It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Reasons why Britain is better than America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

"37-We can pronounce simple words like ‘aluminium’ "

Yes!! Al-u-mini-um... say it with me now.....

Oh okay then, don't.

I will block my ears every time I hear "A-lume-minum"... I cringe at the thought.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
personally I think these thread should be treated like retarded posts and be locked. But of course I dont agree with half the mods do on here.

What you think is better is only your opinion and to me your opinion is weak and rather sux.

1-Britain has a ‘Great’ in front of it’s name, America doesn’t. "but your a Brit and that is entirly to close to BRAT"
2-Monty Python "was a homo and outdated garbage filled everything he did to the point of retardation"
3-British comedy, not only is it generally funnier, but it doesn’t suffer from the curse of overly sentimental mushy gushy moralistic endings and characters "see #2 and if you think he was funny there really is no hope for u"
4-You can’t get a decent cup of tea in America "dont care for tea but least we can get a great burger, all you have is fish&Chips to the point u smell like it"
5-The Full English Breakfast, ‘nuff said "Jimmy Dean"
6-Britons have a greater grasp of sarcasm, irony and self-deprecating humour "ill give you sarcastic as that is all I see from this garbage"
7-Shakespeare "was also a homo that could not master his own tounge so he spoke in coded garbage.. notice alot of garbage from the brits"
8-America as it is wouldn’t even exist if it weren’t for Britain "Yes Brits helped so much we left there started our own and you tried to claim it as you claim this. We wooped ur ass and ur still butt hurt over it"
9-Patrick Moore "Who???... wtf ever idk who this joker is."
10-London, with all its shoe-shines and delightfully cheeky cockney chimney-sweeps "if it is so great why is ur queen buying up property around the denver airport??? Your london will be under water in the end and she knows it.
11-Bowler hats "just as retarded as a 10 gallon hat"
12-The phrase “that’s just not cricket!” - "never herd this but you not just wissling dixi"
13-The traditional British pub "2001 space odessey"
14-The unpredictable weather, which keeps things interesting "we are larger and have more variations of weather"
15-Every great villain in anything ever has been British "agreed, so you should be treated as such and hung"
16-Winston Churchill "another butt hurt loser"
17-Driving on the right side of the road, by which I mean the left "just proves my point"
18-The Loch Ness monster " go nussel up with nessy then you fishy smelling chap"
19-We have lovable Irishmen, Welshmen with…their…err sheep, and….the Scots "we have ever ethnic in the world... including brits"
20-Ale " american style lager"
21-We have a stiffer upper lip "another side effect to the fish and chips"
22-We produce wonderful loonies (see no. 9) "like this OP"
23-Americans have their oh so old great monuments, most of which my house is older than "time to remodel bro"
24-Hobbits "we have midgets as well"
25-We have a cooler accent "you sound like a bloody pansey, americans have a deep voice fit for a real man"
26-No matter how hard the Americans try, we’ll always hate France more "ill give you this but that does not make u better just ignorant"
27-We had a glorious empire, whereas America is still trying to acquire one "lmao, you call that little island a glorious empire??? Think again fish brain"
28-James Bond "fake figure, that like me saying we have super man but we all know thats BS"
29-The monarchy, love ‘em or loathe ‘em at least we have one to love and loathe "we just call them republicans and democrats"
30-The fact that we beat back the insidious Hun. Twice. "here have some more fish... dont mind the black stuff its just a little Brit love from BP"
31-Black pudding and jellied eels "yes you all like black crap... all over my beaches!"
32-The word ‘urchin’ "my reply will lock this post from a mod"
33-The convoluted British legal system "my reply will lock this post from a mod as they will block my replies and not ur thread"

34-Police truncheons (invented by Sir Henry Truncheon in 1762)
35-Sherlock Holmes "another homo that is fake"
36-British engineering, the best in the world "your opinion and thus far has stunk like fish"
37-We can pronounce simple words like ‘aluminium’ "but you still sound like a little fairy"
38-Monacles (see no. 9) "so great yet no one wears one as they look snobish and retarded"
39-We have a better national anthem, America sing about a flag, we use the power of song to ensure the Queen’s safety through divine intervention " to the denver airport while u and all her minions die in there bad mistakes"
40-British words, especially curse-words, e.g. arse, wank, bugger, codswallop, poppycock "sounds like a fairy 4 yr old but I am seeing a pattern... you all need to grow some ball$"
41-Dr. Who "exactly who????"
42-In Britain high treason is still punishable by hanging "as old as ur house, go figure"
43-John Cleese
44-Cheesy ‘70s BBC sci-fi shows, always a good thing "ur opinion"
45-We’re not so lazy that we feel the need to drive when going round our neighbours house "idk wtf your talking about but considering your gas prices I can understand"
46-Greenwich mean time, the basis of the world’s time, is situated in Britain "if there was a standard for old garbage it would be your house, the oldest and first things in existance usually get this job, if your so great WTF have you yet do come up with better design for a building and replace the junk???"
47-We have our place names, rather than stealing others and putting ‘New’ in front of them "well if you where as large and not the first place in existance you also would need some of the same names to places"
48-Wallace and Gromit "who???"
49-Freddie Mercury "another fish smelling fairy"
50- the austin mini cooper better then any muscle car

A new charger would woop you mini wanker any day!

