It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hell really a place of torture?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Quite well said for being agnostic

Separation from God is the second death.

And the lake of fire is not made by Satan but is made by God for Satan and those who chose him over God whose name is Jesus.

Revelations 3
[15] I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
[16] So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I am surprised I passed this post up when it was created. I guess the GOM was on my mind.

I believe that there are two Dimensions at play here, one is here in this Universe, the other is along side this Universe like ripples or thin layers, even influencing each other with such Quantum expectancies (such as Gravity being multidimensional in its influences); I think they see this in 'String Theory' now with the 'Electric Universe' model. I believe there are many such layers and Dimensions overlapping across the expanses of the Known Universe.

With that said,

There are Demons here. They are not from this Dimension. Demons or Devils, or the Devil (if there is a leader) is not trying to take our souls there, he is trying to bring their souls here. Satan is Society, it is money, power, control, the likes of which we face from day to day on an extreme level now in our state of existence. Credit, Debt, Prison, Death. Satan is Society for certain in my eyes.

Our Dimensions have been breached. They, Devil, wish to create their Dimension here, and it is exactly what is happening around us. The killing of Animals, Plants, and Humans, our Air, and now our Water. Soon the wasted lands will support the legions of Demons who reside in a place that must be quite as comforting as we are making this World.

So Hell is that Dimension which means this Dimension is Heaven. We just forgot because we are attached to Satan.

When our True Lord returns, then all Demons and all of their attachments take a move back to Dimension Hell. Not a place to be if you are from this Dimension, and the passageways will be sealed until Judgment Day. Then those that were taken to Holiday Hell will come back to ask for Forgiveness. By then the torment might render any soul a darkness the likes a demon would only know. They might make it, but why take such a chance. I prefer this Universe, this World Thank you very much so I choose Heaven on Earth and I cast out all Demons in the Name of our Lord _________ (fill in preferred name here)

I am still banking on Michael Jackson over Jesus Christ, but maybe by then he will just be called "Christ" without the need for a name.

Two Dimensions Heaven and Hell. We decide which we would like to live in. I say Heaven on Earth. We are already here, so the ending will tell us.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hell could be a place of torture if one perceived it to be. All the descriptions of hell are based on torturing the human body. If there is no
body there is no torture.

It's like watching a special effects flick on Super Imax3D. You could enjoy it if you remember that it is not real or you could really suffer if you are taken in by the illusion.

To paraphrase from the movie Joe Dirt:
"Hell is where you make it. Everybody knows that."

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tungus
Hell could be a place of torture if one perceived it to be. All the descriptions of hell are based on torturing the human body. If there is no
body there is no torture.

It's like watching a special effects flick on Super Imax3D. You could enjoy it if you remember that it is not real or you could really suffer if you are taken in by the illusion.

To paraphrase from the movie Joe Dirt:
"Hell is where you make it. Everybody knows that."

That's absurd, Satan and demons are fallen angels with no body. If hell was created for them, and they themselves have no physical body then the conclusion is you don't need a body to be tormented there.

I'm pretty sure Jesus knew exactly what He was saying when He said it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

This is exact point that the OP is making.
It may be a torture for humans but not for the "native" inhabitants.
To them it could be more like Disney land. Besides, if god ever decides
to visit hell does it mean that he will suffer? I think not.

This is why I said that the experience of hell based on the perception of
the experiencer.

In any case, the description of hell was meant to scare bronze age
humans. I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Why doesn't Lucifer make Hell a paradise?

A Helladise?...Nice

count me in...as long as I can have a gin and tonic to cool off me parched gullet

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Starman
Hey guys,You should visit spiritlessons.com... and either read or download the pdf copy. What you learn from this may shock you.
Another thing that will astonish you is this:- www.nepalitimes.com... The buddahboy of nepal

I saw the hairstyle on the first link

"Yep she's from TN or MS" was my mumble.
Lo and behold scroll to the end and TN it was. You realize her kind a ten are penny around here ?

Nothing a southerner likes more than fire and brimstone. It's meant to keep them pesky "freethinkers" in check.............

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Noncompatible]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The point of hell is to frighten the living. If hell were a party than one could sin like a madman on earth, die, and party like a rock star in hell. Why would anyone do anything else?

Second, if hell is real than I don't think we can accurately conceptualize it. It tortures the soul, not the body or even the mind. By the time you fully understand it is probably too late.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Lucifer did not make hell, God the Creator made hell. He made it for Satan and his unruley buntch of angels who fell to earth with him. At The Second Coming (The End Times), this was made to be there everlasting home along with man who denied his God and Holy Spirit.

So, no it is not a pretty place but the worst part of it for man is he will forever be lost and cutoff from God. God can not look upon sin. The Lord will no longer be able to hear your cries or see your tears. You will be alone. How sad, How sad!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
I was thinking one day about Hell and I came to a conclusion that got me thinking. If Satan's ultimate goal is to tempt people into sin so they will go to Hell why does he punish the sinners? Wouldn't it be more intelligent to reward the sinners? He should know that the knowledge of Hell being a bad place might deter some would-be sinners. Why doesn't Lucifer make Hell a paradise?

Good idea. Then I would be free to do all this :

You shall murder.

You shall commit adultery.

You shall steal.

You shall bear false witness against your neighbor.

You shall covet your neighbor’s house; you shall covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.

Wow. I imagine how the world going to be. A second hell? I don't know. Why don't you tell me?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Lucifer did not make hell, God the Creator made hell. He made it for Satan and his unruley buntch of angels who fell to earth with him. At The Second Coming (The End Times), this was made to be there everlasting home along with man who denied his God and Holy Spirit.

So, no it is not a pretty place but the worst part of it for man is he will forever be lost and cutoff from God. God can not look upon sin. The Lord will no longer be able to hear your cries or see your tears. You will be alone. How sad, How sad!

Mother....how did you and I end up on such different perspectives in life?

The things you say to me in person, do not reflect what you write here. Why is that.

You tell me in person you think that God makes a way for all of us to return to Thee....then you come on here and say how sad it is there will be those that will go to 'hell'.

I cant believe you are telling people God will turn his back on them.

Ask yourself as a parent, could you turn your back on your children?

Why do you tell me one thing, and preach another here> ?

Love,
Me

[edit on 9-8-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Sweetheart,

I have come to realize that the terrible truth id that it will not be GOD who gives up or turns His back on His Children, but it will unfortunly be THE CHILDREN who will turn their back on The Father.

He will keep trying to reach ALL HIS CHILDREN until the very end. It is His desire that ALL return home.

He doesn't want to any of his children to be lost.

BUT IT IS NOT HIS DECISION TO MAKE!

Sholam,
Mom

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join