It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP: Don’t Expect Early Relief Well Completion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why does this not surprise me? BP has a habit of rollercoastering. Take them up, bring them down, take them up, bring them down!

MOBILE, Alabama - A top BP official is backing off an earlier comment that a relief well to stop the oil spill could be finished in less than two weeks. Bob Dudley is BP's person in charge of the gulf oil response. Dudley was quoted in the Washington Post newspaper as saying, in a perfect world, the well would be ready as early as July 20th. Dudley came to Mobile Thursday afternoon and said he agreed with Coast Guard Admiral Stan Wright, who's sticking with the August completion date. Dudley said, "He's (Allen) right. Mid-August is the target. In a perfect world, you could do it faster if there were no interruptions by weather or processes. We all know, its not a perfect world."

Source

In a perfect world all the checks and balances would have been in place, BP would have cared about what they were doing and we would not be in this mess.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is on the level of the "we care about the small people" comments spewed by the Chairman of the Board of BP.

These psychopathic killers just got one huge jolly out of building up hope among the "small people" and then taking it away.

Nice job Bob "The Psycho" Dudley.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why does this not surprise me either?

There's only 1,000 barrels leaking from the "spill" a day (in the beginning), we're capturing 15,000 barrels a day (shortly thereafter), the "spill" will be a trickle by next week (almost a month ago), we're ahead of schedule (a week or two ago), we're within 20' of the well (last week?), etc., etc., etc., blah, blah, blah....

Was mid-August the initial "at the earliest" estimate? I thought it was "by August"? They'd have more credibility throwing a storm of two in, time wise, and giving a realistic "with storms and 'whatever else might realistically get in the way'" by September instead of sugar-coating it and people thinking it might get done sooner than later. You got the roller coaster ride correct SMS. Unfortunately I'm not the least bit surprised that another thing they said isn't true. This game has continued to grow old for too long. Honesty and transparency goes a long way in my book. Just tell the people what they deserve to hear. I'd prefer to hear they haven't a clue how to stop it instead of the BS that's been coming from them for way too long.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons
This game has continued to grow old for too long. Honesty and transparency goes a long way in my book. Just tell the people what they deserve to hear. I'd prefer to hear they haven't a clue how to stop it instead of the BS that's been coming from them for way too long.

I starred you and I wish I could star you some more. I prefer honesty and openness to the lies, half truths and blatantly spoon fed buckets of cow dung we hear from them. Just tell us how it is without all the double speak.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Could have something to do with this posted today: Oil expert on CNBC: Relief wells a "SHAM"; 120,000 bpd of oil gushing;

new topics

top topics

join