It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Will Survive: Dancing Auschwitz (what do you ATS members think?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I watched this video and almost flipped.

Now I maybe wrong, maybe I'm behind on the times, or not too "progressive" or whatever but, i dont think that dancing to "I Will Survive" inside Auschwitz is a "nice thing" to do. Apparently this gentleman claims to be a survivor of the death camp. Apparently this is his way of "celebrating" life.

What do you people think? Is this in poor taste? A mockery? Despicable?

I dunno about you folks here on ATS, but to me, dancing in a place where over one MILLION people were exterminated, to "I will survive" is just mindblowing. Can you people imagine for example survivors of 9/11 dancing at Ground Zero like this? Or Pearl Harbor survivors dancing on the Arizona Memorial?

I dont care what this guy's excuses or justifications are, I think he's just senile.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's just that some people have nothing at all better to do...it's in bad taste

This is just not humour

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

I guess it is of questionable taste but then on the other hand it would be good to see the prison used as a magnificent outdoor amphitheater, like they have in Italy, to show plays and host world famous orchestras.

To turn something horrible and associated with the most gruesome death, into something beautiful and life affirming.

As these dancing Israeli soldiers have tried to do...

Gotta say... I love it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If you cant move on from something that happened 60 years ago, there is a good chance you are waaaaaaay too serious of a person. If you were not in the death camps yourself, or in some way involved with them, you shouldnt be offended.

While it is one of the worst things man has ever done to itself, I think its time to let it go. Let those affected by it deal with it in their own way. If he wants to do it like that, who are you to judge him? What right do any of us have to judge him?

Let the man laugh, light him be light-hearted, let him celebrate his way. Its not like any of us are getting out of life alive, so we might as well have a little fun while we are here.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If the guy really is a survivor of Auschwitz, I think it was fine for him to do it. Its funny, just think of all the Nazis that would be rolling in the graves to see a former prisoner dancing in the camp to this song.

If he really had no experience with Auschwitz, then I would think it was wrong. But I think its cool, hes really giving all those old nazis and anti-semetics the finger.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by State of Mind

That is true, although it would have been even funnier if he danced in Berlin in the area where Hitler is believed to have killed himself. Now THAT would have been a hilarious site.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I will survive...

A Classic.

I prefer the Alien version.

Won't let me embed...here's the link:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by SonoftheSun]

[edit on 14-7-2010 by SonoftheSun]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

GOOD for HIM!
I hope Hitler spent a particularly miserable day in HELL watching this fellow and his grandchildren dance in open victory and joy.
Again, I say:

GOOD FOR HIM!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ok so the Jews that did that dance where of old and young. If they want to dance a Jig at the concentration camp, I say: That they have earned that right and may do whatever they please.

Don't care if I am against the grain here....but if your not Jewish, you should SHUT UP.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I loved it. A survivor, dancing with his grandchildren, celebrating life, and spitting in the face of his jailors. He refuses to be a victim. The camps are empty and he's alive! Gotta love Jewish humor.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I didn't find it offensive at all. And I sure didn't find it funny neither.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicketyCricket
If you cant move on from something that happened 60 years ago, there is a good chance you are waaaaaaay too serious of a person. If you were not in the death camps yourself, or in some way involved with them, you shouldnt be offended.

While it is one of the worst things man has ever done to itself, I think its time to let it go. Let those affected by it deal with it in their own way. If he wants to do it like that, who are you to judge him? What right do any of us have to judge him?

Let the man laugh, light him be light-hearted, let him celebrate his way. Its not like any of us are getting out of life alive, so we might as well have a little fun while we are here.

I tried to say this.

You said it better.

join