It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem honors the spy Pollards 9000th day in prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Here is an american with dual citizenship (Israeli) who spied for Israel (our ally?) The secrets he stole were sold to the soviets by the Israelis. As a result 12 of our agents were outed and killed. OK, thats the general background.

Apparently the Israelis believe they can convince Obama to release this traitor and allow him to go to Israel for a hero's welcome. As for me, I wish him an extremely long life, all of it spent in prison!

www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by gem_man]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So he should spend the rest of his life in prison? He was working for his country, just like anyone that goes to war works for their countries, kill a bunch of people then come home. Meanwhile the source of the problem is not taken care of, if this man rotting in prison will make you feel better, then perhaps you should pursue other means of happiness. I am neither for nor against it, but vengeance isn't my thing. Just my opinion though.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mattias

Pollard is an American citizen. His spy activities on the part of Israel (dual citizen) caused the deaths of 12 American agents. It is not revenge just simple justice.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Here is a link to your story.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mattias

I thought they just shot spies...

Would work out better for everyone..

BTW, if he held dual citizenship then he should have been tried as a traitor..

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about this chap rotting away. The real issue is that Israel not only steels from its few friends but is also happy to profit by handing over your secrets to the Soviets (and during the Cold War!).

If this could occur with so called "Rogue elements" within their Intelligence community, then I ask you all this: Could these same 'rogue elements' have planned and carried out 911?

new topics

top topics

join