It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stroboscope like blue/green lights in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hi guys i just saw some weird lights in the sky when i went for a smoke.

I looked at the sky and what i saw was unusual.

I saw lights flashing but not from an airplane or helicopter, these lights where stationary and sometimes moved very quickly to one direction and were back at the original spot after just a blink of an eye without any trails of movement or so, after a while the light went out and i quickly ran inside to get my cellphone to record it because i dont have a camera.

i live ina dorm and on the hallway i met a friend from the room next to mine and i told her what i saw and asked her to come with me and see if its still there.

So i got back out and tried recording the light but my cellphone could not record the light i think because of the lights around me, all i got was blackness.

So a minute later my friend came outside and we stood there for about 10 minutes or so and the light started moving slowly and occasionally it seemed to split up into two or three lights, my friend said they are green and i saw them as blue so thats why i say green/blue lights.

The lights appeared to flash very rapidly like a stroboscope and at some point it looked as if multiple lights extended downwards towards us.

The sky was almost clear with just a few clouds and when i first saw it it was inside of a cloud then when the cloud went past the object it kept shining for a while and then faded out.

The same thing when i watched it witrh my friend teh second time, it appeared inside the clouds and outside of them, when in the clouds it looked like it had blue haze around it so i guess it wasnt something from the ground as i could see it inside the clouds and even if no clouds where there it was visible, then after one cloud went by the light it went dimmer and then appeared like a star until it vanished completely.

My question is, did anyone else see something similair?
And what could that have been?

I posted in this section because as of yet it is an unidentified flying object so if needed just move it.

Thanks for reading.

Please refrain from calling hoax or whatnot i want to keep this descussion as civil as possible.

I dont know what it was and i dont make any claims, i just tell you what i saw and hope someone has an explanation.

Thanks again,

Impetus

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
No offense OP (and I certainly don't mean to begrudge your story) but without photos, videos or recordings, this kinda stuff belongs on FaceBook.

I know that sounds mean but, if everyone posted a thread about what they saw with nothing interactive (tangible) for the audience to experience then, this becomes nothing more than a glorified public diary!!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
No offense taken, thats why asked if anyone saw something similair or something like it.

And because of no pics or so i didnt make any claims, i just wanted to ask if anyone knows what that could be.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It sounds like a peculiar event. I disagree, things like this do not solely belong on Facebook, it is good to discuss what the OP saw because it was out of the ordinary.

I'll be honest, first thing that came to my mind after reading your account was the beginnings of a massive Solar Flare event. They say that you will begin to see something similar to northern lights, maybe that was it, the flare just wasn't massive enough to destroy us all, either that, or the big wave hasn't landed.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Impetus

What do you think it might have been?

I wonder if it is connected to what you were experiencing back in May, (your other thread)?

Are you willing to tell us your general location?

Star & Flag to you for sharing your experience. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
hi thanks for your responses, my location is germany in the north.

I solved it.

It was a green laser lol
i went out again to see if i can find a spot where i can get a piture or video without too much light messing up the picture.

So after i walked a few streets and reached a park i saw a beam of light( at my location in the park where no other lights so i could see the sky very clearly, i went towards the light and reached a geological part of the local university and guess what on one of the rooftops there was the source of the beam that ends in the light i saw lol

Well yea now the question is why are they shining a laser into the sky?

Maybe as a point of reference for star watching or something?

Greets,

Impetus

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impetus

Lasers are used for astrophotography. Because of heat differentials, the atmosphere "boils" and moves around, so they shoot a laser up and record how the laser is disturbed in the atmosphere. Then they create a "realtime filter" that reverses everything that happened to the laser (because the normal laser is absolutely steady, so they can easily compare the difference). Then they apply this "realtime filter" to the mirror of the telescope taking the photographs, and let it move the mirror, and cancel out the movements of the starlight caused by the "boiling" sky. As a result, the starlight is "corrected" by subtracting the "boiling atmosphere," and the resulting photograph is sharp, rather than blurry from the "boiling" sky.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Booker’s

Originally posted by Impetus

Lasers are used for astrophotography. Because of heat differentials, the atmosphere "boils" and moves around, so they shoot a laser up and record how the laser is disturbed in the atmosphere. Then they create a "realtime filter" that reverses everything that happened to the laser (because the normal laser is absolutely steady, so they can easily compare the difference). Then they apply this "realtime filter" to the mirror of the telescope taking the photographs, and let it move the mirror, and cancel out the movements of the starlight caused by the "boiling" sky. As a result, the starlight is "corrected" by subtracting the "boiling atmosphere," and the resulting photograph is sharp, rather than blurry from the "boiling" sky.

Hey thank you for your info, sounds interessting!
I will do some research on the laser and if i get some time i will go to the uni and ask them a few questions

Thanks all and have a nice summer day

top topics

join