It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] I--I Just Want to Celebrate !! Yeah Yeah

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
****runs in house,.. closes and locks all doors,..draws all curtains and blinds,...****
****takes phone off hook,...peeks outside for any suspicious looking 5's,....****

***and commences to dance and sing and run around rooms in underwear!***

Well, I am officially allowed to, and finally glad I can announce that,

I HAVE FOUND THE FIRST RING !!

YES, these Rings ARE REAL, and are Real AWSOME !
( and yes, there IS a WORD WITHIN ).
(I will be borrowing a cam and posting an image or two in the next day or two to show it off.)

***again peeking out the window for suspicious 5's***

I really need to thank the board admin and hunt admin for allowing this, for without them, none of this would be possible for any of us. Those sneaky guys also over at www.SportzTawk.com for hosting this stashed ring in their threads in the Billiards Room. My Mom & Dad, the Neighbors Dog, and my washing machine for supplying clean clothes now and then.

Last but by far not least, ALL the members of ATS. Without the members, several of the clue's would have been much much more difficult to solve. (If I could have solved them all without your help). And the hunt would not have been near as fun without many of you. For this reason, I will avidly reciprocate, as the hunt continues. (Sorry 5 this does not include you
)

This was quite a month for this hunt, as I'm sure you will all agree. These clues were not all that easy sometimes, and I suspect they are only going to get harder. Yes there is an interesting and a bit funny story on how it all went down, and am thinking about resurrecting my blog for this purpose.

I will tell you this,..when deep.access stated I was a winner, I was afraid to touch the mouse for fear of accidentally making it all go away. But I did, and it didnt.

And a phrase comes to mind over and over from Rare Earth,..

I just want to celebrate, yeah, yeah !!!
A ring 5 will NEVER see!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
good on you, congrats

is the ring itself quite valuable ?

tell us how you solved it, clever old you

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
He he!

Congrats Smirkley, well done to you!

As you was someone we was trying to draft in our team i'm quite pleased you won.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
****sits down and rests from doing the Irish Jig and the Icky Shuffle at the same time****

I tell you this, it almost didnt happen for me. Seemed like everything was going wrong for awhile. My PC HD crashed, losing some hunt data I had stored, as well as taking me offline for a couple of days near the end of Phase I. Also the fact that I didnt know of the automated method of decoding the codes, and resorted to figuring it out on a pile of paper manually, like theMatrix did. (You should see the stack of printouts, post-it's, and hand scribbled notes on my desk.) I tried tracking so many directions and thoughts that I found myself suspecting EVERYTHING was a clue or related to the hunt.

A couple of times I had to just sit back and clear the brain from overload. A cold one now and then seemed appropriate too to keep me from banging my head on the keyboard too much.

***still smirkin' broadly***

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hey, great job, Smirkley! Congrats! Just don't forget us little people, you "captain of enlightenment!"

One question, though: did you get the mail in your underwear, or did you take your clothes off after going inside? Just curious behavior either way.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Good job smirkley!

Did I help you much with the blue balls?

That ring might be even nicer than 20,000 points!

Can I have the word as a consolation, like you got your 2,000?

(In jokes).

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
congrats smirk keep on smirkin ..........................

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
LOL! CONGRATULATIONS! U little biatch, we all knew it was u! (Well at least 5/-5- was!) LOL! Congrats again... guard it with your LIFE!!

AS they say... things always happen for a reason... !!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurdueNuc
One question, though: did you get the mail in your underwear, or did you take your clothes off after going inside?

You know, I really dont remember now that you mention it. I had my ring on my finger also though.

I forget nobody of any size, and there are three more 'captains' out there somewhere waiting to be discovered still.

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
That ring might be even nicer than 20,000 points!

It is well worth more than the 20k points to me, and thanks for remembering.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Our first Captain of Enlightenment has been rewarded. Quite a pleasure considering the intelligence and pleasent nature of our first Captain I might add.

There is MUCH to be done however, much remains to be had, discovered and thwarted.

Who among you will be our next Captain of Enlightenment? Who among will win the day and hold the gold?

Interesting times within which we live to be sure.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
congrats.... Now it is off to the world of never never land to push one more ring closer to the nest!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUNT_ADMIN
Who among you will be our next Captain of Enlightenment? Who among will win the day and hold the gold?

Oh, ME ME ME ME ME!!!! I want to be a captain of enlightnment too!

Hey, Smirkley should get that as his member status! Forget being a scholar/fighter/writer - "Captain of Enlightenment" would be cool!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Sorry, just thought I'd bump it once again before calling it a day.

Thanks everybody!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Congratulations Smirkley! Your happiness is making me smile.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Oh, that "captain of enlightenment" banner is way too cool! Forget the ring, I just want one of those!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I am SO glad, that an ATS user got the first ring... and not some bloody lurker... yeah u heard me peeps...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Way to go smirkley, congrates on getting the first ring.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
good job bro

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
why does the top of this thread have a "find the rings" link?

(right above the first post)

---Pineapple

oh and congrats on finding the ring!

[edit on 17-6-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

God

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Pineapple,

That's because the top post is from Smirkley

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join