It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did conspiracies become public news ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
As i watch the world change. Its becoming clear to me that EVERYBODY seems to have some knowledge on conspirecies. But when did they become public ? When i first heard about these things it was in mid 2004, yet now in 2010...its become common knowledge. is this all apart of their plan ? to expose themeselves to the public like this ? i mean even though alot of people know about this great evil nothing has changed. regardless of what you think in my opinion. please shed some light on this and your opinions.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Intuitiveaptitude2009

I believe it is partly because of the increasing connectivity via
internet, where so much info/sources are available and the public has the freedom(so far) to participate in speculating about events and the reporting from the media. I think it is partly due to money to be made from publishing conspiracy theories also, which seemed to take off in the last/this decade.

And then, there could just be some crazy ass conspiracy stuff really happening with more and more frequency.
Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory show - www.casttv.com... was a first for presenting information to the masses mainstream. So maybe you are right, we will continue to see increased reporting on conspiracies.

Perhaps "truth" really does rear it's head, eventually, penetrating all arenas of reporting. Sure makes for good sensationalism, regardless of who is involved.

Either way, I am glad to be a member here so I can get some broader perspective on things, even if that means eating a little crow every now and then!

Peace

[edit on 2-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks for sheding some light! Is it ironic that when youtube came to the forefront that all of this information flooded the internet ? And there are so many 'suckers' willing to pay for information about '2012, jesus coming back in 2012 and gaining super powers like sylar by reading this!' (sarcasm) ? It does convince me that there is a greater evil in the world just slowly unravaling itself. You know ? I'm not sure if your american. But why haven't more people in the states actually rebelled against the things that they know ?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

But why haven't more people in the states actually rebelled against the things that they know ?

Because some of us are sheeple, and some are slaves to economic servitude, some's plate's are so full with family concerns and making ends meet that they don't have time to process, or interest in, too much truth. There is also the possibility of being dumbed down with fluoride, food and pharmies .
I think there is a healthy rebellion going on(peaceful) overall, subtle but nonetheless, people are talking and sharing perspectives,"awaking."
I personally do not condone violence, so I won't be out there tearing anything up, but I stay informed and attuned, trying to stay positive and hopeful.
Still I am glad to be here and have the freedom to rant. And I am confident people are waking up at a faster pace. I have come to realize, even within a society, individuals are on their own path moving at their own pace, so evolution moves at a crawl it seems.

Pardon my digression here, but this is some encouraging tech news, that should help move us from the old paradigm to a new one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

[edit on 3-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Because it became more and more difficult to contain information, to cover-up their tracks. Partly because the PTB are over-expanded, and cracks appear everywhere.

Today, for the ones who have the will (sometimes that's even by coincidence that, by typing a combination of tag-words you find one or more alternative news website... and you start to read), it's a lot easier to find information/datas on subjects. And up to you increase your knowledge/awareness... if you're not too naive/gullible.

Because TPTB are aware of that phenomenon and (one of) the way they found to contain it, is to place their strawmen as leaders/teachers/whistle blowers to mix truth with lies or to use truth for their goals.
All that to confuse the hell out of us. They increase their presence by the number of their puppets/providers of 'truth' and they promote them as much as they can.
That's why you have "stars" in the conspiracy community.
This way they also increase the flow of informations to the point of saturation to make it almost impossible to true whistle-blowers, or "carriers" of truths to be heard, thus followed.

Quite clever, IMO.

And...Because it's time!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Congratulations!!
You entered the rabbit hole.

Conspiracies have been around since Og told his trusted tribe members that the tribe of Ub had a secret fruit.

Once you start to think for yourself and not trust the mass media consensus and fluff, enlightenment is an inevitable outcome.

How far you wish to follow it, however, is your choice.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Maybe conspiracy, in the mainstream news, serves the PTB's agenda:

1 Divide and conquer
2 Demoralize a nation before they finish destroying it.
3 Increase polarization in-case the PTB decide to stir up a civil war ?

During the Bush years, the left had numerous documentaries on how Bush stole the election, and gave some pretty good arguments.

Now in the Obama years, the right has some decent arguments how Obama is following the footsteps of Stalin and Mao.

Anyway the full truth is not to be found in the media, but you get pieces of it from both left and right media outlets.

"tell a little truth with many lies."

[edit on 3-7-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Positive and peaceful rebellion. What a beautiful idea. I think we need to become like the masons! Here's why: all they are is a group of men in high positions across the world, who will slowly and subutly bring destruction. With bizzare symbols like the all seeing eye and compass' but why can't we do the same ? Hold meetings and build lodges based off positive information ? But no one man would be higher than any other. And religion would play NO(i am a god fearing man) part in any discussion. Surely we're capable of that ? I'm gonna make it happen. Thats my goal i think!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Project_USA

Your scarily and worringly right. They can jump on the net and spread misinformation/disinformation. But here's the double edge sword: the more people that become aware of ats and other websites, then the more parasites are going to appear and spread deleterious information. Its all a loop a cycle almost. Of people coming close to finding the truth and then reading nonsense and believing it!

new topics

top topics

join