing labs and the high-speed Internet links between them.
www.theregister.co.uk...

And more importantly:

"Supercomputing has given us the most powerful tool in the history of civilisation," Gore said. "It has become a third basic form of knowledge creation, alongside inductive reasoning and deductive reasoning. Computational science, in some ways a blend of the first two, allows us to vastly extend our ability to understand phenomena and complex realities, and investigate new complex realities that would never be possible except for the ability conferred upon us by supercomputing."
Climate modelling aided by supercomputing, however, can "make impossibly large phenomena small enough to see, and impossibly small phenomena large enough for us humans to see," and thus induce the type of visceral reactions that spur political change, Gore said.

"That has profound implications for how we approach the interface between this incredibly powerful tool you are continuing to develop, and the political decisions that have to be made based on computational science," Gore said. "One of the remaining challenges is how we as human beings individually, and for my purposes collectively in democracy and political systems relate as human beings to the incredibly powerful tool of supercomputing."
news.techworld.com...

Ever since he quietly 'lost' the 2000 election, he's been serving on the Senior Board of Directors at Google, and Apple Computer since 2003.
LINK

1986 “National Science Foundation Authorization Act”, which was, in part, for the establishment of a global warming policy. What’s typically overlooked is the 2nd part of that same Act that was for the drive for the NSF/DARPA “supercomputing” program, which was a keystone event in what became the Internet as we know it today.

Then, only 2 years later, in 1988, Gore argued to:

“ESTABLISH A HIGH-CAPACITY NATIONAL RESEARCH COMPUTER NETWORK, DEVELOP AND DISTRIBUTE SOFTWARE, DEVELOP ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE PROGRAMS,“

Al also campaigned for U.S. President that year, and according to him, his main goal of that campaign was more about increasing awareness of global warming than it was about actually winning.

Today Google enjoys perhaps the deepest government integration in history, with their primary operations being centered around AGI, and Apple just bought DARPA's Skynet precursor from SRI.

In 2005, in front of nearly 2,000 people at Stanford's Memorial Auditorium, Al Gore had then also appealed to massive supercomputers as being the savior from global warming.

The audience was filled with Silicon Valley luminaries: Apple's Steve Jobs; Google's Larry Page and Eric Schmidt; Internet godfather Vint Cerf; Yahoo!'s Jerry Yang; venture capitalists John Doerr, Bill Draper, and Vinod Khosla; former Clinton administration defense secretary William Perry; and a cross section of CEOs, startup artists, techies, tinkerers, philanthropists, and investors of every political and ethnic stripe.

The goal: to enlist the assembled leaders in finding market-driven, technological solutions to global warming and then, in quintessential Silicon Valley style, to rapidly disseminate their ideas and change the world. "I need your help here," an emotional Gore pleaded at the end of the evening. "Working together, we can find the technologies and the political will to solve this problem." The crowd fell hard. "People were surprised," says Wendy Schmidt, who helped organize the event and, with her husband, Google CEO Eric Schmidt, supported Gore's 2000 presidential campaign. www.wired.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Thank you OP for an informative post. S+F.

You have highlight many things that are going on around us all. The only thing is pretty much everyone who visits ATS already knows or has an idea regarding what you have highlighted, the challenge is reaching them that still have their eyes closed.

I believe/hope your thread might reach some of these people.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
I'm all for Transhumanism...

I'm all for the Technological Singularity...

I have spent my whole life looking forward to the technologies you have pointed at...

Go for it... but first we have to stop this tyrannical system that has no intentions of letting outsiders participate, and intend to enslave us all with it.

Originally posted by Aliensun
The ETs with their vastly superior knowledge of how civilizations advance and decline across the Universe have doubtlessly given our crucial world leaders a stern message if not exact orders.

At first I thought you were going to say that ET's gave them the technology, but you didn't and I'm not too sure what you mean by that?

But the answer tot he technology theory (ET's giving us our tech's is an old claim) the Law of Accelerating Returns effectively proves that we didn't need aliens for get this far.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Absolute Information Overload.

I'm attempting constructive criticism here:

The amount of time it would take me to go through the entire OP, and then to actually attempt to vet or check or research the sources would be enormously futile.

A point is best made through simple, direct, and CLEAR communication. The old adage "less is more" holds true when describing things like this.

You would have made your point much clearer if simply stating your initial assertion and conclusions - only presenting the monumental level of research upon request (and only specifically targeted to the questions) - very clearly in one simple post.

As it is I feel more that you're trying to baffle me with bull shoot and cover any inconsistencies or holes in your theory with info overload.

IMHO.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by gncnew]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Of course we out number them. This is how they control the us.
Would you be just as for this transhuman-post homosapien technocracy if you,your family, and everyone you know are not invited to the party?

The second issue is once this starts, there is no turning back and no recourse.If you can be neutralized with basically a bit of code and tracked 24/7 just how exactly will you undo this?

I seriously hope you are correct. But I think the groups and people who are pushing such things really dont care about us that much.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
I can't wait to reach my 250th birthday and still be a spring chicken... I am looking forward to having questions and being able to interrogate all of human knowledge in a fraction of a nanosecond... I am waiting the day when I can shape my own reality with ultra-definition.

I want those things too. But the more I find out about it, the more those strings attached are looking like nooses.

I want to be my own master foremost.

I want advances (technological and social) that support me in my endeavour to be free and independent. Anything that works against that, I don't want, even if it allows me to live indefinitely.

I do not want to be told that if I want to remain secure and enjoy certain privileges tailor limited to my individual traits, I must assume the role of obedient subordinate (to the state, an employer or to the enormously complex laws of commerce). That's currently the harsh reality though, so shouldn't our taxes be used to try and figure out how to reverse this barbaric paradigm?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Go for it... but first we have to stop this tyrannical system that has no intentions of letting outsiders participate, and intend to enslave us all with it.

So what you're trying to say is that these technologies are the preserve of only the Elite??

I beg to differ.

The very nature of these technologies is collaboration. The Idea that the Elite will not allow us commoners to access the info is hysterical. The moment a true breakthrough comes we will all know about it, it will spread across the globe like an unstoppable fire.

If what you suggest is true then don't you think the advances you are talking about would all be kept totally under wraps? We wouldn't even know about them.

Yes the Singularity is coming and yet we will all have the abilities you mentioned and yes we will have the chance to live for a very very long time...

All that are alive today that do not get culled by accident or disease will have access to this transhumanisation.

The very nature of Transhumanism is anti-capitalistic in so much as it empowers all those that are changed. But you miss understand how the Elite work...

They do not have direct power to stop anything directly. All the Elite does is sway situations into their favour with little nudges and pushes.

Do you think the elite for example would want a global network of free information developed (also known as the internet lol) so that their activities could be traced and tracked?? and that the littel people could become aware and empowered??

I bet if you were to talk to a conspiracy theorist in the early 80's whether they thought the elite would allow the internet to exist they would say no way...

Yet here we are with the total culmination of human knowledge at our finger tips...

So I say transhumanism is going to happen and you and I will have the chance to join it.

Korg.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Star and Flag for you. Excellent post. I'm still reading and it's likely I'll still be digesting for the next few days. While I am sure I will not agree with you on all points, I do suspect you hit close to the mark on most of your topics. Thanks for your hard work. Posts like this are why I keep coming to ATS.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join