Why we are better:
1. Even your queen is buying her future home here in denver.
2. DENTAL CARE!!!! "brush your fish grill"
3. Gas prices.
4. We can respect our flag and others.
5. We grew balls and left there. If it was sooo great then we would have stayed.

I can list more but at this point there is no need. Go choke on ur spot of tea buddy.

link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Ha ha indeed. you funny brummies and your hairy women.

Where you a Guardsman by the way? Presuming from your Avatar

link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Called a brummie a yamyam once, he didn't like it at all,big mistake,that and saying Villa were rubbish.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by birdyat101

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

One thing you did leave out Thank God was Fish and Chips because the English cannot cook good fish and chips (french fries) to save their lives. They actually eat the stuff with vinegar and do not know how to season a fish or chip batter at all. This is the bland common foods you feed to the peasants and the use of vinegar well.. That's not even a spice with a palatable flavor. That's just wrong on so many levels ( Yeah.. I am being Nice)

Now, you want some real fish and chips you come to Louisiana and let me cook you some fresh Cajun style catfish and battered seasoned chips. Your taste buds will never allow that other swill to go near your lips again.

i might take that offer then lol but you come to the uk first i will intoduce you to the best fish and chips in yorkshire made by me
(im a chef and i make the best ale batter and the chips the secret is what type of potato you use )

ps thanks for all your posts people im glad no ones taking anythink to heart just abit of fun im bored of ow dear the worlds going to end posts lol

Alright my good fellow. Let's swap recipes. I'll dig up some good ones I use and U2U them to you. I do rag on you guys for the vinegar use, and I do understand not all Englishmen likes to use it.. just like not all Americans use tarter sauce on their fish.

There are a few places here in the states that make fish and chips English style and coming from a spicy Cajun cooking background we Cajuns find them very bland. I also understand even in America most people aren't used to using spices like we do.

I have often thought of moving to England to open up an authentic Cajun fish and chips shop. I do envy the English for many of the things on your list and the history of the countryside fascinates me being a history buff. We here in our little commonwealth have no since of history like there is in Europe.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

MWAAHH, Puhlease... Hit a raw nerve did he with this thread? It was a humourus thread made to lighten everyone up. Obviously from your cack response (you have real beef with fish and chips, why is that?) you lack humour... Oh and a brain.
Thank god (gawd) the other americans here who replied arnt the like you!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Not sure what to make of the opening post...the only thing it makes me think of is .....and the world thinks Americans are arrogant!
sheez

Never mind...ignore my statement above......I see it was in jest. Carry on....nothing to see here.
And I like number 26...

[edit on 7/6/2010 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 7/6/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

Settle petal.

The OP is having a good natured Joke.

2-Monty Python "was a homo and outdated garbage filled everything he did to the point of retardation"

Love it.. Monty Python was really a group of well educated men... Eric Idle, John Cleese, .. and.. um.. can't remember the others now... yep getting old.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
How could you leave out

~ crop circles
~ beginnings of Punk rock
~ Justin Hayward (drool)
~ wire in the blood (and other amazing british mysteries)
~ miss marple
~ Jane Austin
~ Pink Floyd

From an American who would love to be a Brit ...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
3 things...

1:

2:

3:

link   
as a plus you forgot the KJV bible and His prayer for America and how that effected alot of things for the common man not only here but the world over but of course there were others before that just not so available for the "common", and as a plus for US you dont have Indians or skirts with boots, Spirit of America which I think gained back the land speed record or was the last time he blew the motor all she wrote? and the "wonderful" small step for mankind?

link   
nice lol.. and yeah i would have to a gree with a number of those listed reaons.. apart from the full brekky and black pudding deal.. i cant manage that one still.. and you put baked beans on pretty much, absolutely everything for food consumption lol..Other than that, Britians a #load better than America, in more ways than just 50 i am sure, but a good start! lol.. in additude and decorum of a people, alone, raises Britian above the US...
no contest.. will love to watch this one develope over the days

good job OP

edited to add: during my time in both countries the best way i can say it is that Aerican just feels cheap, fake and chinsy..where as all i have encountered here is solid, rich and real feeling if that makes sense.. for example -houses made of rock -vs- houses made of pressboard chipboard material-hmmm

[edit on 6-7-2010 by corruptedtesssa]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
[edit on 6-7-2010 by YJLTG]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Some of those things I would not be bragging about, but I guess it is a matter of opinion. I'll give you the comedy, I am not a fan of American comedy.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Yeah i would say most things on your list make me ashamed to be British, what exactley makes herpes British or is it just British herpes you are proud of and how do kebabs make you proud?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by lilsmurf]

[edit on 6-7-2010 by lilsmurf]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

No mate I was a Fusilier.. Our cap badges are similar, the guards came from my regiment to form a separate unit... They kept the exploding grenade cap badge minus the St George keeping the dragon in the centre...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Yeah to Peter

And Yeah to the movie

Who would ever think that Peter, a shy young boy, could achieve this - Hail Peter!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

You were right to point out the crapness of Villa... The Baggies re gonna stuff them brummies this year lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lilsmurf

Geez when did you get your humor bypass?
It's a funny thread, ie not to be taken seriously, lighten up, have a laugh you might like it.
Broom extraction team required here me-thinks.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

This thread is self-deprecating humour ...lol

Star and Flag mate....

You forgot to add that only the english call themselves British - the rest of us are either Welsh Northen Irish or Scots :p

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join