It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ITS (Edit:Maybe) FIXED!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I hope it is fixed. But if they do fix it why did they say it may not ever be fixed except by relief wells.
if this cap works why was it not used in the first place .
is it an off the shelf regular cap ,is it the type of cap what they would of used when the well was no longer used. was it built in case this happened .
who made it .how long to make one working 24/7.
if they fix this as easy as 1 2 3 now after all the destruction.well im very susp/but i dont know about oil rigs .but lots of people fanned the doom from DC saying allsorts and now a normal cap can be screwed on .what about the enormous pressure jet ,sinking sea floor

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It does look deceptively like its fixed but again we are not seeing all angles of the pipe. Kinda makes you wonder why they waited so long to do this in the first place...

Also how do we know for sure how the pressure is acting against it?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by impyroo

It would appear they had to hastily assemble this new 'capping device' they are workign on at the moment. Just like all the other crap. they just have ZERO interest in preparing for the worst case scenarios when they expect the public to end up with the clean up tab. So they have up-to-the-minute awesome technology for getting the oil, but basically duct tape and elbow grease to fix any problems.

We need MUCH more regulation of these industries if we are going to consume their products.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
excuse my ignorance, but isn't the pipe already leaking beneath the ocean floor?
will this not just force more oil out through the fissures?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I am also unclear on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although i suspect they are actually going to capture the oil, not close it off, as they claim, because of the failure down pipe.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I posted a response to your other thread Justadood.

As for anything going on with the well right now, it is truly best to keep up with the other thread, the Up to the minute one. There are lots of knowledgeable people there who can answer questions almost any hour of the day. I thank you for acknowledging my contributions, and I in turn acknowledge JustMike, Thistld, Divinorumus, and others for theirs.

Earlier today I posted an animation that shows what is going to happen in a step by step manner with the new system, and it also explains what each component is.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
sorta looks fixed here. However it could be that since the angle is the same as before, now it's above the line of view. This set of feeds has consistently been showing gushing.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Sorry to delay any of gods chosen people.

has the side well found it's target yet and won't we have oil being pushed out from the pipe once they hit it.

Originally posted by westcoast
I agree. While I hope as much as the next person for this to be contained, it's cruel to give some people false hope.

Please change the title to reflect what is really going on.

For the past 2 months we have had a lot of drama queens declaring the end is here so maybe you could forgive this one little incident if indeed it proves to be wrong.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i'll need to catch up on the other threads, but if the pipe is leaking below the sea floor i'm only picturing gushers elsewhere now, everywhere the rov's are not aiming their cameras.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I say they just don't want to show the leak now because it is free flowing at this point and they don't want more people calculating the oil flow.

It's pointless to aim a camera on the oil flow. We all know it's leaking. The only reason we were able to watch the oil flow before is because they weren't necessarily aiming the camera at the oil but rather the BOP. They are still watching the BOP now.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My god, the psi gauge says 60000 or was it 6000?

That is insane pressure. Imagine, our water pipes in the house are 50-75psi. a Pressure washer is 1000-4000 psi. (consumer versions)..

Crazy.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
My god, the psi gauge says 60000 or was it 6000?

That is insane pressure. Imagine, our water pipes in the house are 50-75psi. a Pressure washer is 1000-4000 psi. (consumer versions)..

Crazy.

Earlier it was around 4500 then got to a little over 6000. I'm curious as to why it's changing and how high it will go.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I told you ... its maybe fixed .......

YAHOO NEWS LINK

"The test will likely last anywhere from 6-48 hours or more depending on the measurements that are observed," said Admiral Thad Allen, the former Coast Guard chief who is leading the US government's response to the crisis.

If the pressure readings are high enough, BP officials have suggested the valves will be kept shut, effectively sealing the well.

Sealing the well .......

Then they will attach there nice little hose's or whatever they use and syphon off as many dollars as they can ...

lots of the waters around the R.O.V are quite a nice color since this thing went on...

i am still calling FIXED and sticking by my original post ...

the only problem .. if its cracked elsewhere ... guess now we find out

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Well, its not.

No stars for you.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Well, its not.

No stars for you.

we will see when they finish the test in 62 hrs ....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4df2a7ab611.jpg[/atsimg]

that new pipe looks like it has a nice thread on it to seal it off or connect another device and take down the pressure gradually

and what has stars got to do with it? its called discussion.. maybe you should try it some time

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
so, you are calling it fixed, as in past tense, as in done, but saying maybe it will take another day or two?

Just saying, your thread title was premature and you sticking by it seemed odd, considering the evidence to the contrary.

And this IS discussion, in case you hadnt noticed

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
so, you are calling it fixed, as in past tense, as in done, but saying maybe it will take another day or two?

Just saying, your thread title was premature and you sticking by it seemed odd, considering the evidence to the contrary.

And this IS discussion, in case you hadnt noticed

Sry , let me clarify ...

I think that this process has all along been intended to stop the leak ... But stop it only with the capability to syphon off...

Its fixed was premature.. but i did add maybe at the request of others ...

REUTERS NEWS LINK

[Quote]

Regardless of the test results, BP should be able to contain the ruptured well's flow with oil-siphoning vessels by mid-July, said retired Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen, the top U.S. official overseeing the oil spill.

As the oil giant prepared for a potential turning point in the worst offshore spill in U.S. history, it also said its plans to sell some non-core assets, which will help pay for a $20 billion clean-up fund, were moving forward.

[/Quote]

By mid july it will be done and they will syphon off all the dollars ...

were is the profit in capping?? when you have spent millions and months Drilling...

This has always been a Capture mission .. not seal ...

So if fixed means .. Well re-opened and no longer pouring into the oceans, yes by the end of this process it will be fixed...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
like i said when this escapade began ...

ITS FIXED!!!!!!

They will not fix it until there share holders are protected... that has been assured .. hence its FIXED!!!!!

many threads have come and gone but i believe i called it first .... this thread will prolly be ignored tho...

and yes Just .. as your latest thread says ... there is a lot of scaremongering ... ELE etc.... but i have said one thing from the beginning ... ITS FIXED!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

many threads have come and gone but i believe i called it first .... this thread will prolly be ignored tho...

good for you

you called it so first that you called it before it was.

you are like nostradamouse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join