It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 US-led troops killed in ambush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

9 US-led troops killed in ambush?

www.presstv.ir

At least nine US-led forces have been killed in eastern Afghanistan, as US General David Petraeus formally takes up his new role as commander of the Afghan war.

The soldiers died during clashes with the Taliban militants in the province of Kunar.

A spokesman for the Taliban, however, claimed 15 foreign troops were killed in the fighting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
My question is is this true or false. Right now Press TV is the only source, since its Iranian it can't be trusted when it comes to this kinda story. It does seem like a credible source however because they also give the taliban's side of the story which is of course exagerated. There is a military offensive going on in Kunar province by some 700 afghan and coaltion forces. If ATS'ers could do some diggin for me, it would be much appreciated. if you could find another source to go with this one, then id have to say its true. This would be big news otherwise and be spread out all over the headlines. thank you

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i also just want to add that the article had earlier stated 5 dead and has raised it to 9 now.. which tells me they are following the story..

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

The source now says nine killed or injured

Hopefully just injured but highly unlikely

S&F for you

Here is a thread of mine that I am trying to keep up to date on coalition casualties.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join