It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. aims to detect cyber infrastructure attacks - Perfect Citizen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

U.S. aims to detect cyber infrastructure attacks - Perfect Citizen

uk.news.yahoo.com

The U.S. government is launching a program nicknamed "Perfect Citizen" to detect cyber assaults on private U.S. companies and government agencies running critical infrastructure, the Wall Street Journal said in its online edition.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.rocketnews.com

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Is this 'Big Brother' in the making - again and what limits will be in place to make sure its only used for what it is intended for. Also not liking the name of this project sounds like it’s more than is suppose to be. I always get a little paranoid when reading stuff like this because it always seem to start innocently enough but then the powers that be brains start ticking and looking at other ways to use this tech. Then there is always those that want to exploit it too.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
No surprise though is that Raytheon won the initial role out contract...

The big question however is what will be considered "critical infrastructure"? Does it include ISPs? Does Google and the services they provide fit the profile? It won't be long before their spiders are crawling throughout all online systems as extensions of the limited "critical" label.

online.wsj.com...

(added link)

[edit on 7/7/2010 by thomasblackraven]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sounds to me like Skynet. When members of Raytheon are emailing each other saying "Perfect Citizen is Big Brother," we should all take notice. The article you link to is pretty vague, for obvious reasons. I'd like to know more.

With us supposedly being only a short time from being able to create artificial life, though, the potential is a little freaky. And if they're successful, it can only be a short period of time before Perfect Citizen monitors the internet as a whole.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by jcolsto]

[edit on 7-7-2010 by jcolsto]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So does this mean I should stop posting from my BlackBerry cause big brother is watching.

top topics

join