It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
You need 2,500 points to get a Backround Image, but Avatars are free.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hey i went to account settings and pasted the url of my avatar then clicked submit but when the page refreshes the link is gone and no avatar shows up?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's OK i fixed it, seems it was too big.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
You need 2,500 points to get a Backround Image, but Avatars are free.

What's the difference between Avatar and Background image?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG

What's the difference between Avatar and Background image?

A background image covers your whole profile, including where your background color is now. Take a look at kinglizards background image in this post, as an example...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

where as avatars only cover 160 x 320 pixels, background images can be quite long. (within the guidelines, that is)

Also note that there are things to take into consideration when making your background image. Such as the location of the text in your profile (Username and related info) You don't want to have colors directly behind the text that would tend to obscure the text, for example. Also, it is usually a good idea to place a completely transparent avatar in front of the background image, to enable more of the background image to be visible, even for shorter posts.

If and when you decide, I suggest that you get some help from someone that either works with avatars, or more preferably has some experience in making background images. You don't want to spend 2500 points, only to find out that your text isn't showing your name properly, for instance.

[edit on 6/24/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
First you have to download the file to your computer, then you have to go to tools and go to ATS uploads, save the picture file there, then go to account and copy the image location in your avatar file and make sure you have the option for your avatar to be seen. submit. If you do not see your avatar immediately on your account page then you did not copy the file right, be sure you get the parameters for allowable avatars before you start this process, if you exceed the size it may not let you upload to your account page. All of the instructions I have received were wrong, not sure, but maybe ATS changed the format after these instructions were posted and they didn't update the post yet. Just thought I would help out.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

P.S. Although I am new, if anyone would like me to help, I will do my best just send me U2U and I will respond as quick as I can. I understand the frustration. But just remember, it's only an avatar, LOL!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Avatar assistance guide: Ok, here's what you do... you go to your nearest Redbox, insert a dollar or whatever, rent the movie Avatar then go home and put it in your DVD player and hit play (if you don't own a DVD player you will need to buy one, please see DVD manual for instructions on operating your DVD player.)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
est

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
test

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
test

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>