It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census worker posts biased comments on political discussion board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is a Democrat discussion board that supports President Obama. What is really revealing are the responses to the post. The author of this has Salt Lake City, UT listed as their city and state in their profile. So the job must be at a Census call center in Salt Lake City. The third response actually suggests that the Census Worker break Title 13 obligations and conduct "intelligence gathering". Don't these people know that when you post something on the internet the whole world can see it?

www.democraticunderground.com...

Drunken Irishman (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-02-10 05:13 PM
Original message
I'm about to start my job with the Census. Please pray for me...
Because tomorrow, I will officially be taking phone calls from anti-American assholes who have nothing better to do than bitch and complain about the government and refuse to take a MANDATORY survey.

I'm sure it'll be hell. I'm sure I'll have to bite my tongue the whole goddamn day.

But it is what it is - a job that pays fairly well and tides me over until my current job starts up again.

TreasonousBastard (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-02-10 05:41 PM
Response to Original message
5. I've been doing other surveys for them for about 4 years and...
it's getting way worse. Today I had someone say "I heard about you" and insisted I leave his property. His neighborhood apparently has a phone tree for the census watch.

I have heard of others being chased out at gunpoint, and even being arrested for trespassing and other trumped up charges.

Refusing to answer ANY Census survey, even the "horrific" health and housing ones, does carry a penalty and these assholes can be fined or jailed for not answering, but it never happens.

(Take Census out of Commerce and put it under Homeland Security. Then give us guns.)

BeyondGeography (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-02-10 05:53 PM
Response to Original message
9. Think of it as intelligence gathering
and all the good content we'll see here as a result.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

Don't these people know that when you post something on the internet the whole world can see it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might ask that of ATS posters as well!

So what?
Show me ONE comments section of anything, ANYTHING on the web that isn't filled with idiocy!
What's your point?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Pride cometh before a fall.

It's hubris nothing more. Government truly believes that it is untouchable. That healthy fear of the affected masses disappeared forty years ago.

May I suggest an alternative way to view this stuff. I've been around ATS for a long time though I just registered last year. Now, I'll be the first to admit that the folks on ATS aren't exactly representative of the population as a whole but I view ATS as a barometer of sorts (and brother, these days you'd better have a couple you trust).

The folks here are, for the most part, open minded, inquisitive, thoughtful, distrustful, observant and share their interpretations of events. To my way of thinking this puts us on the point of the spear. Our views and concerns lead the public at large by three to six months at least.

I believe that I can see where we're headed some months down the road by seeing where the ATS radar is pointed at any given time and what issues generate the most heat. Uncle Sam et al obviously feel the same way considering that we're monitored.

This website you've found will do the same thing. Read, interpret and discern. Though I don't necessarily give this group much weight the fact that they are given free reign to do this is telling of the atmosphere they work in. Or, to put it another way, it's possible to glean some bits of information regarding the bureaucratic mindset. Which, by the way, seems to be an "us against them" view shared by civil servants nationwide. On a sidebar, it's always amazed me how a person can go from nobody to somebody with a government job. Their comeuppance will appear the day that Uncle Sam has to lay off 50% of his dead weight.

Take from it what you can get from it and don't be too concerned about the venting of some government temp workers. This is not the year to appear on someone's doorstep announcing that you work for the government. I wouldn't deal with what they deal with for $15 bucks an hour. Collecting aluminum cans wouldn't pay as well but it would be a lot less stress and actually do something for the neighborhood.

Take the nobody's who think they're somebody's with a grain of salt.

SnF for being the fly on the wall.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by CmdrZero]

join